Rainy

[Staff] Moderators - Explanations and Applications

654 posts in this topic

There's an issue with moderator commands right now; Vote mutes and silences are not performing as intended: They seem to end within a round (sometimes on round change). I'm not sure about other commands as of now, but these two are not reaching their intended durations.

Anybody who could look into this I would love forever (in a friendly way).

"Friendly" is not a word best viewed in VSP.

At least to 90% of the people. The last 9% don't care, and 1% are trying to be friendly.

But yeah, took four votes until the mute lasted the full map duration; Then took another two the next map. It's weird how it was happening though, seemingly muting them, but providing random points where they were allowed to speak through their mute.

Have you tried contacting people like ShadowPod?  I mean Video would be the go to person but ever since he left for vacation things have been out of order since then.

There's an issue with moderator commands right now; Vote mutes and silences are not performing as intended: They seem to end within a round (sometimes on round change). I'm not sure about other commands as of now, but these two are not reaching their intended durations.

That I noticed at the time, I remember you were having a little trouble dealing with the 'Saturday/Sunday Squeakers' in the texas server.

That I noticed at the time, I remember you were having a little trouble dealing with the 'Saturday/Sunday Squeakers' in the texas server.

Don't you mean Summer Squeakers?

1 person likes this

Mod updates!

People I think should become mods:

Dr. Sauce: British Medic

http://steamcommunit...61198048317545/
Mr Kumar
http://steamcommunit...d/the_mr_kumar/

Rollcall!

This is going to be a rollcall for ALL ACTIVE MODS. This is because I have noticed a significant drop in recent mod activity, and I assume that some of them should be replaced. If you know a mod, or have a mod added, tell them that there is a rollcall for active mods. If they say they're active, they're not, unless they say they're going to become active.

Currently active mods I've seen:

-Overdose

-Gummy

-Ender (Using alt as he recovers stolen account)

Get the mod to post THEMSELVES here, since you can easily log in through steam to make a post (if they don't have an account already). The people above I have personally seen, with the exception of Ender who is unable to access his account to post here. (He has been online on his alternate account)

Totally not here.

I've counted 4 I think. Does Jug count as a mod and/or an admin and/or developer?

I don't even.

Also, here's more people to consider

Crusty Skunk

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198042499768/

PB&J Commando

http://steamcommunity.com/id/pbandjcommando/

Talk to them first - They may not know... yet.

Note: Both Crusty and Sauce are in British time zone, so they'll be able to watch the server during different hours than most mods, if either/both do get mod positions.

Edited by OverDose

We should also make it so all Admins + Moderators have each other on friends list, specially if you need to get ahold of an admin. (even though I can say that Im usually online but don't a good amount of messages I get. either occupied or doing something else atm)

1 person likes this

I think mod bans kicks mutes should be without votes btw and bans should least last long enough to discuss it.

I also would suggest that mods are required to fill in a detailed report of people they ban or mute for example so it could be discussed to extend a ban or a mute if neccesary.

making a detailed report a must makes it less abuseable but tbh i think this should be done eitherway at all times by mods.

as for votekick voteban with votes could be for trail mods only to see if they can be trusted and make a good mod.

Anyway this is only suggestion, most mods or admins if seen take action quite swiftly, or either it was't neccesary cous warning the person was enough.

Their also should be a log to see if people are posting reports or not.

Edited by Arokhantos™

I think mod bans kicks mutes should be without votes btw and bans should least last long enough to discuss it.

I also would suggest that mods are required to fill in a detailed report of people they ban or mute for example so it could be discussed to extend a ban or a mute if neccesary.

making a detailed report a must makes it less abuseable but tbh i think this should be done eitherway at all times by mods.

as for votekick voteban with votes could be for trail mods only to see if they can be trusted and make a good mod.

Anyway this is only suggestion, most mods or admins if seen take action quite swiftly, or either it was't neccesary cous warning the person was enough.

Like a Secretary?

Like a Secretary?

Kindy like just keeping own log of actions you take on people.

I've Been Getting complaints that there have been large amounts of friendly/squeaky players during "English Times". Though I tried to get up early enough, my presence seemed to dissuade the friendly's. Unfortunately, When I decide to sleep in they tend to come back ( On report ). I'm not sure but this could be the cause of people spamming the report function on friendly. Again ( on report ). So, In conclusion I would like to Suggest "Crusty Skunk" as Moderator for this time or times. He has proven to be a responsible and respected member of the VSP community. Plus he lives in I timezone void of moderators.

