HeartShatter

Help look for a laptop

8 posts in this topic

Hello Heart Shatter hear. I am currently looking for a good gaming computer under $640 including taxes. so far i have found a couple candidates please let me know what you think, and let post me better ideas if you have any

Amazon.com: Dell Inspiron 17R 17.3" (900P) Laptop Intel Core i5-3210M 2.5GHz, 6GB, 1TB, DVD R/W, Windows 8 ---Red: Computers & Accessories

Acer 15 6" Aspire Windows 8 Laptop i7 3632QM 2 2GHz 6GB 750GB V3 571 9890 886541753250 | eBay

It's going to be difficult finding a "gaming" notebook for under $640. You're better off building your own desktop. As for the choices you have listed above, I would go with the Acer, as I have owned an Inspiron in the hopes of being able to play games, only to find that it was hardly able to.

It's going to be difficult finding a "gaming" notebook for under $640. You're better off building your own desktop. As for the choices you have listed above, I would go with the Acer, as I have owned an Inspiron in the hopes of being able to play games, only to find that it was hardly able to.

i understand the budget is tight but i appreciate your thoughts thank you

yeah you'll probably have to choose between "gaming" and "laptop"

having both is typically very expensive

Yeah, you're lucky if you can find a laptop that can game competently for $640.

Laptops are not capable of the same things a desktop is unless you pay a premium for it. And even then there are still some things it can't do as well as a desktop.

i understand the budget is tight but i appreciate your thoughts thank you

My pleasure. 

You'll need to stretch your budget in order to get a laptop than can play today's games Med-High settings at a good framerate.

I recently bought my Lenovo IdeaPad Y410P for $799. It's beastly. Specs are in my signature.

Edited by DieHard2Live