Rainy

Planetside 2 - Outfit

34 posts in this topic

Hello dearlings!

I wanted to let you all know about how to join in on the fun in Planetside 2 whenever I am streaming. I run a social Outfit in Planetside 2 that anyone is welcome to join regardless of skill level. Nothing would make me happier than to to play with all of you in my Squad or Platoon! My Alpha Squad always has a Squad Booster when I'm streaming and when we get big enough to form a Platoon, we try to get an additional Squad Booster in Bravo Squad so that no regulars are left out of the increased Cert gain.

SERVER/FACTION
Sean Connery (US)
Terran Republic

OUTFIT/TAG
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious [sUGR]

ABOUT OUR OUTFIT
There are a few things that you should know about this Outfit that make it different from any other Outfit in Planetside 2. The first is that this is literally the nerdiest Outfit you could ever join because we enforce Ork roleplay and Ork speak in our Outfit, Platoon, and Squad chat. The Orks that we roleplay aren't the typical dum dum greenskins that you know from fantasy games like World of Warcraft. They're the Orks from the Warhammer 40,000 sci-fi universe. They're made to fight and scrap an' stomp an' win an' dey iz all ubbout stompin' da oo-nee-verz flat! WAAAGH!!

Here's the eloquent recruitment message from my Twitch.tv page:

So ya wan ter join owt Outfit in Planetside 2? Den lissen 'ere boyz an galz:

Our Outfit iz awl ubbout killin' da Panzee Vaanu an da Nyoo Conglomerate umies! Our onlee ruul izzat ya must use Ork speak in da Outfit 'n Sqwad TEXT chat an brin' lotsa dakka ter da baddlefield! Donz knowz ow ter speak Ork? No excusz! Use our diksho... dishcon... er, dis fing Boss Raini constructeded.

An as fer dakka, DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!

If dat awl sownz nice ter ya den jus' bark yer Planetside 2 name owt on da Twitch.tv chat an da boss or 'n occifer will invite ya ter da Outfit.

umies.png

The Codex Astartes names this maneuver

HOW TO JOIN OUR OUTFIT AND/OR SQUAD
There is no way to send Outfit invites to offline players currently, which means that we both have to be online in order for you to receive an Outfit or Squad invite. The best way to do this is to ask for an invite in my Twitch.tv chat and include your character name in Planetside 2. Remember that you must be online and in-game to receive the invite. If I am not streaming Planetside 2, you'll have to see if one of the other Officers can invite you to the Outfit. Once you've been invited to the Outfit, you'll usually receive invite to the Squad automatically whenever I start streaming. However, if you can't get an invite to the Squad, you should be able to join it automatically under the Social tab.

Q: Am I able to join your Squad/Platoon if I am already in a different Outfit?
A: Yes, of course! Joining our Outfit is not a requirement to play with us.

Q: I don't know much about Warhammer 40k. How do I speak Ork?
A: I created a webpage with an English to Ork Dictionary that you can play around with to see how Orks talk. Their speech is a parody of Northern English. Common Ork lexicon include "WAAAAGH", "redunz go fasta" (referring to how ork vehicles move faster if painted red), and "dakka dakka", which is an onomatopoeia for the sound of bullets and refers to anything with lots of firepower.

Q: What are the Outfit ranks?
A: We don't maintain a serious heirarchy or anything, but here is a list of our ranks just the same:

Da Boss
+ + + That would be me! + + +

Occifer
+ + + Invite - Join Voice Channel - Set MOTD - Kick Players + + +

Nob
+ + + Invite - Join Voice Channel - Set MOTD + + +

Snotling
+ + + Invite - Join Voice Channel + + +

Decapotatoed
+ + + No Privileges + + +

PLANETSIDE 2 ORK LEXICON
We make a lot of it up as we go along, but here are the basic ones:

Vaanu - "panzee fish'eds" (after the Tau who they resemble from 40k). We call them "sneaky gitz" and "fancypantz" and like to accuse them of running away in high heels with their "makeup casz" between their legs. We also like to make fun of their voice commands: "Need a hair dressa ober 'ere!"

New Conglomerate - We call them "Nyoo" Conglomerate. They are lovingly referred to as "Spice Marines" and "Umies" (after the Ultramarines and Space Marines they resemble from 40k). We'll call the girls "Mary Sues" because of the cute way they sound and also in reference to the status of both the Ultramarines and New Conglomerate within both fandoms.

daisy.png

Daisy the Defflib being repaired by AzureSkys the Engineer

Vehicles - Prefixed with "Deff". Deffgalaxy (Galaxy), Defflib (Liberator), and so on. Oh, and the ones that the bigg boss (me) spawns are always named

(like "Daisy da Deffgalaxy") with a giant Daisy decal on the front, so you can't miss them! The only exception to the "deff rule" is the Sunderer, which we refer to as "Sundae". "Dat enemy Sundae needs sprinklez! Giv 'er lotsa dakka!"

Squad Beacon - Sqwad Bacon

Continents - Indar is India, Esamir is Hoth or 'Fridge, Amerish is Amish Country.

