Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SanogonoGaming

Appeal for mutes/gags/etc

3 posts in this topic

I am going to simply help this server thread section by adding in this Mute/Gag appeal thread, seeing as this section of the forum lacks one. I could not find the time that you are muted/gagged, so if a moderator can clarify this or post a link on the main page of the site, that would be helpful to others. I am mostly here to get an appeal for my own muting/gagging, though I just made the thread for other people.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

Today, I was playing on the Texas server. I was watching the new Twilight Alicorn episode while playing, and afterward someone on voice chat asked what was the general plot of the episode. In the chat, I typed a summary of the episode. This made the moderators angry and they claimed that it was against the server rules to post spoilers. They muted and gagged me. I just looked at the server rules on the main page of this site and there was nothing said about saying spoilers. I know that it likely was not a good idea to post them, and I know not to post them now. In fact, I think that they could've got me for the rule on belligerence, though I have no idea when my muting/gagging is stopped, nor have I gotten angry. If someone may clarify the general rules regarding muting and gagging, that would be great. Use this thread to post your own appeals for these situations.

Well ok, but that doesn't answer the actual standards by which muting and gagging such as for how long, severity, etc.Also, that doesn't answer if I have been unmuted.

It kind of goes without saying that you do not spoil episodes before they have aired, or upon the date of airing. That isn't a rule -- it is basic courtesy. Even if it was just an error in judgement on your part, the damage was already done, so an action was taken by a Moderator. There isn't need for much more explanation than that. Mute/Gag/Silence is temporary, so there isn't much need for an appeal thread like this.