Rainy

[Staff] Moderators - Explanations and Applications

654 posts in this topic

I'm going to say my opinion about Zeke.

His behaviour sometimes is being a bit rough. Sometimes he's saying things that can hurt or sadden others without thinking.

Time back, he was going full blacklisting on me because I play with high ping, saying my ping is ****ed up and told that I shouldn't play hale and didn't happen only once.. He kept mentioning it after people saying things like for example "Person: my aim is bad today" and then saying after "Zeke: I don't care about your aim, it's just this guys ping is ****ed up". The way he was he was talking about was like he was talking behind my back. This way I can't enjoy myself in the server when I can't play without him saying these things about me.

If he could fix his actions a bit, I can change my opinion but for now I would say "No".

You could be mistaken zeke for other player, considering i seen other player talk allot of shit for ping, I.E me and im not gonna hide it, because high ping people shouldn't even need to rage, and no it doesn't go both way's, why because people with higher ping has a higher advantage then normal ping, which i already talked about in a different post, and i don't remember him saying that, because if zeke is gonna talk crap to people, he would rather tell you on mic, and not waste time about typing.

Me on the other hand i will criticize anyone who think they are better then people, or people who say "Ez" "you people suck" all these other comment from players brag, and you have high ping, yea no im gonna talk shit, because high ping people shouldn't talk shit like that.

But considering that thing are getting nerf finally im hoping the server getting moved to the new computer server.

This isnt about that though, so im just gonna do my vote, and I nominate zeke aileron for

mod http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198088162209/

Edited by »Zba«☤☣Codenothing☣☤
1 person likes this

Have already talked to Zeke 'bout this, but think I'll put it here anyways. It doesn't really matter if the ping is "fair" or not. It's obviously not a straight advatange, it makes more sides more difficult, but that's not the point.

The point is that if you go over mic and criticize players that they're only winning because of their ping, or just be generally rude about it, then it's not ok. It doesn't matter if it's fair or not, just don't be rude about it. I personally don't like fighting high ping, but it's not the players fault.

Obviously though, if the player is being cocky about winning and all, then that's a whole different issue, but I've just seen different players criticize people because of ping, when they aren't even acting cocky about it.

Did talk with Zeke about this already though, and I think it's not really as big of an issue before. Not against him getting moderator, but glad that the issue was brought up regardless. It's better for people to bring up their issues they have with the person getting mod instead of not saying anything, and it still continuing to be an issue later on if they end up getting the position.

Tl;dr, was a problem before, think he could do fine with the job as long as those things don't persist.

2 people like this

I'm going to say my opinion about Zeke.

His behaviour sometimes is being a bit rough. Sometimes he's saying things that can hurt or sadden others without thinking.

Time back, he was going full blacklisting on me because I play with high ping, saying my ping is ****ed up and told that I shouldn't play hale and didn't happen only once.. He kept mentioning it after people saying things like for example "Person: my aim is bad today" and then saying after "Zeke: I don't care about your aim, it's just this guys ping is ****ed up". The way he was he was talking about was like he was talking behind my back. This way I can't enjoy myself in the server when I can't play without him saying these things about me.

If he could fix his actions a bit, I can change my opinion but for now I would say "No".

You could be mistaken zeke for other player, considering i seen other player talk allot of shit for ping, I.E me and im not gonna hide it, because high ping people shouldn't even need to rage, and no it doesn't go both way's, why because people with higher ping has a higher advantage then normal ping, which i already talked about in a different post, and i don't remember him saying that, because if zeke is gonna talk crap to people, he would rather tell you on mic, and not waste time about typing.

Me on the other hand i will criticize anyone who think they are better then people, or people who say "Ez" "you people suck" all these other comment from players brag, and you have high ping, yea no im gonna talk shit, because high ping people shouldn't talk shit like that.

I was not mistaken with Zeke.

It's doesn't go that far to not required to rage at all, because big disadvantages as well as poor hit registration and confusing knockback.

The actual truth is it's harder for high ping players to play.

You might have not been there when he said stuff like that.

He did say it on the mic.

