Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KevN

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS

131 posts in this topic

When the new Smash Bros. come out, we should all play online together. Ah, bonding.

Totally.

Also side note, thank God no more messing with friend codes just to fight one person.

>dat Wii Friend Code system

*shivers* I think I forgot my Smash. Bros. community account I made 4 years ago...

Since this game is being developed by Namco as well, I'd like to show you something.

Look at Tekken Tag Tournament 2's roster.

PZ89VB0.png

That's huge. That's like 45+ characters right there. If only Sakurai had said something about a huge roster. Then again, we'll just have to wait.

Edited by Zelc

Can't seem to find anything about Namco Bandai having anything to do with Smash Bros. Methinks it was just a rumor.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Smash_Bros._for_Nintendo_3DS_and_Wii_U

It's under Developers.

Wikipedia hardly counts as legit evidence.

Ah, that's much better.

I just really hope that this iteration of Smash Bros. will finally take advantage of the modern age and give us some DLC. I want occasional new characters and the like. More importantly, I want BALANCE PATCHES.

I just really hope that this iteration of Smash Bros. will finally take advantage of the modern age and give us some DLC. I want occasional new characters and the like. More importantly, I want BALANCE PATCHES.

If they do it better not be like Killer Instinct wherein only one character is free and every other character has to be bought separately.

Then again, Nintendo's not that stupid.

Some of my predictions:

I'm guessing there will be a few items taken from Kid Icarus: Uprising, since the two games are so similar.  I at least expect the Daybreak items to appear the same way as the Dragoon.  The attack would probably be similar to Samus's final smash.

If they replace Lucario, it will probably be with Zoroark or the new Mewtwo.

Also, I'm hoping Link will be able to use the sailcloth from Skyward Sword by holding the jump button to float like Peach.  If his jumping is as bad as it is in Brawl, this will help with recovery.

I'm really interested in how they handle DLC for Smash. They said they want their games to be finished products and all DLC should be just extra content. http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2011/11/nintendo_we_wont_charge_extra_to_unlock_in_game_content From their games that have DLC so far it's all extra levels using already existing mechanics, all stuff you can already do just rearranged a bit.

Back during Wii U's first weeks, people were asking for DLC for Nintendo Land on Miiverse. Stuff like a Star Fox Attraction. I don't think something like that would happen, as that would be a big part of the game making the release version technically unfinished. People without access to that content due to Internet or financial reasons might feel as if they aren't getting the full deal.

I think if a game like Nintendo Land would get DLC with Nintendo's DLC policy, it would most likely be extra levels to the existing attractions.

Now with Smash Bros I'd like to know where they can draw that line. New characters are nice, but do they make the vanilla product unfinished?

Also, depending on how you read their policy, is price a factor? Does making the DLC free make up for how big it is for the game? This will be an interesting matter to watch.

Edited by Rad-man

I don't think DLC character will cost much, if anything knowing nintendo. what'll probably happen is nintendo will release the game with their whatever amount of characters, but before hand, take into account characters that people wanted in the game, how probable it is to get said character in the game, and start working on said character Pre-release so that they can be DLC for a later date.

I do want DLC characters myself, every now and then a new character addition, even just one minuscule addition rather than a bundle of 5, along with say a balance patch can make the whole meta game change in an instant. Like, say A lot of people complained about the villager being too good, and then nintendo releases a balance patch, nerfing that character and buffing a few others people didn't think were good, and then BOOM. here's this new character that hasn't been subjected to any changes or the game as a whole.

Stuff like that allows the game to evolve. a balance patch can keep the game fresh and allow for a more wide variety of character play. cause we all know what happens when a game doesn't get balanced. Poor ganondorf

If Simon does get in, then I am hoping for this, even though I know it's a long shot

captain-n_L13.jpg

THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING!

Reguarding DLC:

“At the current time we have no plans. I consider my job at this point, and my main responsibility, to make the Wii U and 3DS versions the best and the fullest experience possible. That said, once finished, it’s the type of thing we could take into consideration, but for now, you could consider DLC as not being in the cards.” - Masahiro Sakurai

http://nintendoeverything.com/125367/no-current-plans-for-super-smash-bros-wii-u3ds-dlc/

I guess the answer is a resounding "maybe"

Also he said something about not trying for third parties, with Megaman being an exception

http://nintendoeverything.com/125377/smash-bros-wii-u3ds-will-be-light-on-third-party-characters-may-need-to-reduce-some-characters-but-will-try-to-include-as-many-as-possible/.

Edited by Rad-man

You know who else should be included? Because you KNOW people would buy the game for the sole purpose of kicking the crap out of him ...

duck-hunt-dog.jpg

I don't think broken link is a nintendo character robin :3

I don't think broken link is a nintendo character robin :3

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by Rad-man
1 person likes this

1002798_639516179410150_389540052_n.jpg

So Confirmed no tripping. gameplay will be in between the speeds of brawl, and DLC is a maybe says sakurai. well as much as DLC isn't really needed, I do hope to all heaven we get balance patches. I don't want another god damn meta knight T.T