TheGlasses321

Does anyone hate idiot bronies that put a bad name on bronies?

47 posts in this topic

Really? We are still hating on other bronies in this thread?

meh. I don't consider then bronies, I consider them wanna-be's.

Anyone who watches the show can be considered a brony, so I hate to break it to you but them super obsessed fans are defintly bronies aswell. But instead of going all "daww they are so annoying and i haet them" in this hatefull thread we could instead try and help anyone we know that happen to be obsessed or overly annoying about it by telling them that it is getting silly and they are not doing themselves or anyone around them any favors by acting this way. Hell, most people who act annoying about something doesn't even realise it themselves and it might even be hard to start acting differently because they are so used to act this way in the first place. I have first hand experience with this, being a former super-negative critic type who vented critisism on everything, but after I was told I acted this way I am now limiting my vents to commercials and being more open minded and friendly about everything else after much practice. I might still do some negative vents here and there, but not on purpose and I atleast try to be as positive and open minded as possible.

Also, "wanna-be's"? Aren't this fanbase/community all about being open minded and welcomming everyone in friendlyness and tolleration?

Yeah that became a rant didn't it. I will try and calm down now, but I still think this thread is rather nasty and unfriendly.

Edited by Nightmare Lyre
1 person likes this

Really? We are still hating on other bronies in this thread?

meh. I don't consider then bronies, I consider them wanna-be's.

Also, "wanna-be's"? Aren't this fanbase/community all about being open minded and welcomming everyone in friendlyness and tolleration?

Fans =/= Jumpers-on-Bandwagon

Yep, by stating that tomato is a "vegetable-poser" is a clear indication of unfriendliness and intoleration...

"Hmm... Nah."

Differentiation =/= Intoleration

Nuff said.

But granted, you can interpret "wanna-be" having a negative connotation.

Meh, doesn't matter. That is just your perspective.

Edited by Dellobow

The first brony to me seems like a guy with little to no tolerance for others. As for the other "brony", I do think some people just like it because of the fame. But, true bronies will always stand out against others. But also, it doesn't matter what you like about the show.

Edited by Unlimitedcat

The fandom has everyone from posers to wankers, and the bad apples of any group always seem to be the loudest. In time, I hope that these others will fall to the wayside and our fandom's true nature may be known more openly as a group that simply loves the show for what it is, despite its initial target audience.

HEY! WHAT ABOUT US PEGASISTERS?!?!?

Heh, joking, but really. The crazy Bronies/Pegasisters are not really Bronies/Pegasisters. I mean, love and tolerance DOES apply to non-Bronies and anti-Bronies right?

Heh, joking, but really. The crazy Bronies/Pegasisters are not really Bronies/Pegasisters. I mean, love and tolerance DOES apply to non-Bronies and anti-Bronies right?

Of course it does. It would seem that some bronies forget about love and tolerence when it involves people hating on the show however, which is disappointing. Seriously, love and tolerence for EVERYONE guize...

In life, there will always be people that are too outspoken and aggressive about their interests. This is true of all things. It is more of a problem for smaller groups and subcultures that are trying to be respectable. It can stem from a number of things, I think, mostly immaturity, lack of social grace, or simply being unable to be comfortable with one's self and overcompensating for that.

God, why did I start this thread?

Good question.

Well, I don't normally hate or even dislike any brony.... However, there's one I would like to give a BG2 treatment, Sticking a bayonet up her arse and stab my way up the brain, then shoot the musket.

See for yourself: http://sunlightstarry.deviantart.com/

Troll her, I SAY!

I was like "what?" then I was like "oh" then I was like "pffft, kinda clever". It may be a bit homophobic, but she does have a point, as it isn't canon. I would never want to brutally murder somepony for voicing their opinion, though. it's best just to ignore haters. You give them too much credibility by shouting "look over there at what they're doing, isn't it horrible?!?!?!"

Seriously, 6000 pageviews? I've only got like 200+ on mine :raripout:

Meh, homophobes gonna homophobe. It's like that episode of Sout Park where Kenny dies (Yeah, specific, I know. The Golden PSP one is the one I'm talking about). Just like Cartman, she's right for the wrong reasons.

Yeah. My brother hates the show because of them and he told me that's why. Then when I talked to him he said it was "just the show is no good" but it's clearly because of the bad bronies. Me and him still fight alot about it though.

