Rainbro Dash

TF2 Class Discussion

514 posts in this topic

My tips as scout

1. Don't run in straight lines

2. Learn to strafe shoot

3. Only start firing from mid-close range. Fire from too far and you're giving away your location.

4. Never use melee, you do more damage by reloading and taking a shot than you would trying to aimlessly swing your bat two times in a row.

5. Look for ways to cut corners with double jump.

6. There is nothing wrong with stopping to aim, just make sure you don't get picked off while you're doing it.

7. Use your pistol to snipe mini sentries.

8. Never run headlong into a corridor. Pop in to check for enemies and pop out.

I think pistol, mad milk and bonk are all fine choices as secondaries depending on the situation.

The Great and Powerful Aloe came into this topic expecting pyro QQ to the nth degree.

It does my heart good to see pyros who know what they are doing. I see alot of hate for the backburner pyro. Why hate them? Its a crutch weapon that can work either really good or really bad. Pyros who use it tend to blow up their spot really fast. Its kind of your fault if you don't see a wall of fire running at you from deep. BB pyros (Not saying all because I know I've extinguished some of you here) like to be stingy with the airburst and extinguishing allies. So you can use something like that to your advantage.

My set for this is Backburner,Shotgun and Sharpened volcano fragment. A tactic that I like to use is that I burn someone then I airburst them. If you move quickly enough and airburst at the right angle, as they come down you get crits for burning their back. According to sarge, this is known as my rage pyro.

Another pyro item that people QQ too much about is the new flamethrower. Its not broken. Stop being a little baby man. They by far have to be the weakest form of pyro currently. They have pretty much no tricks up their sleeves. They can only run at you in a straight line and hope for the best. They are pretty much bucked if they meet anyone who doesn't have a day 1 mentality. The best you can get out of it is if you fight somepony stupid enough to let you build mmmph gage then you become a force. Besides that they are pretty much nothing. They cant airburst and they dont get a damage increase from it. If anything I see them as free kills when they run at me. Its like they forget they have a secondary.

I don't own this weapon anymore but I have used it. My recommend set for it would be Plholiogoshigoblin as I call it, The Detonator and the sharpened volcano fragment. The mmmph gage increases based off of how much fire damage you do so your priority would be burning anypony you see. Then you can seclude yourself in a corner and activate it. But make sure to have your back against the wall when doing so. This way you can see who is coming for you and spies who are snoopy aren't going to see a free disguse and/or meal ticket.

Main thing pyros need to work on was already covered. Extinguish allies. Its a nice thing to do and everypony is going to not rag on you for being a pug class. I'm annoyed by how much people think that pyro is a easy as buck class. It can be easy to pick up but hard to master. You can say pyro is easy when you can successfully get dominations and easy kills from Grenade launchers, Rockets, Sticky bombs and Huntsman arrows. Its not that hard if you can be calm and collective of the scenario at hand and know what battles to pick and which ones are deathwishes. Too many Pyros run at heavies ablaze with recklessness in their eyes. A wise lion knows when the right time to strike is while the young lion strikes on sight.

My favorite class is pyro, I just find it the most fun. I really need to work on my airblasting grenade skills, though. I don't think I've ever killed anyone with a reflected grenade. Also, please oh please listen to The Great And Powerful Aloe, and extinguish your allies. Please. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person in the whole world who even knows you can do that. It's a little frustrating when I'm close to dying and on fire as a scout, I run up to a friendly pyro, and he runs right by me. Anyway, I feel like listing my favorite classes.

Pyro > Spy > Scout > Medic > Engie > Soldier > Heavy > Demoman > Sniper

4. Never use melee, you do more damage by reloading and taking a shot than you would trying to aimlessly swing your bat two times in a row.

I disagree with this. Scout's melee weapons are good for targets that nearby but constantly mobile, such as other Scouts or Medics.

I disagree with this. Scout's melee weapons are good for targets that nearby but constantly mobile, such as other Scouts or Medics.

Well if you know the enemy's hp is really low, then go ahead and melee. But otherwise, just use the pistol if you used up your full clip for the cattergun

Edited by OhHaiDare

I have to disagree with this. I mean, sure it's somewhat easier.

But as far as comp is concerned, it's all about the Scattergun--even against another Scouts.

You should see some Scout duels on DM servers. It's like high-speed jousting. WITH GUNS.

after days and days of getting merced left and right i finally found a class that i do really good with demoman the last game i played i got about 15 kills with this character

going to change the topic a bit

what i learn today is thta with Battle-engi use the Gunslinger mini sentrys can do good damage and there fast to build

also the gunslinger crits o the third hit and give you 5 points for a kill

Pommson is a good battle-engi gun

spys are sneaker motherbuckers my team had the game won but to my suprise blue team seizes area and then they show a spy by himself captured the point

If you were playing on the dallas sever it was prolly me. I was camp torturing with eternal reward and ambassador

(Starting this thread to prevent another from being derailed)

The only class Demo can't handle is Scout.

If the Demo is good at using the sticky bomb launcher, then Scouts aren't too much of a problem.

True, but that really applies to any class.

The only class that I think a scout can't beat is an Engi with a lvl 2/3 sentry

But scout's are also weak in closed in areas.

