DieHard2Live

What are the specs of the PC that you game on?

42 posts in this topic

can you elaborate on this instead of just saying whatever. My nividia Graphics card is bad? What graphics card should i use? can you give me some answers?!

Edited by Soldier Surplus

Do your research on cards before you buy them.

Note that nVidia doesn't put their graphic cards in a straight numerical order. This is really important to understand when purchasing their cards...

The first number refers to the series, for the GTX series it would be 6xx, 7xx, 8xx, 9xx, etc. Later is better technology wise. So the 9xx series would have later technology support than the 7xx and before. You would therefore get better directX versions support, capability of higher resolutions, etc.

The value after that refers to the performance, for the GTX series it would be x50, x60, x70, x75, x80, or x90. Also they have TI (increased texture mapping, etc) and other overclocked versions (increased clock speed) which give better performance for a price. You could however get a standard card and overclock it yourself in most cases (if you know what your doing). What to note what they do here is...

x50 - For the average application users, low performance, low budget card. NOT designed for major gaming, rather more basic users - web-browsing, watching movies, etc.

x60 - For the basic entry level gamer, average performance, low-mid budget card, mid to high quality/performance.

x60 TI - For average gamers, mid budget card.

x70 - For actual gamers which require more performance, mid-high budget card, can get up to high/ultra settings with the later models.

xx5 - The 5s are normally use as a replacement for the older series, to match performance. If a old card is still under warrenty and needs replacing they might consider one of these, giving the newer technology but same performance.

x80 - For high-end gamers, high budget card, for high/ultra settings and higher resolutions.

x90 - These are pretty much just two x80 glued together with a custom cooler. For the insane users with more money than sense, overpriced / overkill card.

Basically all you need to know before researching a card to buy. I just usually go for the big boy cards and stick to them for multiple years, so I'd recommend the 980 TI or even the Titan if you want to spend that much and to have it last for a while.

1 person likes this

Do your research on cards before you buy them.

Note that nVidia doesn't put their graphic cards in a straight numerical order. This is really important to understand when purchasing their cards...

The first number refers to the series, for the GTX series it would be 6xx, 7xx, 8xx, 9xx, etc. Later is better technology wise. So the 9xx series would have later technology support than the 7xx and before. You would therefore get better directX versions support, capability of higher resolutions, etc.

The value after that refers to the performance, for the GTX series it would be x50, x60, x70, x75, x80, or x90. Also they have TI (increased texture mapping, etc) and other overclocked versions (increased clock speed) which give better performance for a price. You could however get a standard card and overclock it yourself in most cases (if you know what your doing). What to note what they do here is...

x50 - For the average application users, low performance, low budget card. NOT designed for major gaming, rather more basic users - web-browsing, watching movies, etc.

x60 - For the basic entry level gamer, average performance, low-mid budget card, mid to high quality/performance.

x60 TI - For average gamers, mid budget card.

x70 - For actual gamers which require more performance, mid-high budget card, can get up to high/ultra settings with the later models.

xx5 - The 5s are normally use as a replacement for the older series, to match performance. If a old card is still under warrenty and needs replacing they might consider one of these, giving the newer technology but same performance.

x80 - For high-end gamers, high budget card, for high/ultra settings and higher resolutions.

x90 - These are pretty much just two x80 glued together with a custom cooler. For the insane users with more money than sense, overpriced / overkill card.

Basically all you need to know before researching a card to buy. I just usually go for the big boy cards and stick to them for multiple years, so I'd recommend the 980 TI or even the Titan if you want to spend that much and to have it last for a while.

Ok... that's all great but let's simplify this. Should i get rid of this GC and switch to one?

Not sure about your card in particular, but you'd almost definitely see significant performance boost even out of a 750ti. Even a 650ti would likely run circles around your card. The 960 currently has a nice price/performance ratio. Most people should be satisfied with the 960.

Up to you. Do you feel satisfied with what you have? Does it perform the way you like, and is the quality what you enjoy? Do you want something thats a little better of your current card?

I can't answer for your budget, requirements and likes ;)

CPU: i5-4670k @ 4.0GHz

GPU: GeForce GTX 750ti

RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600

Mobo: MSI Z87-G43

HDD1: 640GB WD Something or other

HDD2: 2TB WD Something or other salvaged from a failed external

PSU: Seventeam ST-750ZAF 750W

Case: CHIEFTEC Dragon DA-01BD-U-OP

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

Packard Bell EasyNote

Screen: 1600x900 17,3"

CPU: i3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz 

RAM: 5980 MB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 | nVidia GeForce GT 630M 1GB DDR3

HDD: 25377 / 697381 MB

Windows 7 Family Premium x64

Aside from bad overheat issues, i can run recent games quite correctly.

Edited by ShinmeyM

Asus Laptop

Processor: Intel® Core i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.5GHz

GPU:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M

RAM: 32 GB DDR3L

Manufactor model: ASUS ROG G751JY

HDD1: 256 GB M.2 SSD

HDD2: 1 TB HDD 7200 RPM

1 person likes this

Asus Laptop

Error... Have I ever told you... that I love you?  :sadtwi: I can't remember all my specs right now, but I know mine's at least halfway to potato already, and these specs make my spud look even more archaic.

Edited by Lord Nanfoodle

Asus Laptop

Error... Have I ever told you... that I love you?  :sadtwi: I can't remember all my specs right now, but I know mine's at least halfway to potato already, and these specs make my spud look even more archaic.

aww Nanfoodle :hug:

I understand because latest computers are expensive  :monocle:

my next computer,s specs is going to be:

Amd athlon 7750 dual core 2.7ghz 
AM2+ motherboard assorted brand(supports am3 processor) 
2 gig ddr2 ram

9500gt 512mb 128bit can play online and lan games
1 gig 64bit ddr3 video card
9600gt 512mb 256bit vidcard can play high end games
PSU

160GB sata harddisk

lcd monitor 17 inch
brand new keyboard. mouse, headset 
internet ready 

windows 7 
free movies,games,music,ready to use

dota 2,lol,cf,roblox,steam,tf2 and source filmmaker 

823048036_1_1000x700.jpg?bucket=05

i could use this :) its awesome to play roblox!

for my computer shop

15 computers (including server)

Can generate 1k to 2k income daily!

Epson L210 Printer
Electric fan

I looked at everyone else's computer specifications and now I am too embarrassed to say mine. Let's just say I still use a PC whose motherboard has a 32-bit architecture.

Just thought'd I post my specs since I just built a new PC a month back.

Graphics Card: ASUS Strix GTX 1080 OC Edition 
Motherboard: ROG Maximus VIII Hero Alpha 
CPU: Intel Skylake i7-6700k 4.0GHz 
RAM: Ballistix Sport 32GB DDR4 
Storage: WD Blue 3 TB / 2 Samsung 120 GB EVO SSDs 
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Zx 
Mouse: Razer Mamba Tournament Edition 
Keyboard: Corsair K70 Rapid Fire RGB 
Headset: Astro A40 
Monitor: ASUS SWIFT PG278Q

1 person likes this