Well, I don't normally hate or even dislike any brony.... However, there's one I would like to give a BG2 treatment, Sticking a bayonet up her arse and stab my way up the brain, then shoot the musket.

See for yourself: http://sunlightstarry.deviantart.com/

Troll her, I SAY!

That seems to be quite a bit homophobic, and stating what a "true brony" does or does not do? Not the best idea, mind you.

I really don't blame them for kicking her. I know it's her opinion but, if she's to post something that accusing on a group of that magnitude and not expect people to say something back, that spells out ignorant. Now, that being said, the people shouldn't have done what they did, using such.... sharp words against her. But she claims that there is no love nor tolerance, and yet attacks them throught comments, the stamp, and a post on her page. Hypocrasy and more ignorance, I think. She then goes on to tell people that after SHE attacked various broniesm them fighting back is the reason WHY they arn't accepted in society. She attacks people who like Lesbian and Homosexual ships relentlessly, and while I've never been one for ships, I do respect what they like and not post stamps that just BEGS for people to counter-argue. Also, in another point of Hypocracy and ignorant claims, she posts this in her "Thanks for being my Guineapig..." post: "This is really hypocritical. But they'll gladly accept art in favor of homosexuals and bash heterosexuals. I told this person multiple times that I do not hate them, nor homosexuals. But they still insisted that I do hate them. I don't hate them, who are they to tell me what I can hate and what I can't hate? Or is it that everyone who isn't homosexual hates them? rolleyes.gif

UPDATE!: MLP:FiM blocked me because of this! It's like they're plugging their ears going "nanernanernanerwecan'thearyou!". All because of one submission? Seriously people, there is NO "love and tolerance" when groups block you for submitting stamps la.gif And because they are homosexual dummy.gif"

THAT, Fillies and Gentlecolts, is homophobia, indeed, AND after claiming that she doesn't hate Homosexuals.

I'm sorry if this came of as anything other than what I intended it to: My views on this entire ordeal. I usually call it like I see it, and this is something I cannot love, not even like one bit. But I'm only giving my views on this, and shall come to tolerate. I apolgize ina dvance if this comes of as more than what I intended it to.

But I'm only giving my views on this, and shall come to tolerate. I apologize in advance if this comes of as more than what I intended it to.

don't

you conduct yourself very professionally, and with a sense of neutrality and equality that i respect. i'm sure other people do, but don't cut yourself short even for a second.

But I'm only giving my views on this, and shall come to tolerate. I apologize in advance if this comes of as more than what I intended it to.

don't

you conduct yourself very professionally, and with a sense of neutrality and equality that i respect. i'm sure other people do, but don't cut yourself short even for a second.

Well... g'aww, shucks. Thanks, Calzone.

You know it! The ones that give us a bad name seriously need to rethink what love and tolerate mean. I've never tried to force MLP on anybody and I mind my own business.

This can be seen a brony cannibalism. Cmon we all know that you once were guilty of the same thing. Its not like we all never did anything completely unprovoked to irk a non-brony. We are already in a ditch because of other things, don't fight among yourselves and make it worse.

And for the love of celestia, if you are conformable with yourself don't run around the interwebs talking about how macho you are and end it with "And I watch MLP". Nobody cares and this makes you seem even more desperate to cling to a false sense of reality just to justify your admiration for a show.

Also, don't flag your seniority everywhere who cares if you were a brony before it was mainstream? We both like the show so thats a start. If we all can do that, I would beat out 80% of the fanbase in seniority. "Hey guize, I've been watching and collecting MLP paraphernalia since I was 5 so ha! I win!!1!1 I da bestest!!1!"

Also, don't flag your seniority everywhere who cares if you were a brony before it was mainstream? We both like the show so thats a start. If we all can do that, I would beat out 80% of the fanbase in seniority. "Hey guize, I've been watching and collecting MLP paraphernalia since I was 5 so ha! I win!!1!1 I da bestest!!1!"

I think my wife has you beat there, She was into them when they started. **dons hipster glasses by proxy***

@Cinnabro Yeah that is why I didn't say everyone :p There is many people that are older than me that have been watching it. So I can still retain my professional hipster status while your wife beats me as she is master hipster.

I was into ponies before it was mainstream. *Wears hipster scarf and not as great glasses*

I agree with you.

I mean, if a person lashes out at you for being a brony, I mean, you shouldn't exchange hot words at each other.

I mean,damn.

Curse under your breath.

And not curse out loud.

It just ruins the whole image of us.