Rainy

[Staff] Moderators - Explanations and Applications

654 posts in this topic

Yay!  For a while I thought I would be a clueless Moderator who wouldn't be able to do anything.  Thank you for posting this! ^.^

I'll name a few more potential nominees. A few people I've noticed that could do a good job if given the chance.:

Zero Beat

STEAM_0:0:26325212

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Zero_Beat/

* Playing on the servers just as long as I have. He's a very understanding player, and has a good grasp for the rules.

* Very commonly plays on Texas & NJ VSP servers.

----------------

Solar

STEAM_0:1:27180336

http://steamcommunity.com/id/SolarPoweredToaster/

* Been a member of the servers going back quite awhile ago (dating back at least a year ago).

* An active player on the servers (mainly Texas and NJ), recognized by a lot of the players.

Neither of them were told before I made this post, but if asked, I'm fairly sure they would be willing.

I will be very interested to see how this works out. it sounds like a great idea, and I have faith in you all

Alternatively, if it comes back saying "you do not have permission to use this command", it could be related to an issue I'm having with the Donor System right now. If it is giving you this type of error, send me a PM about the situation and include your SteamID so that I can fix it.

I would like to nominate a player named Stormlex.

He has been playing on Ponyville servers for about a year and a half and is rather well known.

He is a good team player, doesn't tolerate nonsense, but is fair at the same time and has his own server and experience moderating.

He plays on the Ponyville Texas and Jersey servers daily and occasionally Cali.

STEAM_0:0:10285151

I would like to nominate a player named Stormlex.

He has been playing on Ponyville servers for about a year and a half and is rather well known.

He is a good team player, doesn't tolerate nonsense, but is fair at the same time and has his own server and experience moderating.

He plays on the Ponyville Texas and Jersey servers daily and occasionally Cali.

STEAM_0:0:10285151

Added!

1 person likes this

ummm i tryed doing "users" in console and it didnt work (im asking this while there is a hacker on the server) and idk what to do there is a admin on trying but i feel a bit useless right now....

moderators need some power the voting systems isn't working quite well people will just ignore them and continue doing what they please and not listen to mods warnings. this needs to be fixed. it would be good if mods got instant kick gag/mute and maybe even slay for the friendlies.

I have to agree with Ender here, this is the fourth time today alone that I've experienced people ignoring both warnings and preventing any sort of gag/kick is not reaching the required threshold. The main problems I see is sound spamming, map exploits (late spawn/out of hale's reach) and mass friendlies (not just one or two who die quickly after: literally 75%+ Friendlies).

Altogether, it rarely even works when there's a single sound spammer, normally they stop for a minute or two then continue, as a result the server population usually thinks it's somebody else, or everybody just clicks 1 to get rid of the vote.

Here's an example of mass friendlies: (12/14 friendlies, hale was literally just running around the map with nobody attacking on either team)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=132916097

(Yes, it's hard to prove friendlies)

And here is really bad spam: Both Ender and myself already gave warnings through mic, and several players asked to stop the spam, as well as several other chat warnings. The spam continued for a few minutes after that as most players simply pressed 1 or ignored the vote altogether.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=133132744

The only commands that need to be accessed without a vote should be the 30 minute gag/mute or some sort of vote slay for map exploits/never ending friendly rounds.

1 person likes this

moderators need some power the voting systems isn't working quite well people will just ignore them and continue doing what they please and not listen to mods warnings. this needs to be fixed. it would be good if mods got instant kick gag/mute and maybe even slay for the friendlies.

I don't think the mods warnings aren't that affective at all. At night time the mods behaviors are quite different and a bit abusive. In my opinion.

I shouldn't HAVE to mute everyone.

Don't even get me started.

Sound spam can be turned off, but what about the times when you re-join and the sounds are re-enabled? (Usually caused by steam issues, like no loadout)

Having to mute everybody...

That's like playing alone then, why not just go to another server?

I don't think the mods warnings aren't that affective at all. At night time the mods behaviors are quite different and a bit abusive. In my opinion.

The mod warnings aren't effective and are quite often ignored. As a matter of fact, there rarely is any action because of mod intervention, as a vote kick/gag/mute is quite rare, and when it does occur it rarely gets the majority vote required.

As for mod abusive behavior, how might that occur? They can't do too much, as far as calling in an admin or calling a vote, there needs to be a large percentage of the population that agrees with them. In other words, the majority of players would have to agree with the abuse. But, if there's a moderator that's abusing his powers, as in claiming he can do things against the rules, then contact an admin with evidence to support your argument and something should get done.

Yeah I'm going to have to agree, moderators are really underpowered, so underpowered they really can't do their job. I suggest either change it to only the moderators in-server get the ability to vote when a vote is created which might be a more democratic way to moderate then just the alternative which would be to just give them the ability to kick/slay/gag/mute

if the players are complain about sound spam, they can just disable the sounds, and same thing with mic spam, they can just mute them, no need for mods or admins to come in

Yeah, let me just impede the enjoyment of my game and possibly get pulverized by the hale while muting a bunch of 8 year olds who are incapable of reading text messages.

Im not sure how it is currently, but is there anything which distinguishes between a normal player and a moderator? aka a tag which says mod or maybe a different colour of text?