fortydageekist

Anime turned Live Action Movies

34 posts in this topic

With the downfall of the Akira movie (thank god), I was thinking what anime could make a good live action film if the budget was right, a solid director and cast was chosen?

Mine would be Ghost in the Shell, maybe Tony Gilroy (writer) & Paul Greengrass (director) (The Bourne series) or Christopher Nolan (director) (Batman Begins, Dark Knight, Inception). I couldn't even being to think of a cast, maybe I'll edit later with ideas.

But what animes could you see as live action?

there is some things there will not be done.... and one of them anime becomes movie because everyone thinks anime is silly cartoon and they dont change untill you show it is not and in movie you are tied too some things and anime is not soo.... and i really dont wan tto see a movie based on anime because it will be like alisa n woderland or some shit so no way i am watching that shit :P

I've been watching Full Metal Panic recently. That seems like it'd make a decent live action film. Course, I could be dead wrong. But it seems like it'd work.

Elfen Lied......

LOLNO

Elfen Lied could work, give that to Quentin Tarantino, you know his down for the strange and bloody stuff or James McTeigue (Ninja Assassin).

I've been watching Full Metal Panic recently. That seems like it'd make a decent live action film. Course, I could be dead wrong. But it seems like it'd work.

Louis Leterrier (The Incredible Hulk, Transporter 2) with a good writer....maybe Len Wiseman (Hawaii Five-0 (TV), Underworld: Rise of the Lycans) or Len could do it all.

KissxSis would be interesting to see.

Although Im pretty sure it would be frowned upon.

1 person likes this

With the downfall of the Akira movie (thank god), I was thinking what anime could make a good live action film if the budget was right, a solid director and cast was chosen?

Mine would be Ghost in the Shell, maybe Tony Gilroy (writer) & Paul Greengrass (director) (The Bourne series) or Christopher Nolan (director) (Batman Begins, Dark Knight, Inception). I couldn't even being to think of a cast, maybe I'll edit later with ideas.

I would like to see Ghost inthe Shell as a live action movie.

Would be interesting to see how they did it.

KissxSis would be interesting to see.

Although Im pretty sure it would be frowned upon.

Come on now....anime is one thing but I highly doubt that would make something like that into a live action movie....the Japanese are bold but not that bold and the U.S. film makers are nowhere near that crazy.

I would like to see Ghost inthe Shell as a live action movie.

Would be interesting to see how they did it.

Yeah, that's the one I could clearly see being made but at the same time I can clearly see them fucking it up too. I guess it would have to depend on which Ghost in the Shell, the classic movie or the TV series.

Death note had a pretty decent live action adaptation... they're apparently doing an American version now.

Not to mention the director sounds like he knows what he's doing...

"It's my favorite manga, I was just struck by its unique and brilliant sensibility," Black said. "What we want to do is take it back to that manga, and make it closer to what is so complex and truthful about the spirituality of the story, versus taking the concept and trying to copy it as an American thriller"
Edited by Jackald

I do not believe in turning Animes or Mangas into live action. I will leave it at that.

1 person likes this

I would love to see Kino's Journey get alive action version, but I'm pretty much sure it never will. It's too much of a niche anime. It's unfortunate, because it's a really good series.

I heard they're doing a Cowboy Bebop, just hope they don't screw it up. Love to see Ranma 1/2 as a show, but there's elements to that that just won't fly for an American audience of the demographic they'd want for that show.

NO 95 percent of anime should never be turned into a live action movie. It just can't be done, it starts off as an anime for a reason, they are almost never 100% realistic. Now I understand visual effects can be done, but it's never really done perfectly. Maybe if there was a big budget and a major director it would turn out well, but that probably won't happen except maybe a few times here and there.

Lucky Star would make an amazing live action kids' comedy. Move over, Disney and Nickelodeon!

No matter how much I love lucky star and how konata is my number 1 favorite character of all time, it wouldn't turn out well as a live action movie.

NO 95 percent of anime should never be turned into a live action movie. It just can't be done, it starts off as an anime for a reason, they are almost never 100% realistic. Now I understand visual effects can be done, but it's never really done perfectly. Maybe if there was a big budget and a major director it would turn out well, but that probably won't happen except maybe a few times here and there.

No matter how much I love lucky star and how konata is my number 1 favorite character of all time, it wouldn't turn out well as a live action movie.

Agreed (except I prefer Kagami =P). Look at what happened to Dragon Ball Z. Dragon Ball Evolution sucked dragon balls.

I would challenge some really great special effect pros in the industry, to try and make FLCL x] jk

Hmm, well maybe a Neon Genesis Evangelion live action movie? If done right as a trilogy or something...Shinji (Darren Criss or Daniel Radcliffe), Rei (Emily Browning), Asuka (Julianne Hough), Gendo Akari (Liam Neeson), Ryoji Kaji (Josh Duhamel)and Misato (Colby Smulders)...not perfect and just did it on the spot, but I think it could work, if done right...(who's a good apocoliptic movie director? lol)

Cowboy Bebop. Other than Spike's old flame and the whole mafia biz, the film would work well as a stand alone movie, and a sequel.

Movie One: Spike and the gang all meet up and go on wacky bount hunts.

Movie Two can be Spike's past and present concerning the Red Dragons, ending as the series did. With Spike mostly not not necessarily dead. I would list as a spoiler, but the series is fourteen years old and a fan favorite among anime fans. You have no excuse to not have seen it.

Edited by WeirdRaptor

ahh yeah I would LOVE a cowboy bebop movie, definitely best anime of all time, but I'm too scared they'd fuck it up...But if they made another anime film going into more detail of spike's past & present with the Red Dragons, that would be SIIIICK!!!!!

I don't think Cowboy Bebop would be too difficult to get right for Hollywood with the right people. I think if they let Ridley Scott direct it and get together some of the team he had for Blade Runner, it'd be just fine.

1 person likes this

true, and good choice, but idk it's not like our ideal people are always chosen...anyone even see the premiere of anime turned real life movies...like even the trailer for the Dragonball movie? ...sad...sad times...

I heard they're doing a Cowboy Bebop, just hope they don't screw it up.

Keanu Reeves will be playing the role of Spike.

keanu+Reeves+Live+Action+Cowboy+Bebop.jpg

Needless to say, my hopes aren't set exceptionally high for this one.

eeesh, that's photoshopped...riiiight? 0_0' ....also I know it's not anime, but it wanted to be ish...I think if DC made an epic version of the Teen Titans, the Terra arc from the show would be cool. Then again I love the whole girl with overwhelming powers/emotions n betrayal/redemtion stories...heh ^^'