Well I did not get to the point where people are saying things like these because they have a range advantage for high ping and I'm not like that, I always play the same way like in a European server and don't care about my range.

Have already talked to Zeke 'bout this, but think I'll put it here anyways. It doesn't really matter if the ping is "fair" or not. It's obviously not a straight advatange, it makes more sides more difficult, but that's not the point.

The point is that if you go over mic and criticize players that they're only winning because of their ping, or just be generally rude about it, then it's not ok. It doesn't matter if it's fair or not, just don't be rude about it. I personally don't like fighting high ping, but it's not the players fault.

Obviously though, if the player is being cocky about winning and all, then that's a whole different issue, but I've just seen different players criticize people because of ping, when they aren't even acting cocky about it.

Did talk with Zeke about this already though, and I think it's not really as big of an issue before. Not against him getting moderator, but glad that the issue was brought up regardless. It's better for people to bring up their issues they have with the person getting mod instead of not saying anything, and it still continuing to be an issue later on if they end up getting the position.

Tl;dr, was a problem before, think he could do fine with the job as long as those things don't persist.

Thanks for getting to an understanding.

Zeke, im not against you becoming a moderator either and you'd understand more from this. I know you'd had some problems with your actions that can lead you to being rude and especially against ping players which is your problem but in general you're a nice person. My opinion for you becoming a moderator is a yes and no.

Edited by ThunderRunner

I want to recommend Eleanora for moderator position. http://steamcommunity.com/id/ellievix

She's been around for probably over a year now and plays pretty much regularly, is also known and recognized by people from the server and helps enforce the rules or gets someone in case help is needed. Also isn't afraid to enforce said rules over mic which is always a plus since some people don't pay attention to chat at all.

So in my opinion, she could make a great addition to the staff team.

I would highly recommend this as well. Eleanora, if she wants the position, seems to be the best choice currently. She knows the rules, and can enforce them in a manner that avoids altercations and settles disputes without unnecessary issues. She has been with us for a long time, and I have not noted a single instance where she wasn't a genuinely good willed person, and I think that's very important to have in a position of authority.

4 people like this

(It is highly generous and sweet to see people having faith in me, believing I'd be great for a moderator position. Don't forget that. I very much appreciate it as I read both judgments.)

I personally believe that I wouldn't be a good moderator. I have since talked to a couple players who made it known to me that this would be suggested here on the forums. I have told them why I feel I wouldn't be good for the job; some could argue it's little/petty things that aren't as bad as I make them out to be. But still:

-I get annoyed very easily; I may not voice it over mic, but rather I tend to let my salty attitude flow through chat (not all the time. I view it more so as the little things that are repeated; worry that it'll build up over time). Little things could set me off, and that troubles me in the sense I fear I'd be too harsh with other players. Having a sense of authority as a moderator is fine, but I worry that it could lead to other negative things. (As such if I were to even be offered a position, I'm worried that my potential irritation could get the better of me) It'd be something I definitely have to control and manage utmost, diving my time between not talking for a bit, going into spectate, or perhaps leaving the server for a bit. 

-My time on VSP is not as active as I once was. For one, I am still in school - and in light how quite poor I did this semester, I will be quite busy next semester and fear I won't have time to come on regularly to moderate the servers. Along with it, a majority of my time has been spent on another game, something that I like to call "the abyss." A game I struggle to pull away from. I get it's normal for other staff members to be focused on other games. And of course that's more than fine ^^ 

Whether I get the position or not is up to Simple or Raini of course. It's humbling and awfully sweet to see myself nominated from the community. But those are two things I would like those that need to know, keep in mind. Because I fear those would be hindrances in my eyes. Offered or not, I will still be a player that comes on to enjoy the game mode with friends  :heart:

(Andthatismyresponsetothenomination;moresojustbeinghonestaboutmyself)

2 people like this

I'll name:

Capo do Val

http://steamcommunity.com/id/CapoDoVal

reasons:

* It is very helpful, is online on the European server very often

* Unlike others admin\Moderators I know, would not do favoritism to friends or other admin \ moderators, cuz it happens very often on the European Server, and is really boring seeing some players don't playing the game while everyone else must do it do don't get kick\ban.

