Rainy

[Tutorial] How To Report A Player

10 posts in this topic

sos-report-selection-mini.png

Due to player complaints arising from a lack of Admins on the servers, I've implemented a way for players to report misconduct on the servers directly to staff here on the forums. This reporting method will relay all relevant information to Admins on the forums so that they can take immediate action even if they are using a device incapable of accessing Team Fortress 2, such as a tablet or cell phone.

sos-menu-selection.png

Just type /report or !report into chat in Team Fortress 2 and the following menu will appear.

Once you've selected the player that you would like to report, you will be presented with a list of report categories.

sos-menu-category.png

Each category has a different set of reasons for reporting a user. Below is the "Rules" menu.

sos-menu-reason.png

Once you click on a reason, you'll receive confirmation via chat that your report has been submitted.

sos-report.png

Now you're done! All relevant information relating to your report will be automatically posted here on the forums for staff.

sos-post.png

Reports made to us using this method will include the SteamID and IP information of the offender. If you are going to report a player for misconduct, please use this method first before contacting an Admin! Not only will it provide staff with important information, but it could get the attention of an Admin faster than a Steam Message would. As always however, you are welcome and encouraged to contact Admins directly with any reports of misconduct. There is a full list of Admins (including timezone and contact information) available HERE.

I would recomend using /report instead of "!report", as the misconducting player could see the "!report! command at the chat and immediately stop, as he knows an admin is coming to check what's happening.

By using /report the player won't notice he/she was reported, and an admin can even witness what's happening.

Unless raini did something for the "!report" don't show up at the chat.

I would recomend using /report instead of "!report", as the misconducting player could see the "!report! command at the chat and immediately stop, as he knows an admin is coming to check what's happening.

By using /report the player won't notice he/she was reported, and an admin can even witness what's happening.

Unless raini did something for the "!report" don't show up at the chat.

And that's when the "I didn't do this, I was doing 'x' and he was doing 'a'!" argument begins.  And while this system is implemented "Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much Raini!!!!!!", like Torky I am most likely to contact an Admin.  Of course, this IS definitely useful for those who are not friends with admins, for they are likely to get a response like: "why did you add me?" or "I do not accept random adds."

seriously, the /report and !report commands do NOTHING in game.  I have no idea how I'm supposed to be reporting all the stalling, camping scouts in the game I was jsut in, but it was redeculous.  they were all just glitching themselves to unreachable playces and spaming taunts, and I could do nothing to report them, because the /report and !report commands do not do anything.

This needs to be addressed.

A lot of commands aren't working, its also a problem on the EU server, but i think its each server having problems.

made separate thread about it, http://forum.ponyville.net/topic/6936-few-important-commands-not-working-varies-per-server/

May wanna look into it like for example california has /donate not working for example.

Edited by Arokhantos™