Cha

A Disgusting Event: Sandy Hook Elementary's Shooting

104 posts in this topic

Because people want to know that if someone hurts them, they have the power to kill them. That's it. A tazer doesn't give you that kind of power. It's stupid, I know. But it's how people think.

That, and tazers are close range, except for police issued ones.

Well that's just disgusting then and only makes me feel it is even less necessary with guns all around. In a modern civilized society we really should be able to get out of the "killing" mindset more easily, I have said it before and will say it again, isn't what is supposed to make us superior to the wild animals that we should be able to control our instincts and use our brains instead?

And if people were to get tazers, maybe give long range ones to teacher and such in that case then but have normal people have normal "last resort usage only" tazers?

This raises an interesting dilemma ongoing in the world.

Do we kill a criminal so that a man can live?

Or do we leave the criminal alive, and hope he doesn't kill again?

Do we become the animals by killing those who act like animals?

Or do we ignore the animals?

Bleh, death sentence argument.

Because people want to know that if someone hurts them, they have the power to kill them. That's it. A tazer doesn't give you that kind of power. It's stupid, I know. But it's how people think.

That, and tazers are close range, except for police issued ones.

Well that's just disgusting then and only makes me feel it is even less necessary with guns all around. In a modern civilized society we really should be able to get out of the "killing" mindset more easily, I have said it before and will say it again, isn't what is supposed to make us superior to the wild animals that we should be able to control our instincts and use our brains instead?

And if people were to get tazers, maybe give long range ones to teacher and such in that case then but have normal people have normal "last resort usage only" tazers?

This raises an interesting dilemma ongoing in the world.

Do we kill a criminal so that a man can live?

Or do we leave the criminal alive, and hope he doesn't kill again?

Do we become the animals by killing those who act like animals?

Or do we ignore the animals?

Bleh, death sentence argument.

Uhh you do realize lifetime sentences exists and usually works pretty well right? Also that was a bit random.

I am sorry for causing so much shit in this thread

It was not my intention

I would like to explain myself better but I am horrible at explaining things without talking to someone over a mic or irl

this part of a video explains it

I meant no disrespect to other countries either

I just came off a little douchey and would hope you would give my side a look

thanks

~Y

Apology accepted. I'm kinda desensitized to it as well. At the beginning of the school year (first day of senior year in a new school mind you) there was a shooting in the cafeteria. Granted, it wasn't as bad as sandy hook, but a kid still did get rushed to the hospital. So the shock of school shootings is really gone now, now that I've been to a school where it happened.