Rainy

[Staff] Moderators - Explanations and Applications

654 posts in this topic

Eh, you say they aren't an issue, but trust me. People used to always find a way to a spot before they was even added, the staff and bat outta hell just made exploiter's lives easier. Mods are always needed no matter how well the server is automated.

I've been notified by a moderator who has been unable to access the sm_votekick command.

I would like to ask if any other mods have been having this problem recently, this way we can correct the problem as soon as possible if it is shared by multiple mods.

EDIT: I've received word from a second moderator that they were unable to access their powers at all. Notify me if needed so everything can be corrected!

How Do I Suggest A Moderator?

If you want to see a user become a Moderator, post their name, SteamID, and a link to their Steam profile here. Include a brief description about what you believe would make them a good Moderator, such as their history within the community, how active they are on X servers, etc. and we will consider your proposal. Please do not submit yourself to this thread. Since this is a community position (relying on community votes for an action to be taken), we would prefer to see users nominated by the community.

1 person likes this

I Would Like Recommend The Great and Power Steel (http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198095099076) to be a Moderator...this is because he is active during EST and seems to get along with every pony... i know this because we have hung out on PoniPoniPoni....

You say that the person is active, however I have yet to see the person myself.  Plus, you are talking about Poni3, which is a totally different community than Ponyville.  Regardless if he is active in Poni3, how long has he been with the Ponyville community and what can he bring to the table?

I Would Like Recommend The Great and Power Steel (http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198095099076) to be a Moderator...this is because he is active during EST and seems to get along with every pony... i know this because we have hung out on PoniPoniPoni....

You say that the person is active, however I have yet to see the person myself.  Plus, you are talking about Poni3, which is a totally different community than Ponyville.  Regardless if he is active in Poni3, how long has he been with the Ponyville community and what can he bring to the table?

I'm on till 2:30 then i have things to do..you probably come on after that..and im pretty active on Ponyville..but i do go to Pon Poni Poni when the mood strikes me.

Edited by TheGreatAndPowerful Steel

More or less, i'd agree with the post above.

I've known Steel for a while now. He's active from like 6:30 AM to 2:30 PM eastern NY time or so every day, unless it's on the weekend. Since this is about him, I might as well recommend him for a Moderator. (http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198095099076)

He's been kind to just about everyone really, and respects the rules quite a bit. He loves the staff, respects the rules all the time from what I see, and hates for anyone to disobey them either.

I've seen him try his best to keep servers clean, especially ones that aren't from Ponyville (as mentioned above) and really has a fun time chatting with other people rather then do anything mean to them. Sure he brags a bit like his win streak, but i'd say he still cares about everyone.

Seems a bit odd coming out of the blue like this, but I've found out about this and decided to recommend him from my own word. We're amazing friends when it comes down to relation, and from seeing his actions I would think he would be suited for this.

Just coming from me :3

-Moon

1 person likes this

From the looks of it, Steel, you've only been here since late June, so you must have done something to DRASTICALLY win everyone over.  Otherwise, I am not recommending TheGreatAndPowerful Steel for Moderator powers.

I personally believe the nominated person should be nominated by another mod/admin or have been around for at least 1 year and earned respect of the players (at least 60% of all the gamers of the server) before even having the rights to be nominated by a non mod/admin

While we are on the subject of long time player i nominate The Mr. Kumar because he has an outstanding record with the servers and is well known which would make him a good choice for moderator status

profile url: http://steamcommunity.com/id/the_mr_kumar/

1 person likes this

I'm on till 2:30 then i have things to do..you probably come on after that..and im pretty active on Ponyville..but i do go to Pon Poni Poni when the mood strikes me.

Yeeeaaaah, I'm going to decline this nomination right now since both posters share the same IP address. That's a bit fishy.

However I would like to +1 for Kumar. He's shown he can manage himself, and comes to me when in need of help to have bans placed if the moderators are unavailable.

Back to my earlier posts, going to discuss with Raini the list of mods I have so far that are unable to use commands.

1 person likes this

Yeeeaaaah, I'm going to decline this nomination right now since both posters share the same IP address. That's a bit fishy.

However I would like to +1 for Kumar. He's shown he can manage himself, and comes to me when in need of help to have bans placed if the moderators are unavailable.

Back to my earlier posts, going to discuss with Raini the list of mods I have so far that are unable to use commands.

