Rainy

Regarding New Jersey And VSP

47 posts in this topic

I am sorry to inform everyone that as of today, Dinky Doo and his New Jersey server will no longer be a part of this community. This decision was an extremely difficult one to make considering Dinky's history with Ponyville.net and contributions towards "Versus Ponyville"; our modified version of Versus Saxton Hale/Freak Fortress 2. However, Dinky's repeated abuses of trust and disregard for this community's security have unfortunately left us with no other choice than to fully revoke his access to all of our servers and databases.

I have spent the last week recreating VSP myself using Freak Fortress 2. Dinky's version of VSP was a superficially edited FF2 with every menu prefix changed to "pony" and all author/contributor attributions removed in favor of giving sole credit to himself. Boss Rages were not properly coded, but merely timers entering server commands to a multitude of various plugins from Allied Modders, which also caused numerous lag spikes. My version of VSP contains a great deal of custom code and relies on properly coded FF2 plugins. I am especially thankful to Friagram from PoniPoniPoni for all of his encouragement, as well as the fog generating plugin that many of you have left me comments about.

This new version of VSP will remain exclusive to Ponyville.net and I will be putting in as much energy and effort as I can in the next week to address any bugs or issues that you all happen to find. There are a few bosses which are currently missing as well and I just wanted you to know that I have not forgotten about them. This is all very time-consuming work and I am working as fast as I can!

Happy Fourth of July!

I wished that this would never happen... But all I can do is stand by and watch the changes that will happen... Dinky is a good caring person who cares very deeply about his friends that are very dear to him... He has worked very hard on the Versus Ponyville server... I would stand and defend him if anyone decides to bash and insult his work and well being.

Edited by Amanda
1 person likes this

Well aside from the amount of lag spikes that still happen and Twili's rage almost made my left headset go out *and they're Turtle Beaches*...

Um...

I'll just go sit over in that corner over there....

I wished that this would never happen... But all I can do is stand by and watch the changes that will happen... Dinky is a good caring person who cares very deeply about his friends that are very dear to him... He has worked very hard on the Versus Ponyville server... I would stand and defend him if anyone decides to bash and insult his work and well being.

New Jersey had a bad community led by a bad admin. Friendlies are against the rules, but Dashy allowed them anyway. He also handed out admin to people like it was candy, regardless of how questionable they were as players. Admin abuse was frequent. As Raini pointed out, the plugin was not only poorly coded but based on stolen work. Say what you want, but there's no justifying his actions.

New Jersey had a bad community led by a bad admin. Friendlies are against the rules, but Dashy allowed them anyway. He also handed out admin to people like it was candy, regardless of how questionable they were as players. Admin abuse was frequent. As Raini pointed out, the plugin was not only poorly coded but based on stolen work. Say what you want, but there's no justifying his actions.

All of this is true. But Amanda is right, I been in this community since the beginning as the #65 w/e player. Seeing how people react and all, Dashy is a pretty nice guy. Though he has some up and downs but I know he cares about what he does, that even includes Jug and Vinyl.

Now for the handing out adminship like candy, that story became when *Not naming admin* went overboard with another admin *Not naming* with their powers.

Blah blah blah... Too much stories, etc etc

I told other admins not to recommend that person for admin, however, it automatically passed.

1 person likes this

Now, my question is, will there be another stock server? I like stock servers too, if only because they crash TF2 less.

That is for the head admins to decide. Since Dallas/Texas [Vanilla Maps] was quite low populated and most of the players never go. I doubt that there will be little hope for that to happen.

#Europe Server 2011: Story happened between 2 head admins, 2 admins, 1 regular player -Scottish Husky-

#Chicago 2012: Low population -Drayne O-

#New Jersey 2013

#Dallas VSH 2013

All of this is true. But Amanda is right, I been in this community since the beginning as the #65 w/e player. Seeing how people react and all, Dashy is a pretty nice guy. Though he has some up and downs but I know he cares about what he does, that even includes Jug and Vinyl.

Now for the handing out adminship like candy, that story became when *Not naming admin* went overboard with another admin *Not naming* with their powers.

I told other admins not to recommend that person for admin, however, it automatically passed.

And all this happened since... September when I first joined?  Wow.

And all this happened since... September when I first joined?  Wow.

Lets leave it in the past

That is for the head admins to decide. Since Dallas/Texas [Vanilla Maps] was quite low populated and most of the players never go. I doubt that there will be little hope for that to happen.

#Chicago 2012

Well there's another Skywalker...

Mann vs. Machine.

Now, my question is, will there be another stock server? I like stock servers too, if only because they crash TF2 less.

Cali has stock maps. I could add a lot more stock to it if you guys would prefer it.

The main reason stock was the server converted is that it was the least likely to have a population.

Some of the problems Arose when players started arguing

Tryhard/Competitive players hating Models

Players wanting to play on Ponyville Votemap

More people leaving due to these events happening

Tryhard =/= Fun players

Tryhard =/= Fun players

Possibly a "cooldown" before choosing a new map to play on?

Tryhard =/= Fun players

Possibly a "cooldown" before choosing a new map to play on?

That is not possible unless there's a plugin that disables map voting for at least 15 minutes.

Competitive Players will always vote on maps immediately. Leaving other players want to have fun leave or sit on spectate to wait for the map to finish.