Dahaka Amp Station - Lovingly referred to as "Dakka Amp Station". We defend it to the death if anyone is trying to take it while we're on Indar.

Ter 'elp ummies talk roight, go ter http://dakka.nerdorable.net

If ya grotz wan an invitashun ter da outfit wen Rainicorn iz nub browd-cassin, stop by Rainicorn's Twitch.tv channel an ask if sumone kan send ya an invitashun.

If ya already belong ter anodder outfit but wuud loike ter be in Rainicorn'z Sqwad fer da browd-cass, whispa 'Johndecamper' in game .

Terran Might!

Edited by John_Aitc

It is only a requirement to type it out. There is no requirement to actually speak it over voice chat.

It makes me happy to hear Synth when he does speak it, though!

Also, I am still trying to get the hang of meaning when reading posts prefixed with the > thing. I feel so behind the times these days!

Ruby,

Anytime yer signed on, stop by Rainicorn'z channel on Twitch. tv. Der will be a grotz ter getcha enlisteded!.24x7

I love your avatar, Ruby! Could I bother you for a link to the original image? Tali is my favorite Mass Effect character. :heart:

It was nice having you join us yesterday in Planetside 2! I'm sorry to hear that you are having framerate issues though. There are actually a lot of people experiencing issues with this game because it is still in need of optimization and is naturally very processor intensive.

If you haven't done so already, I'd suggest checking out some of the tips that I provide in my FAQ. Altering your render distance can have a huge impact on the framerate of your game.

Meeb was glad dat ya woz abul ter git in da game an join Rainicorn'z outfit, Ruby. It was very nice ter meet/play wif ya.

If anyone else wants ter join Raini, Ruby, an da rest o' us Grotz, stop by channel Rainicorn on Twitch.tv. Weeb will getcha enlisteded.

PS2 IGN: JohntheCamper

Outfit membership nub neded. If ya wan, jus' join our Sqwad fer a raidin' da sissy Vanu an whimpy NC.

Mr Kenyon, Du ya follow Rainicorn on Twitch an 'er Twidda on da blinky box? Da Boss always shouts owt fer 'er Grotz wen it iz time ter kills da pansie Vanu.

http://www.planetside-universe.com/characters.php <<< Not sure how accurate these stats are, but this seems like a site worth visiting.

PS2's Fritter; Spyderpug in Rainicorn's chat found this link. Thanks, Spyder

Waaagh!

Info courtesy of RedDominion in the Planetside2 Forums:

In case you haven't heard, decals for the Empire Showdown are being given out on Twitter. Tweet one of the following messages to receive a code for your decal.

What to Tweet (You must be following @planetside2 before Tweeting these codes.):

For all good and honorable grotz:

@planetside2 I stand by @TotalBiscuit and the Terran Republic in the PlanetSide 2 Ultimate Showdown! #PS2showdown

Or if you weren't raised properly:

@planetside2 I stand by @SeaNanners and the New Conglomerate in the PlanetSide 2 Ultimate Showdown! #PS2showdown

and

@planetside2 I stand by @TobyTurner and the Vanu Sovereignty in the PlanetSide 2 Ultimate Showdown! #PS2showdown

thermopylae.png

Today our Outfit single-handedly held the line at Two Stone Beach for over two hours and thirty minutes after being completely cut off from the TR. We remained the only territory on the continent under TR control in spite of our close proximity to the Vaanu Esamir Warpgate and complete lack of reinforcement outside our Platoon. It was like an Ork Thermopylae!

ork-yell.png

2 people like this

Damn.  Shame I missed that.  But I got to finally roll with everyone a little bit tonight.  Well worth it, definitely need to hit this up more often.

Damn.  Shame I missed that.  But I got to finally roll with everyone a little bit tonight.  Well worth it, definitely need to hit this up more often.

It was great fun, MrKenyon. Thanks for joining us!

Now that you are in the outfit, you can join Rainicorn's Squad whenever you join. She always sets it to public mode. If I see you join I will still send the invitation, though.

The might of Rainicorn's Terran Republic Platoon... Yet another continent capture. More VS and NC hopes and dreams clobbered.

1 person likes this

I tried my best at that game, I ended up with incredible frame drops, constantly getting spawnkilled by tanks and getting turned on by a sniper I was shooting in the back with my Heavy Assault :|

But anyway, ill try to play next time everyone's there :3

I tried my best at that game, I ended up with incredible frame drops, constantly getting spawnkilled by tanks and getting turned on by a sniper I was shooting in the back with my Heavy Assault :|

Please do try to play with Rainicorn again. Her FAQ has a lot of good suggestions to help you get better performance in the game. Scroll to the very bottom of this page: http://faq.nerdorable.net/game.html . The most important of all the suggestions is changing the Render Distance in the UserOptions.ini file.

Please do try to play with Rainicorn again. Her FAQ has a lot of good suggestions to help you get better performance in the game. Scroll to the very bottom of this page: http://faq.nerdorable.net/game.html . The most important of all the suggestions is changing the Render Distance in the UserOptions.ini file.

Thanks for the help, I changed the render distance and the game was way smoother with less frame drops, so thank you John and also Raini for that helpful tip to improve performance in that game