LOL

Ponyville: Do You Shoot?

Ponyville: Do You Shoot?   39 members have voted

1. 1. Do you shoot?

• Yes, often
    • Yes, rarely
    • No, but I'd shoot if given the chance
    • No, I don't plan on shooting.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

37 posts in this topic

That's one way to skin a cat...err... Hugh.

Edited by Prince Gumball

Russian guns are my forte. Saiga, SVD tiger, makarovs, all of that! They make good stuff.

THIS

There's something about Russian guns that I just love. I have a WWII era Russian mosin nagant. 

Russian guns are my forte. Saiga, SVD tiger, makarovs, all of that! They make good stuff.

THIS

There's something about Russian guns that I just love. I have a WWII era Russian mosin nagant. 

Hehe... Such refined tastes... I would like to get a Mosin-Nagant too, I just think they're really beautiful guns... I heard that the iron sights on them can be garbage though...

Also, fun fact, most Mosin-Nagants available today are from WWII... After WWII, there was such a surplus of these rifles that many of them were gathered and then stockpiled...

I don't shoot, but I answered yes because I have a rifle...only reason I don't shoot is because I don't get the chances.

Figure this one out...I live out in the woods, in a redneck town were firearms are prevalent  often heard and no one worries when they hear guns..but I don't get an often chance to shoot. Weird, huh?

one time a friend pointed a loaded but jammed gun at my dick

fun times

edit: i would like to clarify i was at a shooting range and i had my clothes on

Would of made a great first time story.

Well...I answered No, but there may have been one time I fired a rifle at a summer camp. I'm actually not even sure if it was more of an air rifle or something.

That said, I have this weird respect for shotguns. They're big and unwieldy, so they're not something people can hide (for malicious use). They're intimidating, so they tend to end fights without a shot (there was one story about a policeman, knowing that the suspect was closeby, and not wanting to have to shoot him - just pumped his shotgun (wasting a shell) to let him know he was there and scare him into coming out.) They have all different kinds of ammunition, several of which are less likely to injure someone. They have low penetration, so that if you're aiming at a house robber, your bullet isn't going to miss, go across the street, through two walls, and kill an old lady. Finally, they're no sniper rifles, but they're a bit more accurate than some people give them credit for. Games tend to depict them as only working when you're in the same small room as someone.

Wow, I'm honestly surprised at the answers to this topic, not that that's a bad thing. I guess I just grew up differently. I have quite a gun collection that I've gathered over the years but I guess I can see it from both viewpoints. I am against many people toting guns and support a tougher "certification" process for potential gun owners but I am not against guns either. Nor do I believe in forcing my viewpoint on others or expect people to agree with me. Most of my gun owning friends are intelligent, sensible people who were raised similar to myself. I was raised early knowing about guns and learning to use them, but also to fear them as a dangerous tool in the wrong hands. I learned preliminary weapons safety from my dad and the military ironed out the bad habits and replaced them with good ones. I believe passionately in my second amendment right and the old adage is true that freedom has a different taste for those who fought for it. I would die fighting if someone tried to take away my right and tools to protect myself and my family. It's like someone trying to chop off your arms and then send you out into a fistfight. "An armed society is a polite society" is also true in my book. I know there is a lot going on in the world that makes guns and their owners look bad. I've been overseas where 7 year old kids run around with AK-47's and suicide vests. We have those idiots running around shooting up schools and churches and murdering innocent people in our country. The reality is (At least how I see it), is there are always people out there that'll give you a bad name. It's very similar to the perception of bronies by the general populace. Howard Stern and the media have not exactly given our group a good reputation. I've had many negative stereotypes given to me when I came out about watching MLP in the Army. I apologize if I'm rambling but I guess my point is: I fully support your right to not own/shoot guns. I have no issue with people who fear guns or have a bad perception of them and their owners. Like I said, most of my pro-gun friends are some of the most sensible, intelligent, and friendly people you'll meet. It's those few idiots running around that give us a bad name. I agree very much with CPL P that it takes quite a different type of bravery to point a gun at another person. I'm not talking about holding someone up at gunpoint or shooting at schoolchildren, I'm talking about firing at someone in self defense who is sworn to kill you in any way possible. When you face death, you'd be quite surprised at what you're willing to do. Many times it can be difficult to live with afterwards. That's a whole different ball game that all too many good people have to deal with unfortunately.

1 person likes this

Not really, mainly because the closest range I can think of is in Southern Indiana.

They wanted to make one here but the city council threw a fit when they were trying to re-zone an old building for a gun range.