Whenever a solution is made. Another problem will start to rise, this makes it more difficult for admins/owners to decide how to deal with these problems. You gotta share and you gotta care~

Best thing to have would be taking turns at least and also to have freedom to speak! Like the season 1 rules c:

"Including removing the rule of having 15 year old and under not to use their mics" -Unless is needed-

"Reducing donator to at least giving them $6 donator !Forever"

"Giving donators the right to colour their names/changing the 20% cooler cloud to something else"

"etc etc I can't name them all"

Ponyville is not a prison camp, It's a place for people to play and have fun.

EDIT: I'm a bit exhausted and maybe bit drunk. So these may not make sense

And the only reward that the players that want to have fun on the ponyvote map is only 30 seconds of gameplay before another map is chosen?  Yeah I can see why those players would leave right away, because if I were them, I probably would not want to sit out another map before heading back to ponyvote.  I mean, I could just go to something like poni^3 to just "hang about," but I'm getting a vibe that this might come true, and as a player, I'm shivering about it.

The only admin I know Dinky has given out was to his closest friends, and that was very early during the Versus Ponyville development.  The mod being "Poorly coded" was him learning through experences as if you were learning how to make music or build your first computer.  Dinky is not an admin, he is the Owner of the server.  He is usually on when he is testing the mod he has worked on for so long.  Also, Freak Fortress 2 is a Public Mod if I am not mistaken.  He may have used it to practice his skills as a scripter.  So far in my eyes, he has done a great job and has made amazing progress in both his mod and his skills coding the server, and I am sure he is still learning as he continues to work on the mod.

The only admin I know Dinky has given out was to his closest friends, and that was very early during the Versus Ponyville development.  The mod being "Poorly coded" was him learning through experences as if you were learning how to make music or build your first computer.  Dinky is not an admin, he is the Owner of the server.  He is usually on when he is testing the mod he has worked on for so long.  Also, Freak Fortress 2 is a Public Mod if I am not mistaken.  He may have used it to practice his skills as a scripter.  So far in my eyes, he has done a great job and has made amazing progress in both his mod and his skills coding the server, and I am sure he is still learning as he continues to work on the mod.

Even though Dinky has given powers to his closest friends. Most of them ended up creating bigger messes and one of the messes ended up having an European Owner leave along with his server back on 2011 in November and that story wasn't even a joke. It took 14 whole hours for me to investigate and deal with the solution.

The only admin I know Dinky has given out was to his closest friends, and that was very early during the Versus Ponyville development. 

Not only is that just false (regarding him only doing that very early during the development), that IS one of the problems we kept having, multiple times. His friends who we removed admin from following abuse or drama, and then he added back on his own whim just because they are his friends. You don't see me or raini handing out admin to our close friends, do you? We've always followed the procedure of adding admins based on their experience, reliability and knowledge of what they are doing, regardless of our personal friendships to them. 

No one is bashing anyone in this thread, there are only facts about the past and the recent situations. Making this thread out to be a personal assessment of dashy and bashing him is something that only you are doing.

It's licensed under the GPL and that requires you to give full credit to the original authors of whatever it is. Removing credits and replacing it with your own while failing to mention the original authors is a violation of the GPL and has actually led to lawsuits before.

I hate this quoting system...

Edited by Daring

About the Sound system, I think it would be a good idea to make them be used when putting a "!" in front of them or something. At the moment it's kinda odd because you can write sentences like " I'm having a good time " and because the code "ha" that plays that !hahaha sound, it just seems a bit bugged and it randomly plays sound upon trying to write sentences.

I will stop the arguement right here because all I see is something I don't want happening.

Since I know I don't much about Coding or Scripting, and about Mods, I won't further press towards them until I do a little more research.

But I do know this, Dinky has worked very hard on the server and has always been improving with the help and support of his friends and the Ponyville Community.  I just do not want anyone to just say, "You're a terrible Scripter / Coder" Even though he really Tried... and even so more when he cherishes the moments that he has with his friends.  I just really do not like it when people frown upon the he is trying to teach himself.

I may have been hard to understand because of me being tired.  If anything, Bash and insult me rather than Dinky...

The databases.cfg contained on every server stores passwords in plain text for databases relating to our forums, sourcebans, and even donor system (which connects directly to my PayPal account). Dinky shared this access with one of his friends, Genshi, and never informed me. Genshi consistently accessed the FTP for over a year until I was made aware of his access via his own gloating. Dinky's only justification for sharing this access with Genshi, who had recently been removed as an Admin, was that he was "his friend." Dinky was the only other person besides myself with full FTP access to all Ponyville.net servers and promised that he would never share that access without my knowledge or consent.

Dinky has always insisted that his personal friends be given full Admin powers in this community, irregardless of their qualifications, contributions, or level of maturity. Whenever issues arose as a result of undeniable Admin Abuse on the part of his friends, Dinky would insist that the abuse was irrelevant. If powers were ever removed from his friends, Dinky would hold this community hostage by threatening to lock all of the staff out unless concessions were met. Even after we created a new server (Dallas VSP) with the mutual understanding of giving players a place to go away from Jersey staff, Dinky would still place the whims of his friends over his word to staff and the community.

If the Jersey staff won't have access to Texas to enforce the rules there then nobody will have that with the exeception of you, me and Simple. That or I will restrict every single command on that server to my personal admin flag, making it impossible for every other admin to use a single command there.

Yes, Dinky "cares" about his close circle of friends. It is just too bad for this community that he didn't care about anyone other than them.