Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FezzesAreCool

My Issue with Videogames

14 posts in this topic

I'm not sure if this is in the right place, but Videogames will apparently report me and attempt to get me Gagged, so I'll do my best to appeal before he has the chance.

So I decided to play TF2 today, and enjoy my Christmas Day. We were on a map called VSH_courtyard, a map that I honestly despise. But hey, let's play! So I was hale, Celestia... I had killed all but 2 people. A scout called Videogames, and a heavy. I decided to go for the scout, and so I did. But I couldn't. He started off being VERY laggy and despite hitting him several times, he got away. Then, he decided to be a typical scout coward and jump from the middle platform to the sides. I, being unable to doublejump, couldn't match him. I would doublejump to the middle, but he was on the other side. I would doublejump to the other side, he was on the middle. Okay, he was doing this act of cowardice. And then, he was doing no damage. We spent 3 minutes doing that, until I realised killing the heavy would get rid of his double jump. After the match, I told Videogames to man up and play with dignity - then he told me to "GO LEARN HOW TO PLAY HALE!" and I told him that he was being a coward. But his friend decided to tell me to look at his unusuals. "He's got unusuals, he's richer than you!" ... I told his friend that I don't care.

His money & unusuals won't stop him from being a coward and it certaintly won't make him a nice person. Then, his bumchum Dashie decided to get involved. Of course, Videogames was giving lots of things away to the people who were now defending him. They brushed my points away and told me that I'm weak, and Dashie gave an explanation of how a pack of wolves attack weaklings. Apparently, I am that weakling. I told Dashie to shut up, he wasn't actually listening to me and was really just siding with the coward. I told them to listen to me, but they continued to tell me that I'm weak and then Videogames told me that I'd be gagged when he reported me. I told Videogames to listen to me, I wanted to reason with them and make sure they knew that I'm actually a nice guy. They then said that nobody likes me, that Videogames is more respected and then he exited. But before he did, he wished everyone a merry christmas ... but me - he actually said "except Fezzes". I was sad, and now Dashie decided to call me weak for 1000th time. I logged off and decided to calm down. Now, I want to appeal against Videogames, Dashie & the gagging. I wanted to tell Videogames to stop being a coward, his friend decided to tell me that because I'm "poor", I suck. Then Dashie comes along and gives me an unwanted lecture about how I'm weak. Great.

EDIT: I can also report some racism by the holy rich saint Videogames. He did say "you're poor & irish" to me which I believe is either racism, discrimination or something along those lines.

Edited by FezzesAreCool

EDIT: I can also report some racism by the holy rich saint Videogames. He did say "you're poor & irish" to me which I believe is either racism, discrimination or something along those lines.

It's neither. It's a joke by Valve from a long time ago, specifically related to the Towering Pillar of Hats: http://wiki.teamfort..._Pillar_of_Hats (and then it became a joke within the TF2 community to describe players without any hats.)

It's neither. It's a joke by Valve from a long time ago, specifically related to the Towering Pillar of Hats: http://wiki.teamfort..._Pillar_of_Hats (and then it became a joke within the TF2 community to describe players without any hats.)

Alt link of Valve using that discrimination officially for the first time:

http://www.teamfortress.com/classless/hidden/hats/

1 person likes this

Also, I know him (long-time friend of his) and this sounds a lot like how he normally plays. You just gotta be fast and try to outsmart him. No need to get someone banned for being faster than you.

Thats how(and why) you play scout, to annoy the meow out of hale. Your fault for not killing the heavy sooner, or realizing it too late.

And well~ Seems like video succeeded in annoying the meow out of hale this time ^-^ Also, you aren't any better by calling him coward all the time~

1 person likes this

Everyone's attitude sucked in this--including yours, I'm assuming, based on choice of words here. The admin choice of action here is to remind everyone to stop being dicks to each other. To everyone who was involved, grow up already. Gameplay wise, no rules were broken. Yeah, it's frustrating at times, but that is how Scout is meant to be played. Everyone could demonstrate better sportsmanship though.

You're not going to get permanently gagged, or if you are, so will everyone else. Considering a temp ban on Videogames, but wanting input from other admins as well.

I said there was evidence for you to get in trouble and be gagged for insulting other players. It's christmas, I have no interest in ruining other people's fun.

* If you knew anything about the server, you would have known that killing the friendly would have given me a gravity nerf.

* I'm playing with a ping of 200 when I normally have 40.

I can't believe you couldn't catch me and then had the nerve to insult me and tell me to go die since you couldn't keep up. Hales can fake super jumps, and do 360 leaps, not my fault if you didn't know how.

If you actually take time to realize what I said, "poor and irish" is a joke from the Pillaring Tower of Hats. A humorous description of a hat that has a hat on its hat. I'm not racist in any way, nor intended to be. Everyone else in the server at that time (this was like 4 AM, EST, US) understood my joke.

It doesn't help you persisted to whine after the server started asking for you to drop the subject. You could have used a rage, and ended it then.

TL;DR Version: You became upset that you didn't catch a laggy scout. Every turn as hale is an opportunity to learn something new.

Edited by Videogames380

Fezzes, What VideoGames was doing, is taking advantage of being the Scout. Almost all Hale's can't double Jump and VideoGames knew that. You cannot call someone a "Coward" or tell them to "Fight like a Manly Mann", Just because they're playing the game. We would all understand it if he was hiding in the corner, not doing anything, but insulting him for simply Out-Maneuvering the Hale is unnecessary. But I do hope you stay though as Ponyville is very fun and friendly, and please don't be quick to judge other people because of how they play. VideoGames is a very friendly person who always try and help others when they need it. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year. :lol:

1 person likes this

Just pointing out the obvious on this one:

* I've been giving away items since I started playing on the ponyville servers (and long before then). That's over the course of... about 6 months (guessing)?

* For example, last night I gave two Free-to-Play users premium upgrades and wished them both a "merry christmas". That had nothing to do with them liking me or taking sides (it was before this 'problem' even began).

* Correct me if I'm wrong, but a single item, to two separate people isn't "lots of things", comparing to how often I used to use gift piles (example- I used 15 gift piles on my own birthday back in June).

So, if I do happen to bribe people, it's not on purpose. I have a long history of gifting items.

The matter of who was more liked, to what I recall, was not started by me. Someone else brought it up and it became a sh!tfest after that. By that time however, I was ready to fall asleep, so don't take my word on it.

Edited by Videogames380

I don't see a problem in killing a single scout if only a "friendly" heavy is left on a very small map where you can find him easily. Killing the Heavy gives the Scout double gravity which prevents him from jumping and you would be faster than him.

Also you were already banned 1 week for insulting pretty much all bronies and raging on Whacky Races like a bad troll would do before you ragequitted.

Think what you want. Isn't changing the fact that he did it. I can tell you specific what he said and what happend if you want since I was there when it happend.

From what I've gathered of this thread, it's the OP that broke the rules rather than Videogames. Of course, I wasn't there when this happened, I was asleep, so I don't know what really happened so my input on whether or not any rules were truly broken is limited.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0