Followers 0
woodledoodledoodledoodle

RWBY

58 posts in this topic

Monty being monty with the animations of fights. iz good
Aura explanation. aka "magic"

okay episode.

Edited by Lord Fluffy

Just caught up on newer episodes. The one thing that's really bugging me is the objects that just disappear. The food I guess I could excuse, but the emo looking kid's guns are really annoying me.

I didn't get the point of the part with the chess pieces.

Girls talk to each other and a nicely animated scorpion.

RWBY in a nutshell. Well, minus the "nicely animated scorpion" part.

Edited by Whatever You Want

http://roosterteeth.com/archive/?id=8040&v=trending

I didn't get the point of the part with the chess pieces.

this episode explains that

anyway, this was a long episode. i enjoyed the longer run time of this episode.

animation seems to have more noticable awkwardness to it as the episode goes on. humor wasn't lacking this episode but i felt it missed the mark, and Nora is annoying.

action scenes were what i expected from monty, expect i seriously feel they run a little too fast for the animation's sake sometimes. 

>&v=trending

>no episode number

>no comment on episode number

0/2A, would not ask to post episode link.

----

"My hero."

What a shitty raid boss. Only took like 5 minutes to kill.

All the action sequences and weapon transformations still fluid I see, and that scorpion looked great.

Monty Oum has talked on the RT podcast about "momentum", and how in his action sequences he really wants to keep it all very fluid and constantly moving, and never to waste energy, which is why you get things like firing a weapon, and using the recoil to launch oneself for another attack.

In the same podcast, he talked about wanting things to be organic, and how much he likes world creation, and so the base design of the world was achieved by taking several common sauces (ketchup, mustard, etc), squishing it, and lifting, thus creating a multi coloured base covere with "natural" peaks and the like, and so he took the basic shape and design and built a world off it.

Edited by woodledoodledoodledoodle

Well at least the plot actually seems to be going somewhere now. Maybe.

White a best, Yellow a worst, Black a non-existent

action scenes were what i expected from monty, expect i seriously feel they run a little too fast for the animation's sake sometimes. 

The action scene animation is probably the best part of it. Which is funny because the non-action scene animation is pretty bad.

Episode 9 of RWBY is out:

http://roosterteeth.com/archive/?id=8075

Time for high school hijinks and lectures.

The humor of this series seems to be really lacking.

A guy from /co/ has decided to make an "abridged" version, which seems less of an abridged version and more like one huge criticism of the show. He's done up to episode 7 so far.

For anyone interested the first episode can be found here:

Humor does seem to lack quite a bit. a lot of silly childlike "humor" that doesn't translate very well to a more adult audience. (or something like that)

still wish all the episodes could be a bit longer.

Well this was a boring episode. Animation seemed pretty good less terrible than usual, as Fluffy already pointed out.

am i going crazy or something?

Yes.

.. -. / - --- -.. .- -.-- .----. ... / . .--. .. ... --- -.. . / .-- . / .-.. . .- .-. -. - / - .... .- - / -... ..- .-.. .-.. -.-- .. -. --. / -...- / -... .- -.. .-.-.-

.... .- ...- .. -. --. / - .... . / -.-. --- -.. . / --- ..- - ... .. -.. . / - .... . / .-. --- -.-. -.- . - / .-.. --- -.-. -.- . .-. / .. ... / .- / .--. .-. . - - -.-- / -... .. --. / -.. . ... .. --. -. / ..-. .-.. .- .--

Still wish the episode lengths were longer. then again that's me and my not liking to wait for the progression of plot speaking.

Edited by Lord Fluffy