Darkest Night

Have you ever had a 'paranormal' experience?

147 posts in this topic

By paranormal, I mean anything from seeing or hearing ghosts, experiencing psychic phenomena, UFO sightings, encounters with strange creatures, or even just excessive cases of deja-vu. A Ghosts tap me on the shoulder, shadow people pass by or loom over me. I have seen some strange entities

My friend said he saw a red light moving around at my house one time.

He was watching my girl/dog for me, so I wasn't there.

Edited by OhHaiDare

eeyup. when i was with choir we had a concert at Westminster Hall in College Park, where Edgar Allen Poe was buried, we went down to the crypt under it and had a tour. I passed by the grave of one of the most ruthless generals of the revolutionary war. I heard a demonic voice whisper in my ear, "GET OUT!" and I looked around to make sure nopony was bullshitting me and nopony was around. Apparently, there has been a history of people hearing things around his grave so imma chalk that up to ghosts n' stuff.

I get alot of night terrors.

night terrors are where you wake up in the middle of the night and you can't move.

basically, it's a mild case of shock that only goes into the 1st stage, basic paralysis.

it is terrifying. the worst thing i have ever had the impleasire of expiriencing in life.

i still get them to this date...

usually caused (for me) by horror films, ghosts, and the like. (yes i have seen ghosts)

ಠ_ಠ

I have moments of prescience, when I know what is about to happen. This ranges from things like calling dice rolls before they happen, answering questions that are just about to be asked, knowing to stop at a green light because someone is about to run the red in the other direction, etc.

I get alot of night terrors.

night terrors are where you wake up in the middle of the night and you can't move.

basically, it's a mild case of shock that only goes into the 1st stage, basic paralysis.

it is terrifying. the worst thing i have ever had the impleasire of expiriencing in life.

i still get them to this date...

usually caused (for me) by horror films, ghosts, and the like. (yes i have seen ghosts)

ಠ_ಠ

I've had them before I rolled over to go to sleep. Suddenly I couldn't move I tried to scream but I couldn't I thought I was going to have a heart attack from the fear I hope it never happens again Some pony say that i was having an alien abduction experiences

So many Deja-vu's over the years, so many Deja-vu's... aperantly Mr. Smith have been really bussy changing the Matrix around me.

Also when you mention it, a ghost did actually tap my mother on her shoulder on a vacation to Paris while visiting one of the cathedrals there.

So many Deja-vu's over the years, so many Deja-vu's... aperantly Mr. Smith have been really bussy changing the Matrix around me.

Also when you mention it, a ghost did actually tap my mother on her shoulder on a vacation to Paris while visiting one of the cathedrals there.

lol that's weird... i get a bunch of deja-vu as well. mostly, i have a bit of the same thing as twilight. i have a form of prescience, but it only happens when i dream. i sometimes see something in a dream that isn't completely out of the ordinary, and then i experience it. its sory of a personal prescience.

I have moments of prescience, when I know what is about to happen. This ranges from things like calling dice rolls before they happen, answering questions that are just about to be asked, knowing to stop at a green light because someone is about to run the red in the other direction, etc.

I get the traffic thing, too. I beleive there's a kind of psychic 'web' that exists strongly in traffic, and if you're 'plugged into' it, you can avoid many an accident. Its happened to me so many times, I've lost count. Once, the van behind me hit the car in front of me, leaving me unscathed. I owe that in particular to the web.

I'm also a bit sensitive to energies, my friend and I sometimes go near sites with stories and such to them, to see if we can pick up on anything. We don't linger, though, usually just a drive-by.

I think some 'ghosts' and such are just as likely to be 'thin spots' in between dimensions. I have seen a small creature (about 12 years ago) following me home from my friend's (now wife) house. It was across the highway, lingering in a patch of woods. Bipedal, humanoid, about 2 1/2 feet tall, completely black. When I caught sight of it, it froze, and tried to remain hidden behind some brush. I didn't pursue it, as I didn't want to mess with things I don't understand, just hurried home. My friend I go with to places saw the same thing in a house he used to live in, said they were house spirits, but I think it was more than spectral, what I saw. It was a very visceral thing and was definitely not from here.

Probably the most paranormal thing I've experienced is my sense of awareness.

A few months back i was walking back to my house from the movies listen to my music (i can't hear anything but the music with the headphones im using) and suddenly i get the feelings someones about to attack me.

needless to say. the guy walked away with a fractured wrist. this scared the shit outa me though. because if i hadn't had the feeling i don't even know what would've happened

I've had many experiences like what Fallen Star recently posted (Not being able to move a muscle, and you feel a looming presence getting closer).

Which I believe that's called Sleep Paralysis. It happens to everyone, but damn does it sucks BALLS.

It even happened to me a few times in high school. When I was too tired to stay up and Iayed my head down to sleep, five minutes later I tried to get up but no part of my body would move.

inb4 Open the door, get on the floor. Everybody walk the dinosaur.

