Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Blackety

Banned without a reason???

9 posts in this topic

I was just banned and there was absolutely no reason.

The last 2 things I remember are:

> I was playing detective and then I saw someone kill someone RIGHT in front of me so I killed him. But I wasn't banned right after that happened. Plus, I think that would be a really stupid reason to ban considering I have seen worse in the short time I played on the server.

> The very last thing that happened before getting banned was me asking what the TB stood for in the clan tag.

So why did I get banned? I'd very much appreciate it if I were relieved from my ban please..

The reason was already given and explained, the script/system automatically kicks/bans people for having incredibly low karma (as Malcolm said, somewhere around 400, might be 500 though), this is only possible if you've killed a LOT of innocents either in a single round or you've constantly killed a large amount of innocents over several simultaneous rounds. I'd also would like to remind you that you still haven't exactly given your SteamID which is the fastest way to locate/deal with your ban.

http://bans.ponyvill...lackety&Submit=

Just by going off of your Profile Name, this is your ban. It still shows it was the automatic system that banned you for having too low of a karma as explained above.

Edited by TheGreatJug™

the majority of ban appeals here seem to be due to low karma, and they seem to be coming from members who should have been banned, but not permanent.

An auto permanent ban seems excessively harsh. 1-2 weeks seems more fitting, since anyone who would want to "troll" wouldn't wait a whole week to come back and grief.

On the forums, the system is that you get a warning, then a day ban, then a week ban, then a permanent ban. Unless they are obviously here to cause grief, in which case we just give them the permanent ban.

I'm not sure if this "template" applies to the TTT server, or if there is an automatic system that warns people with low karma. All I see is a lot of people getting banned and a lot of appeals. Maybe something needs to be changed. Or maybe nothing needs to be changed and this entire post is null and void.

I linked my account with Steam, that's how I made an account here. Other than that, I don't know how to link my account elsewhere. It says it is already linked.

Also, like I said, it was my first time in that server and I was banned moments after the beginning of a round. Perma ban; no warning, and I did not mass rdm or anything. I killed one person who was inno, but it was because I saw him kill someone right in front of me. So even if the auto-ban system were to detect low karma, I only killed one inno and it was the beginning of a round. And, by that I mean the map just changed.

In conclusion, keep me banned if it's that important. I don't want to worry about a screwy auto-ban system anyway if the chance of getting perma ban occurs like this.

Gonna give you a second chance since its the holidays, be sure to not let this happen again.

:blink: ok. I'll be sure to not let it happen again.