Thank you that is all.^^ 

Go on with what Gummy said about people breaking rules during EU time i have stayed up to watch both Texas and Fun box and see what people are complaining about it there are a lot of people breaking rules and i give many warning but all them get ignored and when i take action some votes fail cause majority say no and theirs nothing i can do about it.

Edited by Ender

We really do need a Moderator for EU time. The numbers of friendlies, spammers and exploiters is really starting rise.

At EU times its often like 4 5 players being friendly a votekick or ban is ineffective then because people mostly don't seem to care at that time also about friendlies or anything at all.

fdvqj9.png

Steam screenshots from steam community link player in screenshot btw on profile.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=173048267

#   4203 "Mea More Cadence[smash]" STEAM_0:1:55283033 06:43   97    0 active

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198070831795

Think people now just being friendly cous pisses people off aka to troll around.

Warning people seems rather pointless so maybe just start banning people without warning during EU times but ofcourse thats not up to me.

Edited by Arokhantos™

Those EU mods. How are they working out?

And those frequently active mods that totally didn't move to another server so we totally shouldn't get replacements, I hear they're doing a great job. Nothing about being a hypocrite or anything here.

Why is it that these issues haven't even been acknowledged yet? So far I've only seen minor changes to rages and a donor fix (speaking of donor is completely broken right now) yet the problems in EU times persist?

This is getting frustrating for me especially, getting on late at night to deal with these problems. People aren't even responding to the messages I'm sending them about this, comon guys!

I might have to do something big soon. Not necessarily bad, just big.

I think fear is best way to control things during EU times that way people actualy listen to mods.

aka just have deal with few heavy rule breakers and ban them for a week least a month if they already broke rules many times before i guess.

I know people keep nagging about getting EU mods, but for the love of tea and all that is holy, we NEED EU mods. The problems at the time get extremely annoying to the point where a lot of people leave. I know that that i would be up to it and so would a few others. It would let people in the EU come home from a hard day of work or school and not have to deal with friendlies, exploiters and just general mean people. Seriously, it gives some people a bad idea about the server.

Again, sorry for nagging and complaining. I just do it because i care about this server too much to let these sort of things happen. 

I know people keep nagging about getting EU mods, but for the love of tea and all that is holy, we NEED EU mods. The problems at the time get extremely annoying to the point where a lot of people leave. I know that that i would be up to it and so would a few others. It would let people in the EU come home from a hard day of work or school and not have to deal with friendlies, exploiters and just general mean people. Seriously, it gives some people a bad idea about the server.

Again, sorry for nagging and complaining. I just do it because i care about this server too much to let these sort of things happen. 

TBH crusty their have been lot more activity lately and server problems with server, not to mention the anti friendly system will at some point be tweaked probably to deal with friendlies.

So that leaves only dealing with mic spammers which less of a problem as can manuely mute anyway or give donaters votemute ability.

or actual trolls and people with bad spray's which i rarely see ever.

If their need to be extra mods i would sugest skeith due previous moderator experience, he's from america but he's usualy always online during EU times due he's job i believe.

Edited by Arokhantos™

TBH crusty their have been lot more activity lately and server problems with server, not to mention the anti friendly system will at some point be tweaked probably to deal with friendlies.

Yeah they have, but it does not cover the odd unpleasent person that comes on and likes to micspam, make others feel bad and such. Not to mention i still see the odd few people that like to try their best to exploit. 

P.S: i am the 100th reply! yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....

Edited by Crusty Skunk

Yeah they have, but it does not cover the odd unpleasent person that comes on and likes to micspam, make others feel bad and such. Not to mention i still see the odd few people that like to try their best to exploit. 

Then record when it happends take the steam id and post video + steam id this easy'st way to deal with these people.

eventualy they get perm mute for repeatly breaking rules.

You probably would need to eitherway even if you became moderator because during EU times people usualy vote no all the time.

bat outa hell and freedom staff won't be returning either from what i understood so banable spots aren't issue anymore either.

Edited by Arokhantos™