CritFreak

ANIME

171 posts in this topic

Yeah i am really big fan of anime :P..... so yeah i want this forum has thread about Anime... yeah in about 20days here(Lithuania) will be japan/anime festival like bigest in anime and japan thingys so yeah and its only one in all year so i think they should do more things with anime because it is not silly cartoons :P and many ppl likes anime/manga and things like that.......... everything what is sed manga including too :D

I'm trying to catch up with the last two seasons of anime in Japan, I get in moods where I'll watch for months straight then boom, I wont for another few months. Tiger and Bunny is what I'm trying to finish right now, might start on the new Blood-C show that just started.

yeah i know like watching watching for 1 month and then stop for 2 months i dunno why but everyone doing that

I did a whole FMA: Brotherhood Marathon the other day. I'm in Season 3 right now. That marathon started with the last two episodes of Season 1, and I did all of Season 2, and then the first or second episode of Season 3. I love Full Metal Alchemist. It was the very first manga I read in 10th grade I believe. I know, I know, I'm a little late to the party. But I really love FMA, and the original series was a complete let down. I love the earlier episodes of the original series, but it was still horrible. Brotherhood though actually follows the manga, and that's what I love about it.

Another series I really, really like is Last Exile. Haven't seen it recently, but Steampunk is awesome.

Haven't finished FMA: Brotherhood yet, still chillin in my DVR....I think it's run on AS is done right? Re-watching Black Lagoon is in the works, need to finish Hellsing Ultimate OVA's and Broken Blade (Break Blade) as well. I'm just so far behind it's going to take some time to watch everything, even the cute stuff like Mayo Chiki! and The World God Only Knows.

I've been watching Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. The plot got me hooked, lol. It's famous for having some brutal, yet disturbingly realistic violence, psycho murders and mysteries. Currently there are 3 series of Higurashi, but there's a new one coming out soon too, I've heard.

Also...

slaughter.jpg

I love that pic. xD

Also I'm going to watch Umineko no Naku Koro ni soon too, I heard from some people that it's basically the same thing as Higurashi.

yeah, I love Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. It was creepy as hell but in a good way and the different storylines kept me coming back to see what happens next.

Apparently Netflix doesn't have Season 4 or 5 of FMA: Brotherhood to watch instantly. So I rented it. I won't get it until I send my other two movies back though, which might be awhile.

But until then, I switched back to Full Metal Panic. I'm good at starting a series, and then never really get around to finishing it...

Well, netflix was pretty quick to get season 1-3 seeing as how it was still an active series at the time. As a matter of fact, they've added a lot of anime in the last 2 months, before it didn't have much of anything....well, anything worth watching on the stream version.

There's also another anime my friend showed me, Blue Exorcist, I think. We watched the first two episodes, and it was pretty good. I don't know how new it is, but it'd be nice if Netflix added that. I just hope Netflix keeps Last Exile for streaming. I agree though, they have added a lot of anime recently. Some good, others not so good.

OH GAWD! I just checked. Air Gear is now available to watch instantly. The manga was hilarious, and I saw a few episodes online somewhere else, and it was equally hilarious. *Adds to instant queue*

And Air Gear reminded me of IGPX, which isn't available to watch instantly. Matter of fact, I think IGPX was just recently added... I don't remember seeing it a month or two ago. Well, more anime for me.

There is going anime named Kissxsis its comedy/ecchi style its realy funy but every ep. they release is more and more.... oh just watch and wait for ne wep its really funy

I've seen the DVD releases and the OVA, much Ecchi but it is a funny show.

The things they did with the teddy bear....lol

Edited by fortydageekist

Highshool of the Dead was pretty cool! =) And i like FMA:Brotherhood too! =)

I really liked the idea of Highschool of the dead.

But it had sooooo much fan service hahaha.

But i did watch it all.

But i did watch it all.

I mean come on, have you read the manga? They toned it down compared to that. lol. I forget, did the same people that made Air Gear and Tenjou Tenge make High School of the Dead?

But i did watch it all.

I mean come on, have you read the manga? They toned it down compared to that. lol. I forget, did the same people that made Air Gear and Tenjou Tenge make High School of the Dead?

Madhouse did High school of the dead i believe

and Toei did are gear. (love air gear by the way)

I need a big time action anime to come out, like a new Gundam series or a Claymore OVA, something.

Well, there is a new series of Gundam called "Gundam Age" thats gonna be coming out soon. From what I remember, the writers that did G-Gundam and 00 are working together on it..So It's totally combining my two favorite series. If I recall right, This kid gets involved into a war and essentially it carries through is son and his grandson. The gundam "Age" evolves each generation. Interesting to me but my only complaint is really..I guess they want the younger audience to be drawn to it so the art style is sorta kiddish.

1307945702203.jpg

I'm not really worried about it story wise , since from the previews it starts with the guy's house burning down and his mom dying in the fires.

I need a big time action anime to come out, like a new Gundam series or a Claymore OVA, something.

check out the Armored Trooper VOTOMS franchise

the original one is really old so the animation might not be to your liking, but the series has this semi realistic war feeling and great action that not many others have

I suggest you try out either

Armored Trooper Votoms:Phantom Arc

or

Armored Trooper Votoms: Shining Heresy, aka Heretic Saint