I have had some "paranormal experiences", usually seeing something which isn't actually there. For example, I was at one of my relatives house and saw a black fox or dog running towards a door, only to find that there was nothing there. At that time I didn't take much notice of it, but when I told the said relative, she said that an old dog of her's was black and used to run from that same position to the exact same door.

Another strange one was when I was new to the brony community, and was watching one of the episodes from Season 1 for my first time (can't remember which one) at 2am when I heard a loud noise come from a small utility type room behind me. Needless to say I shat bricks, and when I went into the room to investigate nothing had fell, so I had no idea what it was. Bizarre to say the least.

I don't really believe in paranormal stuff, but these two events have made me question things.

Edited by Whatever You Want

My house is haunted. There are two ghosts that I know about and Kenyon has had the not so fun experiences with them than I have.

I haven't had any distinct experiences, though sometimes I wish I did.

But pretty much all my life, I'll go through months at a time wherein I regularly see things at the corner of my vision. They look like rodents or cats darting around corners and up walls. Very ephemeral though. I've wondered if it was just some kind mental illusion or phenomenon but some light internet research brings up nothing *shrug*. I'm not really sure if it's any kinda of paranormal thing, but at the very least I can't explain it.

My house is haunted. There are two ghosts that I know about and Kenyon has had the not so fun experiences with them than I have.

Oh? What exactly do these ghosts do?

One is the spirit of my grandfather, as this was his house before I bought it.

Kenyon has had his hand pulled and occasionally somebody will be standing beside him but the minute he turns to see it, It's gone. That happens in the computer room which was the room my grandfather spent most of the time in. Occasionally you will feel somebody sitting behind you on the couch but when you turn, nothing is there. If you ask him to stop it goes away.

Shadow people walking around the bedroom. oh and there is the lady ghost in my bathroom.

She just stands and look at you between the shower curtains and opens doors. I have had more personal experience with that one. Your just minding your own business taking a shower and you feel somebody standing on the other side of the shower curtain... sometimes she's just a silhouette other times you can see her peek in between the wall and the curtain. She has long dark hair and is very pale about 5 feet tall.

First time Kenyon saw her he screamed and thought it was me. I was on the other side of the house doing dishes and since it's only the two of us. It is kinda creepy.

There are several theories about shadow people No one is really sure if shadow people are good or bad, but people who have seen them report that it is a frightening experience. There have been no reports of shadow people actually doing any harm. Some who have seen them also report a malevolent feeling, while others are just scared.

The ones I see stand in the right hand side of my kitchen near the fridge. The master bathroom and walking around my bed. Generally either late at night or early in the morning. It makes the hair stand up on my arms but that's about it.

I was thinking about doing an evp but yeah no ... I'd like to actually sleep at night.

I get the traffic thing, too. I beleive there's a kind of psychic 'web' that exists strongly in traffic, and if you're 'plugged into' it, you can avoid many an accident. Its happened to me so many times, I've lost count. Once, the van behind me hit the car in front of me, leaving me unscathed. I owe that in particular to the web.

I'm also a bit sensitive to energies, my friend and I sometimes go near sites with stories and such to them, to see if we can pick up on anything. We don't linger, though, usually just a drive-by.

I think some 'ghosts' and such are just as likely to be 'thin spots' in between dimensions. I have seen a small creature (about 12 years ago) following me home from my friend's (now wife) house. It was across the highway, lingering in a patch of woods. Bipedal, humanoid, about 2 1/2 feet tall, completely black. When I caught sight of it, it froze, and tried to remain hidden behind some brush. I didn't pursue it, as I didn't want to mess with things I don't understand, just hurried home. My friend I go with to places saw the same thing in a house he used to live in, said they were house spirits, but I think it was more than spectral, what I saw. It was a very visceral thing and was definitely not from here.

It sound like a wee folk to me a very creepy encounter and that it was following you

The ones I see stand in the right hand side of my kitchen near the fridge. The master bathroom and walking around my bed. Generally either late at night or early in the morning. It makes the hair stand up on my arms but that's about it.

I was thinking about doing an evp but yeah no ... I'd like to actually sleep at night.

Well if the ghost is not threatened you and your not ready to do contact leave it alone try looking for more information on ghosts and never NEVER try any witchcraft or Ouija to contact any spirits

That's generally what I do. It's been quiet of late and I haven't really seen either of them. Though the cemetery down the street has all sorts of construction going on right next to it. You would figure it would kick up a notch.

Well if the ghost is not threatened you and your not ready to do contact leave it alone try looking for more information on ghosts and never NEVER try any witchcraft or Ouija to contact any spirits

Agreed, do NOT use a Ouija under ANY circumstaces. I did once, during a stupid time in my life, On top of the danger of confronting the spirits summoned, there is a terrible amount of psychic cleaning to do afterward, and it may not even work. That stuff can hang around you for years if you mess with it.