Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rainy

[Tutorial] Donors and Reserved Slots

1 post in this topic

Once you donate to our community, your reserved slot access and donor privileges should be activated on all of our servers upon map change. If you still cannot connect with your reserved slot after several map changes, or are having other issues, then I would like to personally address your case as quickly as possible. I credit every user for their inconvenience and lost time whenever there is an error within our system.

Before coming to me however, it is necessary for you to first do a bit of troubleshooting on your own. Please take the time to follow these connection guidelines before attempting to contact me about issues with your account.

HOW TO CONNECT USING YOUR RESERVED SLOT

The reserved slot system on our servers can only be accessed in one of two ways; Console, or GameMenu.res.

The Console command for connecting to one of our servers is "connect 68.232.161.2:27015" (without the quotations marks). Don't forget to replace the IP with the IP of your preferred Ponyville server. There is also a convenient GameMenu.res that you can download which will make joining with your reserved slot as easy as clicking a button. It can be found HERE.

THESE ARE THE ONLY WAYS THAT YOU CAN CONNECT WITH YOUR RESERVED SLOT!

Attempting to connect using the built-in server browser in Team Fortress 2, Auto-Join, etc., will not work. Make sure that you are using either the Console or GameMenu.res to connect. Once connected, you should be able to see the "20% Cooler" image with Rainbow Dash above your head during startup and round end/humiliation, as well as the text "20% Cooler" by your name in text/say chat. If you see this, then your donor privileges are working!

KNOWN BUGS AND OTHER ISSUES

RESERVED SLOTS NOT WORKING AFTER A TF2 UPDATE

Reserved slots are made possible by a plugin which utilizes SourceMod. SourceMod is a server mod created and maintained by individuals and not Valve. Occasionally, Valve will put out a major TF2 update that breaks the functionality of SourceMod on our servers. There is literally nothing that we can do to "fix" reserved slots when SourceMod is broken. All that we can do is wait for SourceMod to be updated; which can sometimes take up to several days.

SOMETIMES GIVEN "SERVER IS FULL" MESSAGE WHEN CONNECTING WITH RESERVED SLOT
Our reserved slot system works by kicking a random player from the server in order to make room for a connecting Donor. Occasionally, if two Donors are attempting to connect at the same time, there will be a delay or "server is full" message while the server attempts to kick a second player. If this occurs, simply type "retry" in console to reconnect again. This is a bug that you will rarely (if ever) encounter.

HOW TO CONTACT ME IF YOU STILL HAVE ISSUES

If you are trying to connect using the Console or GameMenu.res and are still having issues, even after several map changes, please contact me on the forums via Private Message. My profile can be found HERE. If you are logged in on the forums, CLICK HERE to PM me.

Make the title of your PM "Donor System Issue" and include the following information:

- The PayPal e-mail address used to make the donation(s).
- If you donated for a friend (or they donated for you), include the PayPal Transaction ID.
- The SteamID that should be associated with the donation.*
* If you don't know how to find your SteamID number, use the SteamID Finder.

Include as brief a description as possible about your issue. Do you get Donor Recognition ("20% Cooler") on some servers, but not others? Does your reserved slot work on some servers, but not others? Did your donor time cut off prematurely? If you notice anything quirky, let me know in the message.

Please DO NOT send me a friend request on Steam or try to contact me via other services/websites, such as Raptr or Twitch.tv. I am unlikely to add you to my friend's list or receive/respond to your messages in a timely manner using these services. PMing me on these forums is the ONLY way to contact me with the guarantee that I will see your message and respond!

IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU CONTACT ME DIRECTLY WITH THIS INFORMATION.

Other Admins are limited in their ability to help you as they do not have direct access to the Donor System for privacy and security reasons. I do not care how small your issue may seem, either! Even if your donor time ended a day earlier than normal, it is still important to me that you are credited for all of your time. Do not be shy to contact me about your technical issues.

I am sorry to anyone who has experienced, or is currently experiencing, issues with our Donor System. Thank you for your patience and most of all for donating. Your donations are what keep our servers, forums, and community going!