3 people like this

I would like to suggest Strew (http://steamcommunity.com/id/Strew/) As moderator. He comes on often and just plays, but never have i seen him break rules. Also he is well respected due to his skills as a player. People listen to him. So he'd be a valuable addition to the law...ble!....I mean force.

ps. I AM THE LAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Edited by imGummy
1 person likes this

I would like to suggest Strew (http://steamcommunity.com/id/Strew/) As moderator. He comes on often and just plays, but never have i seen him break rules. Also he is well respected due to his skills as a player. People listen to him. So he'd be a valuable addition to the law...ble!....I mean force.

ps. I AM THE LAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I, too, support this. Strew has been with us for a really long time. I don't know if there have been previous suggestions, but I do know that Strew would make an excellent moderator. In my experience he has never been over zealous in any action, and has a very well defined sense of stability and judgement. Knowing the rules is only a small part of what Strew is capable of.

I want to recommend ♪Fluffu for moderator position in the EU Server.  http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198031990476/

He has been around the vsp servers for pretty long and is pretty much daylie on the server. Most People on the server know and like him and he sure understands fun and likes to be around with the people in the server. But he can be serious too, knows the rules and respects them and if needed he can and will inform a player in need with the needed information or he informs the player that he or she is doing something wrong, such as rule breaking or so on. He even informs an admin if the rule breaking is unacceptable.

So in my opinion Fluffu is a good sugestion as moderator.

3 people like this

Due to the fact that I was just made aware that new staff have been added to the other servers, if I am allowed, I would like to recommend a Moderator. 

Name: Mix

Profile ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/MixaBowl/

Honestly after all the time that I have been solo staffing, I have actually found someone who takes their own time to enforce the rules with me, and even that ask if I ever need help. They know the rules extremely well and report to me while I am not on. If anyone is qualified for Moderator on the Funbox community it, in my opinion, would be Mix. I'd really appreciate it if he got it because the extra help would defiantly take a load off my plate on the traffic that server gets.

I too think that Mix would be a great mod for the funbox. He is a pretty funny guy, who knows when to joke around and when to be serious. He also reports to me and Bird pope a lot with screenshots to provide.

If only there were a bit more active mods/admins on the Ponyville EU server.... The times I've seen people being friendly is getting out of hand..

I Highly Recommend Eruedraith as the Mod.And here Few Reasons why.

1. Playing like 2-4 Hours 
  2. Didn`t Broke rules once.And Keeping others to do so
  3. Really good with community.Didnt Insult anyone  and never seen him shit talking stuff.

Here His Steam Link : http://steamcommunity.com/id/Eruedraith-Thunderfury

P.S.:  Trust me he is a good guy and worth it.

3 people like this

I would also like to nominate Eruedraith for the mod on the EU server...

He really is a nice guy, plays regularly, knows to maintain balance and can sit thru my bad jokes (im kinda sorry)...

But yeah, all in all I most definitely recommend him.

P. S: MENTEL2, I laughed too much on your profile picture xD

Edited by Ranbo Darsh

I want to recommend ღ๖ۣۜFireHueღ for mod on the EU server.

ღ๖ۣۜFireHueღ Profile ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/JustHueHue/

Becuase the people knows him around the eu server, he plays most of the times on the server and he knows very well the rules.

P.S.: also i think he can be a really good mod.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, k2johnleo said:

I want to recommend ღ๖ۣۜFireHueღ for mod on the EU server.

ღ๖ۣۜFireHueღ Profile ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/JustHueHue/

Becuase the people knows him around the eu server, he plays most of the times on the server and he knows very well the rules.

P.S.: also i think he can be a really good mod.

Aside from that I've seen him at times being friendly with his friends on the server.

As I've seen when a friend plays the boss or the other way, he choose to not fight them (which can be pretended to be).

He got banned once for that. http://bans.ponyville.net/index.php?p=banlist&advSearch=fire%20hue&advType=name

3 people like this