That's cuz that's my bro.That's fine if you take his nomination away and i don't create alt's..i would be hurt if your calling Boy Friend Moon Wave an alt..shame on you.Yea,i'm bi...i had this happen on another site and was a real pain to clear up.That's why we have the same IP..Plz don't make me go through that hell again.so plz reconsider taking me out as a candidate just cuz iv'e only been on this site for a few month's..i have been here longer than just a few.at least on other sites..like this one.

http://mlpforums.com/user/13828-tgap-steel-crescent/

Even though it ain't much longer..but that choice is up to the people of this site.

Edited by TheGreatAndPowerful Steel

Actually, Steel is right on that one. Solaris is Squishy, which shares the same IP as Steel since they live together in the same house, same computer, same internet. I believe they're brother/brother if I can remember~

Also, I wouldn't know why he gave away the fact that i'm his boyfriend since it's a little unrelated, but yeah it's pretty much true :3

I might as well edit this in to say the least, but please excuse Steel for some parts. He is loving, and does care for the server to be maintained and in order. His grammar needs a slight bit of work yes, but i'd at least give him a chance to do this.

A year is a bit much for a wait, but even so everyone has their different limit sets for how they roll. Maybe you could always test something out for a bit, see how it works and all. I've seen other servers for different games purposely let the limit be around a month or so just to test people to see if they're right or not. That being said though, it was a minecraft server and not a TF2 server plus like I stated before, every admin/owner has different standards.

I'm sure letting him try out is worth a shot. It doesn't kill me if he doesn't get Moderator straight away though, since I've known the feeling of trying to get it before for around 9 or so months.

Edited by Moon Wave
1 person likes this

Actually, Steel is right on that one. Solaris is Squishy, which shares the same IP as Steel since they live together in the same house, same computer, same internet. I believe they're brother/brother if I can remember~

Also, I wouldn't know why he gave away the fact that i'm his boyfriend since it's a little unrelated, but yeah it's pretty much true :3

I might as well edit this in to say the least, but please excuse Steel for some parts. He is loving, and does care for the server to be maintained and in order. His grammar needs a slight bit of work yes, but i'd at least give him a chance to do this.

A year is a bit much for a wait, but even so everyone has their different limit sets for how they roll. Maybe you could always test something out for a bit, see how it works and all. I've seen other servers for different games purposely let the limit be around a month or so just to test people to see if they're right or not. That being said though, it was a minecraft server and not a TF2 server plus like I stated before, every admin/owner has different standards.

I'm sure letting him try out is worth a shot. It doesn't kill me if he doesn't get Moderator straight away though, since I've known the feeling of trying to get it before for around 9 or so months.

That's cuz that's my bro.That's fine if you take his nomination away and i don't create alt's..i would be hurt if your calling Boy Friend Moon Wave an alt..shame on you.Yea,i'm bi...i had this happen on another site and was a real pain to clear up.That's why we have the same IP..Plz don't make me go through that hell again.so plz reconsider taking me out as a candidate just cuz iv'e only been on this site for a few month's..i have been here longer than just a few.at least on other sites..like this one.

http://mlpforums.com/user/13828-tgap-steel-crescent/

Even though it ain't much longer..but that choice is up to the people of this site.

I'm not saying they aren't two separate people. I'm just saying the same IP is a little suspicious. Nothing bad will happen for it, just less likely for us to accept the nomination.

If other players want to come forward and nominate you / support the nomination, that's perfectly fine. It's just that the same IP could make it look like he tried nominating himself using two accounts. It just looks silly, that's all.

Gimpy

id: STEAM_0:1:17486791

http://steamcommunity.com/id/gimpyprime/

*plays on the funbox ponyville server for hours, so he can cover for gaps between admins easily.

*He has tons of experience within the server, and has been playing for a long while

*He Is highly respected throughout the server, and most everyone knows him

*Has been known to occassionally help out with the kicking/banning of some people.

Gimpytron

STEAM_0:1:17486791

http://steamcommunity.com/id/gimpyprime

-understands and utilizes the rules

-online usually when admins or other mods are not

-has 2 years experience as a balance mod for PF2

-a really friendly person but strict

-has a keen eye for exploiters, hackers

-tends to give out items if he can(various reasons)

-coachs people in various fields(such as how to rocket jump or how to use a pony boss)

-due to keen sense for rules he often warns people if they are breaking them

-spends about 2-5 hours online on the vsp texas server and funbox server

-well known within said servers and respected within them(various reasons)

Edited by Pawsia

I was thinking in the lines of how long he has been with the Community.

Edited by The_Mr_Kumar

*Points at Kumar* Why isn't Kumar a mod!?

I mean, he's one of the most active people and has to be the most helpfull member in the community.