Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DerpyToaster

Um... Well then

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys, just wanted to introduce myself, I'm DerpyToaster. I used to be a real heavy poster on the forums but recently lagged off. Now I'm back under a different name. Well. I've got a bit of a dilemma here. Recently I proposed to my girlfriend, I love her to death and she loves me back and she accepted. Soon after that we had sex and like two unthinking teenagers it was unprotected in the beginning, then I put the condom on. Well its a week later and she just told me she needed to talk to me about something but she would bring it up later. At first I was worried she wanted to break off the engagement but she assured me it wasn't that, she still loved me and still wanted to get married. So I kinda stopped thinking about it. Then all of a sudden I got this horrible thought. What if shes pregnant?? It would make sense. Does any one have any experience with this sort of thing? Or any advice?? I'm 19 leaving for Marine Corp Recruit Depot Paris Island South Carolina in about 3 months and I'm kind of worried. I love her to death and we're both against abortion so if she is pregnant we are going to keep it. Like I said if anyone has any advice please feel free to share. 

Thanks very much. 

I'm just gonna treat this seriously even if this is some lame troll attempt. I don't really know you so I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt.

Plainly speaking, the chance that she is pregnant is low for a variety of reasons, provided you are being truthful about utilizing a condom prior to climaxing.

A ) Even completely unprotected sex does not have a 100% chance of a resulting pregnancy.

B ) http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_pre-cum  While pre-cum can contain sperm, it does not contain very much. It is, however, likely that she got some pre-cum in there.

C ) If you put the condom on before ejaculation occurred, this very nearly eliminates the chances that she can get pregnant.

------

A note if she IS pregnant : get a DNA test. Why? Before I proceed understand I am not calling into question your girlfriend/fiance's fidelity. Now then.

If she's pregnant, and if you two have in fact been practicing safe sex regularly, it is very possible she has been practicing unprotected sex with somebody else. I'm not making any accusations nor suggesting you become suspicious about her. I'm just saying, if she IS pregnant, that's very suspicious based upon what you've divulged in this topic.

The point is, if she really is pregnant, that's weird if you're telling the whole story with your original post. Baby might not be yours.

Also, while abortion may not be an option for you, consider adoption in such a situation where you can find a loving family for the hypothetical child in a situation where either or both of the two of you are realistically going to be unable to be good parents. As in, if you don't have the money, maturity, and/or ability to take care of a child. There is no shame in doing this because what's best for your hypothetical child is that your hypothetical child have a good home, and there are PLENTY of people out there who are ready to give a child a good home.

------

That aside aside, you probably don't have much to worry about, at least as far as you being the cause of the hypothetical pregnancy.

Edited by Dollop of Mayo
2 people like this

Actually, yes...

Confirm whether or not she is pregnant... A week after sex would not be enough time to determine if a person is pregnant or not... Commonly, it takes up to 3-4 weeks before a woman can realize that she is pregnant (after all, most pregnancy tests need a minimum of 3 weeks after impregnation to give an accurate reading), so as stated before... If you've been truthful about sexual practices and she is pregnant, it never hurts to get a paternity test to determine whether or not it is even yours, especially with you joining the service...

This isn't to insult your fiancee's honor, but let's take a page out of my family's book... My mother got pregnant during a Christmas party, told my step father it was his... My sister was born, my step father raised her as his for years... My mother divorced my step father when my sister was 5-6... When she was 12, my mother was going to let her do something (don't recall what it was, but it required joint parental consent)... When she asked my step father for permission, he said no, that he wasn't comfortable with it... My mother, pissed, ended up telling him "Well, it doesn't matter anyways, she isn't yours"... Not believing her, my step father demanded a paternity test... Sure enough, my sister was not his... On top of that, my mother knew EXACTLY who was the father (because she got him to submit a DNA sample, with the legal agreement that he was no responsible for her) and it was proven that this other guy was the father... Shortly after learning this truth, my sister stopped talking to my step father, and instead started cultivating a relationship with her biological father... Meanwhile, my step father was still responsible financially for my sister until she turned 18, even though my mother lied and told him he was the father (most states don't care who the actual father is, they just care about who is listed on the birth certificate)...

So, word of warning... It never hurts to have a paternity test, which these days...