That is true, but pretty much any class, excluding Spy and Sniper, can beat a scout. Even a Medic.

Also Scouts have a tough time fighting both lvl 1 and combat sentries. If you're a scout, then stay away from sentries.

Yes, even mini-sentries are a great deal of grief to a Scout. Spy and Engy may have an eternal rivalry, but Engi is just bully to the Scout. :spin:

I pretty much only snipe and I was playing against 4 scouts with an inactive team and went 22 and 7

is it a good strategey to use sandman bonk stun and run up quickly for the scattergun kill or just use the winger for the long range kill

>Winger

Pfft, your kidding right? Winger is terrabad compared to normal pistol. You will have to time your shots and be careful and accurate which is the exact opposite reason 95% of scouts use pistol. But the sandman x scattergun combo is a good ship. Just make sure you don't get hit alot else that -15 hp is going to seem real big.

On a side note, Scottish Resistance=Hahahaha no. I would perfer a strange LnL before it. Or better yet, a strange sticky jumper. It counts how many times you do a full demobird jump with it. And if you didn't get it by now i'm making fun of Scottish Resistance and those who use it. Also strange frying pan/bottle. Valve, think about it. *Nudges gabe and gets sucked into his gravitational pull*

2 people like this

I'm ready to devote my time to becoming the best ranked pyro on the Ponyville servers.

But then again, I am already in my pajamas...

1 person likes this

I'm ready to devote my time to becoming the best ranked pyro on the Ponyville servers.

But then again, I am already in my pajamas...

No one will ever beat Amy

Will happen.

By my hand. But not really. I'm mainly playing on a highlander group's practice server. More of working with them as pyro and demoman.

In short, i'm busy. So not really. Because i'm already in my pajamas.

You know it would be a lot more easier to spy if there weren't so many god damn pyros. Actually it may just be me since I run with the dead ringer all the time and I always disguise as a spy, but whats more obvious a spy pyro or a spy spy? Ok it's official I need some spy tips. How can I improve my spying skills by 20%? and I am not using enforicle (the enforcer+ the spy-cicle+ the dead ringer)

It'd be a lot easier to play any other class in the game if it weren't for spies. Shoot your gun, look over your shoulder. Shoot your gun, look over your shoulder. Shoot your gun, see spy, shoot spy, spy is not dead because all spies are Dead Ringer spies. Shoot your gun, look over your shoulder. Shoot your gun, look over your shoulder, stabbed by spy that approached from the other shoulder. Repeat forever. Welcome to Ponyville.

It'd be a lot easier to play any other class in the game if it weren't for spies. Shoot your gun, look over your shoulder. Shoot your gun, look over your shoulder. Shoot your gun, see spy, shoot spy, spy is not dead because all spies are Dead Ringer spies. Shoot your gun, look over your shoulder. Shoot your gun, look over your shoulder, stabbed by spy that approached from the other shoulder. Repeat forever. Welcome to Ponyville.

Respawn, walk 2 steps and get stabbed by a spawn camping spy, respawn as pyro and madly spy check spawn, then go back to your other class, get half way to front and get stabbed. repeat infinintly. Welcome to ponyville california server

Bah! You are truly a scrub if pyros are your bane. Pyros are glasscannons. Besides snipers, they have to be the easiest class to kill.

One more thing, i'm tired of phloglistonator QQ. End of story, if you use Soldier, Heavy, Scout, Demoman and Engineer and you are being wrecked enough to let a phlogo pyro build full mmph on you, you fucking suck. Deal with it. Soldiers especially. They can't airburst so put away the damn shotgun. Spies should have common sense and check the scenario before disguising as a demoman/pyro and walking around with a hard shlong up their ass. You make a bit to clear that you are a spy. Don't Dead Ringer from 1 bullet. Also you can disguise as your ally for a reason. Ally when in ally territory then enemy after you are near the enemy base. If you play demo and pyros are a problem for you, i'm sorry but quit demo... You must be a disgusting demo if pyros rape you.

Great, now im tired after 2 days of not sleeping. Whenever I rant to QQers, I get hungry/tired.

Bah! You are truly a scrub if pyros are your bane. Pyros are glasscannons. Besides snipers, they have to be the easiest class to kill.

One more thing, i'm tired of phloglistonator QQ. End of story, if you use Soldier, Heavy, Scout, Demoman and Engineer and you are being wrecked enough to let a phlogo pyro build full mmph on you, you fucking suck. Deal with it. Soldiers especially. They can't airburst so put away the damn shotgun. Spies should have common sense and check the scenario before disguising as a demoman/pyro and walking around with a hard shlong up their ass. You make a bit to clear that you are a spy. Don't Dead Ringer from 1 bullet. Also you can disguise as your ally for a reason. Ally when in ally territory then enemy after you are near the enemy base. If you play demo and pyros are a problem for you, i'm sorry but quit demo... You must be a disgusting demo if pyros rape you.

Great, now im tired after 2 days of not sleeping. Whenever I rant to QQers, I get hungry/tired.

Never be afraid to use the Dead Ringer as a Damage Shield when having to defend yourself.

Edited by Xenmas