Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dr. Whooves

You want Pony sounds? Here is a .wav flood.

18 posts in this topic

Wow thank you!!

I am going to download these now and I will consider adding some of them later. =) What I will probably do is make a list of all the sounds currently on the server, and then run a poll on which ones to add, while taking suggestions on which we could remove due to lack of use. I would really like to update the sounds on the server.

Thank you for taking the time to rip, convert, and upload all of these! One of the reasons I haven't touched the sounds since adding them is that I was having a very difficult time finding them online in mp3 or wav format.

Celesita's "Gotcha" would be amazing for me, seeing as how I used that quote on my favourite sniper rifle...

0e558b8f9976583320ed761a9389dda6.png

I'd probably even bind a key to it.

Dr. Whooves, you are awesome.

Because I can, I'll just rattle off a few of my favorites from that pile.

applebloom_powertools

applejack_sleep

cmc_run_from_me

flutterrage_laugh

fluttershy_tree

gilda_know_what

nightmaremoon_know_who_i_am

nightmaremoon_yourekidding

pinkiepie_how_equestria_was_born

rainbowdash_adorable_trash

rainbowdash_iron_pony

scootaloo_call_a_chicken <--would be awesome for people to spam in response to scootaspam

scootaloo_whatever_you_want <-- :look:

spike_noooooo <--practically tailor-made for TF2

twilight_all_ponies_crazy

twilight_yesyesyes <--I can see this going head to head with spike's Big No a lot, creating many lulz

That list got longer than I expected...

Maybe I'll search for a way to create an mp3 or wav for the hoity toity sound I wanted.

What we should do is get people to make a list of their favorite sounds from that pack, and then run a poll for people to vote on which they want to see the most.

I can't add every sound because it would be too much for people to download the first time that they connect to the server. So we need to be selective.

Let me know what your favorites are and I will be able to get a poll up!

All the soundclips are my favorite But I would want any of Pinkie pie's soundclips.

I don't really mind...... I just want more soundclips xD

Rainicorn, But When i downloaded 200 soundclips it took me like 1 min or so. If I download it on tf2 what difference does it make?? I'm just curious.

Edited by Rainicorn

People don't want to wait several minutes to connect to a server for the first time. Many people won't even connect to a server once they realize it is trying to download custom content.

I think that 20 or 30 sounds should be more than enough.

People don't want to wait several minutes to connect to a server for the first time. Many people won't even connect to a server once they realize it is trying to download custom content.

I think that 20 or 30 sounds should be more than enough.

I may be mistaken, but I think downloading custom sounds is disabled by default now? The first time I joined the server I hadn't downloaded any of the sounds because of that little tickbox...

Favourite sounds:

(GOD TIER)

twilight_nonono

twilight_yesyesyes

celestia_gotcha

scootaloo_call_a_chicken

sweetiebelle_dumbfabric

cmc_battlecry

(Demi-god tier)

applejack_fancymaths

applejack_sleep

appleloosa_shame

flutterrage_come_out

flutterrage_my_pretties

flutterrage_laugh

fluttershy_tree

fluttershy_you_rock

fluttershy_way_to_go

photofinish_fruttershy

pinkiepie_need_to_get_out

rainbowdash_adorable_trash

rainbowdash_im_on_it

spike_noooooo

trixie_anything_you_can_do

trixie_great_and_powerful

It isn't sounds specifically. TF2 has an option to disable the downloading of custom content. Anyone who checks that box will refuse downloads for sounds, skins, and even maps.

Most people have it on by default, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they will patiently sit through a download that is over a minute long just to connect to a server.

The reason you don't see the downloads anymore is because you've played on the server and downloaded them already. You don't need to download them twice.

It isn't sounds specifically. TF2 has an option to disable the downloading of custom content. Anyone who checks that box will refuse downloads for sounds, skins, and even maps.

Most people have it on by default, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they will patiently sit through a download that is over a minute long just to connect to a server.

The reason you don't see the downloads anymore is because you've played on the server and downloaded them already. You don't need to download them twice.

It used to be either download custom content or don't, but they must have patched in this third option at some point:

4a8d194c963fe3715cd8d9282b3cbf70.png

See, 3 options. I'm pretty sure it used to only be 2 though.

It looks like polls are set to a maximum of 20 options, so a normal topic poll won't work for this.

If you want we could just make a topic where people make a single post voting for all of the sounds they want to see, then tally them independently. I wouldn't mind counting them up if you want. We could run it for a week to give other people a chance to see it, then take the top X choices.