Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KevN

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS

131 posts in this topic

Maybe this will cease all the "HURR HURR BEST FIGHTIN GEAM ERRYONE ELSE GO HME" Mindset as the "hardcore" smash players circle-jerk over the Gamecube controller and talk shit to everyone else.

That being said, kudos to the few in the competitive smash community who aren't total jackasses.

I'm waiting for them to announce the Earthbound characters. I liked Lucas and Ness, but the ability to chaingrab them was annoying as Hell.

As for other outside characters, I still want to see Geno from Super Mario RPG make a surprise return (Damn you Square!). He was beta'd in Brawl and never finished...

Personally, I've always thought of Smash Bros. as a combination fighter and platformer with a bit of party game mixed in. The only reason I'm hesitant to flat out label it a party game is because that implies it is only fun when played in a group. While multiplayer is a major focus in the Smash Bros. series, since Melee the single player has been substantial in its own right. Shoot, most of my time with Melee was in single player and I had a grand old time. I would have played multiplayer much more often, but high school was a horrible, lonely...

...sorry. I was having a flashback. Anyway, I've always found the notion that Smash Bros. is a super serious business fighting game misguided.

I hope Zelda will look like she did in Skyward Sword. She was really cute. Though it makes me wonder how they will handle Sheik.

I'm hoping by the time the new Smash comes out, Nintendo will have have both 64 and Melee for download on Wii U, that is if Wii U will get N64 and (possibly) Gamecube Virtual Console support soon.

I hope Zelda will look like she did in Skyward Sword. She was really cute. Though it makes me wonder how they will handle Sheik.

...I hope Zelda will go back to her blond hair days. They'll probably mix the TP and SS versions.

Olimar will be returning for the new Smash Bros.

main.png

And from the looks of it, he MAY be a Wii U exclusive character.

main.png

The same thing was said about megaman and that's been debunked. From what the official statements say, the only things differing from the 3DS and Wii U versions (besides the graphics) is the stage selections. all the characters revealed will be on both systems.

As for olimar? Whoop de friggin do. i didn't care much for his inclusion in brawl (i was actually mad now that i think about it) and putting him in smash 4 doesn't make me any more or less happy about it.

now can we please get a lloyd irving reveal trailer plz?

main.png

The same thing was said about megaman and that's been debunked. From what the official statements say, the only things differing from the 3DS and Wii U versions (besides the graphics) is the stage selections. all the characters revealed will be on both systems.

As for olimar? Whoop de friggin do. i didn't care much for his inclusion in brawl (i was actually mad now that i think about it) and putting him in smash 4 doesn't make me any more or less happy about it.

now can we please get a lloyd irving reveal trailer plz?

Olimar>Lloyd

get rekd fluffi

Olimar>Lloyd

get rekd fluffi

No please xen i implore you. tell me why i have been reked. please

Olimar is a first party nintendo character. yes. however there is NOTHING about his character i like (hardly anything to his character anyway). i hardly even like the games he's from. in contrast to that, Lloyd is from a game series that is owned by Namco (co-developing smash 4), a lot of lovable things about his character and i love the game he's from (which was originally a nintendo gamecube exclusive release.)

Now please, stop being you and post something constructive (luv u bby <3~)

Edited by Lord Fluffy

Well, I like Olimar, both in Pikmin and Smash Bros. The Pikmin games are great and I find it interesting that despite appearing relatively few games, we know more about Olimar's personality than the majority of Nintendo's characters, thanks to all the journal entries he writes. Think about it. What do we know about Amari? He jumps. And Olimar? He is an overworked family man. He is loyal to his company, but ultimately is motivated by his desire to see his loved ones again. Throughout the games, he balances his fear of mortal peril with a fascination for the alien lifeforms surrounding him. He thinks philosophically over his relationship with the Pikmin and how both parties are benefitted. So yes, Olimar does have a personality and it is one of the most memorable things about the Pikmin games. As for Smash Bros. I like that Olimar brings something different to the table. Good pick.

Well, I like Olimar, both in Pikmin and Smash Bros. The Pikmin games are great and I find it interesting that despite appearing relatively few games, we know more about Olimar's personality than the majority of Nintendo's characters, thanks to all the journal entries he writes. Think about it. What do we know about Amari? He jumps. And Olimar? He is an overworked family man. He is loyal to his company, but ultimately is motivated by his desire to see his loved ones again. Throughout the games, he balances his fear of mortal peril with a fascination for the alien lifeforms surrounding him. He thinks philosophically over his relationship with the Pikmin and how both parties are benefitted. So yes, Olimar does have a personality and it is one of the most memorable things about the Pikmin games. As for Smash Bros. I like that Olimar brings something different to the table. Good pick.

>Amari

Top lel

But seriously, you make many valid point. i suppose i just gave little to no shits about olimar and his back story considering i found The pikmin games to be rather boring. that and i think he looks strange. i mean, his entire appearance is just strange in every regard and that weirds me out. I dunno, i guess i'm just in the minority who looks at Olimar and Thinks of 10 different character he'd rather have in the game (:|) (this also applies to game n watch, wii fit trainer and R.O.B for the record.)

Everyone has a character they want to be in the new SSB game, and while yours are all complete shit, we all know who should really be added.

Here's a hint. A young boy with a monkey tail, a spiky hairdo and who always seems to be near a powerful sphere or "ball" if you will.

Sure the other characters in his franchise may be forgettable, but this character is one of the most famous Japan has ever created.(Maybe)

And that character is...

picture-19.png

Seriously, though. Add Goku.