Rainbro Dash

TF2 Class Discussion

514 posts in this topic

Yeah. The other thing to note is minisentries, you can't consistently make them with the Widowmaker, I've found.

That was my problem as well. Seems to me the Widowmaker is more feasible with a wrench over the funslinger. (typo, leaving it.)

That was my problem as well. Seems to me the Widowmaker is more feasible with a wrench over the funslinger. (typo, leaving it.)

Now we can put the "Funslinger" with the "Windowmaker". Typos FTW.

Yeah. The other thing to note is minisentries, you can't consistently make them with the Widowmaker, I've found.

Never picked up weapons from dead bodies I see.

Or even looked for ammo boxes.

Don't get me started on Payload.

Edited by Dellobow

I used the Widowmaker and the Short Circuit at the same time like a pro.

I actually made it work.

I never see the Short Circuit used

Never picked up weapons from dead bodies I see.

Or even looked for ammo boxes.

Don't get me started on Payload.

I'd like to see your credentials. Because, mostly likely, I can say with 100% certainty I know more than you. And I hate Payload.

I never said the Widowmaker was bad, I was saying that the Shotgun is better, using anecdotal evidence from the main engis on the server. I can link to comp engis, too.

Well, seeing as though I have no skill in the current Class-In-Discussion. Imma state a few things about my favorite class: Scout.

This mean mutha-hubba is the fastest character in Team Fortress 2, able to run circles around other classes and being able to effectively use the "circle-strafe" technique. His Scattergun does massive damage at close-range, and does a fair amount mid-range. His pistol is made for long-range fighting, and has a large clip, but low ammo pool. He can effectively weapon-heckle classes if directly confronted, and is the main flanking class in the game. His strength does not lie in Direct Combat, or pushing the front line, nor leading a charge. However, a good Scout can flank a class and wipe him out rather easily (assuming the player is unaware of a Scout.) He is the bane of Snipers and, in some cases, Heavies. His Lunch Box items (Mad Milk, BONK!, and the Crit-A-Cola) can effectively change the tide of battle, but at the cost of Weapon-heckling (unless you can pull it off with a bat and a Scattergun.) He captures CP's faster than any other class, and pushes the cart as if 2 Non-Scout classes were pushing it.

He is not flawless, however. His low-health and his range is what makes him a prime-target for Heavies (if the occasion arises). Sentries are the Bane of Scout, often being his downfall, if he can bypass the other enemies. His BONK! can help with getting past Sentries, but you cannon capture Intel, Points, or push carts while under the effect. Pyros are also Anti-Scout, as his low health makes burning a must-not-happen. Weapon-Heckling can, in some cases, work against the Pyro, but seeing as in the he/she/it is the one who can truly dominate the Close-Range area, he can run around a corner and ambush the Scout, if he tries to follow (which, mind you, is not the best strategy.) An Aggressive Scout may be able to go into the front lines, assuming he can dodge enemy fire easily, but the main Scout strategy is to take the back roads to the objective. If they are guarded by Sentries, you can get other classes to take them out before moving on. There are several weapons that can help change a play style. A Hit-N-Run Scout does not keep a battle going on, unlike an Aggressive Scout, who prolonged the battle until backup arrives, or the Scout kills the enemy class.

That's all, for now.

If the right person is using Scout, with a loadout that suits their style of play, then they can be very lethal. One of the reasons I like Scout so much is because he has a versatile loadout. Also he can be effective in more than one way, as Xenmas explained.

The only reason the Scout won that was because that was a bad Heavy! Seriously, who wastes ammo on a Bonked Scout?

And yet, Mr. Kenyon changes his avatar to that exact Heavy. . .

=P

Edited by Rainbro Dash

At least he killed a Spy :P

Yes, and a Spy is much more dangerous to a Heavy than a Scout. I like the way that two people have changed their avatars to the two main characters in that video.

inb4 someone changes avatar to dead Spy.

My best class tends to be demo, I'm a pretty good aim with the grenade launcher and I know all the best places for sticky traps.

I tend to suck with Medic, Scout, and Heavy.

well back in the day me and 1 buddy were pros at jumping around with scout and FaN. (before triple jump bat ruined everything). we could basically fly all around 2fort and get to places nobody could. in fact, i think i used to be one of the lads who capped the most suitcases in FuG 2fort server... but that was way back in november-december 2010

Edited by Koach

Just like to reiterate what's been said earlier about pyros : USE YOUR AIRBLAST. Especially to put out your teammates. I don't care if you're using the backburner, DO IT. Every teammate on your team that is dead means it will be easier for the other team to kill YOU. TF2 is designed in such a way that there has to be a HUGE skill gap for a single person to be able to take on two other players at the same time.

Plus, for those of you who only care about points, it gets you one! A whole point! A pyro can top the scoreboards having killed almost nobody, just running around pushing the cart/capping points/defending/whatever and putting people out.

i really suck as scout but when i tried pyro i did decemtly i really want to get into scout though what should i do

i really suck as scout but when i tried pyro i did decemtly i really want to get into scout though what should i do

Scout can be tricky. Then again, so can Pyro. *shrug*

Best thing to do is to just stick with it. Eventually, you'll start to get the hang of it.

I might write a Scout guide in the near future, now that I think about it.

Scout is a hard to class to learn, but nothing tricky about him.

Pyro on the other hand is easy to learn, but mastering pyro is extremely hard. Deflecting rockets when the soldier's right in front of you, landing flares mid-air, all that takes a huge amount of practice

basically, use the scattergun at close range -- or better yet, point-blank range. switch to the pistol at long range. don't use the bat unless you really have to.

you need to practice running and double-jumping around. you have low health, so you need to be fast enough to not get randomly shot. you don't want to bump into walls in the middle of a fight.

then, you need to practice using your head. pick your battles. know when to run in close and fight, and when to retreat. think about how to speed around the map and attack the enemy from angles they're not expecting.

... and stay away from sentries!

1 person likes this

Scout is an ambush class. If you just charge head-on in to the heat of battle, you're not going to last long. However, flanking enemies can ensure a near-instant death for them. That's why you should take alternate, obscure routes so you can pop up behind enemies and land the killing blow before they even know what hit them.

Plain ol' flanking isn't going to work for Heavies though. You can severely damage them, but if they turn around, their Minigun will tear you to shreds in a snap. If you find yourself in a position where you need to take down a Heavy, keep circling around them while simultaneously jumping and firing. It requires some fancy fingerwork, but this makes it possible to defeat a Heavy while leaving yourself relatively unscathed.

Also, don't be afraid to retreat. Scout is not only an ambush class, but a hit-and-run class as well.