Rainbro Dash

TF2 Class Discussion

514 posts in this topic

Newer players roll heavy when they feel that they can't win otherwise, because newer players see the Heavy as the "win" class because of the high health and ease of hitting with the minigun. Then other new players will see the heavy and roll medic, because Heavy+Medic is op (vs. 1 person).

I see a lot of scrub scouts, yeah, but I also seem to ALWAYS run into one scout per server who's quite good because inevitably it's the ONLY class they EVER play. So they might only have 3-400 hours in the game but if they're all on scout, they're going to be really good at 1v1, and well, they always just run around deathmatching instead of playing Team Fortress 2.

Sometimes I wish I hadn't spread my hours out so evenly amongst pyro, soldier, and demoman just to see how much better I could be at one of those classes. But that would be boring as hell to me.

I tend to main as Engineer, but if the situation calls for it I will play Spy or Solly. I kinda suck at Spy though, as it can be one of the hardest classes to play and, even though I used to main Spy I just don't "have it" in me anymore :| I've become better at Engie and Solly though.

I can recall managing to kill 12 enemy players as the Spy in one go before. Of course I got accused of hacking; I even think I got kicked from that server, lol.

If I could re-wire all of my time playing TF2, I would siphon my demo time and give it to engie and take my solly and sniper time and push it into spy and medic(so more hrs as medic).

That won't solve anything 2A. Points are almost purely cosmetic. Time spent playing can reflect of physical hours spent on the class unless you reset alot

Hello Ponyvillagers,

I am a noob and have a weapon question, please. Is it my imagination, or do some melee weapons have a crazy range on them? I am specifically speaking about the 'Holy Mackrel' and 'Katana'. I use a 'Strange Pain Train' and it seems as though I need to get up close and personal for my kills, but am being killed from a distance with the previously mentioned weapons. 

Thanks for any info or help with sorting this out,

John A.

Praise the Sun

Some weapons do have an extended range, however, the ones you mentioned do not. Why people rage against the fish is probably because it's humiliating. The katana, on the other hand, gets random crits like fucking crazy and can one-hit most classes with a crit, killing them and fully healing the katana wielder. The weapons that do have an extended range are as follows: The Eyelander (and it's reskins), the Claidehmeh Mohr, The Scotsman's Skullcutter, The Persian Persuader, and the Disciplinary Action. The DA has the longest range of them all, and is for the Soldier rather than the Demoman oddly enough. Probably because it is more a utility than a weapon in the traditional sense. Hope that cleared it up for you.