Rainbro Dash

TF2 Class Discussion

514 posts in this topic

Also, assuming you can win against a Pyro if you're a Demo is false unless the players are of equal skill. Which is what most people forget. They think that they can win in every possible circumstance because they are an Anti-x (x is the class you are a bane to.) Also, some people can fight a certain class better than others with a certain class/all classes.

A person's skill determines everything.

It's not that hard to counter alot of the classes. Just open your mind and think before you act. While there is some scenarios that are complete mismatches, there are others that take some thought before running into. Don't look at a Phlogo pyro running at you and think "Hey im going to run in his face too!" It is funny as hell to see scouts get roasted. If you scout well enough and see the pyro coming it should be a easy kill. Pyro is a glasscannon as I stated before. If you get caught by sneak pyro, then its not your fault. But if you get caught by a pryo coming at you straight and lose, then you need to check yourself out then go back in.

Nopony is perfect in anything that they do. There is going to be things that you mess up on and learning from them is how you get better. Just sitting back and QQing about it does nothing except make you look like a whiner. Nopony likes a whiner. So says the Diamond Dogs.

And yet, in that very episode, Rarity used whining as a very effective weapon to DEFEAT the diamond dogs.

Squeaky wheel gets the grease after all.

Anyway my big problem with the phlog is the 6 seconds of virtual invincibility, because I can never tell when it ends. I've laid 3 stickies right under the pyro, waited 'til he starts moving, detonated, and done 30 damage. The invulnerability should end when the taunt ends, right? GUESS NOT.

The defense increase is dropped when he is able to attack. He can move with the defense increase for 1 1/2 seconds. That can really make a moment.

The Phlogo is going to be just like the machina: Alot of QQ at first with a dash of class cannibalism. Then they figure out a huge flaw in the weapon that users of the weapon have been telling eveyone at the start. But by then we are going to get a Strange Phlogo and we are going to flutter right back to it.

Or at least thats what I think. Further study is required. All I can say is that if hes all mmph'd up, distance yourself before attacking.

Always willing to lend a hand to friends and pony commrades. Also mmph'd pyros sometimes get greedy and bum straight. Grenade Launcher is your friend against Heavies,Soliders and Glasscannons.

Most pyros who use the phlog will just run straight at you. If I get the idea the pyro is dumb enough to just WM1 I'll hit them with grenades for sure.

I've actually got almost 200 hours logged on demo so I know the basics, it was just the phlog thing that baffled me because I thought there might be something with lag going on or that the pyro only had 1 second of invulnerability after the taunt is over. 1 and a 1/2 just seems weird but w/e

Edited by Dollop of Mayo

I have more of a supportive scout, with Mad Milk, Scattergun and either Candycane/Fan O' War, this has proven to be quite useful to the rest of the team when preforming assaults with multiple people.

Alright, like I said before just glad to help the pony folk.

P.S Sorry if I came off as a grumpypuss yesterday. I was tired from staying up all weekend with no sleep. None at all. So I will be back to my cheerful troll-pinkie with a touch of twilight after im done writing a new fanfic.

Is it wrong that my new favored soldier build is vanilla launcher, buff banner, and disciplinary action? I've noticed it really helps out the team even if it cuts down on my own self-support. I've moved entire teams across the map with the whip when the tele goes down as well as In a fight I'll whip an ally and resume launcher so I can have increased maneuverability(or attempt to humiliate one of them by whip killing. :P) and it's often saved allies by giving burning players the speed needed to reach a health source in time.

and of course the buff banner is obvious. free minicrits for all? credit to team.

Pyro is just so awesome.

Two guys were badmouthing phlog yet again calling it broken. So I challenged them to to use it and I went soldier. When I dominated them they finally got it. Phlogo can't airburst... It's like what i've been saying all along...

1 person likes this

Pyro is just so awesome.

Two guys were badmouthing phlog yet again calling it broken. So I challenged them to to use it and I went soldier. When I dominated them they finally got it. Phlogo can't airburst... It's like what i've been saying all along...

Huzzah! Someone give this man a medal!

with the amazing airblast you can:

* reflect rockets back at soldiers

* reflect stickies and grenades back at demos

* push a pyro away from your teammates, and extinguish fires

* push an ubered medic away from his target, or keep them pinned in a corner so they can't move

** if you're very skilled or lucky you can reflect arrows and jarate back at snipers

** if you're godlike you can reflect lv3 sentry rockets

that's somewhere between 4 to 6 classes the airblast gives you counters and options against! all instantly gone by using the phlog

well at least you can still spycheck.... unless they have a spycicle, doh

Not to mention that training wheel heaves are instantly lost the moment they get airbursted. As a soldier, I got a manthreads kill because the degreaser pyro wasn't fast enough. I admit I lol'd.

Strange manthreads would be a funny ass weapon.

i refuse to go to soldier or heavy just to get easy kills im gonna do a rocky montage and get my skills up

i refuse to go to soldier or heavy just to get easy kills im gonna do a rocky montage and get my skills up

Soldier is one of the best classes in the game. You get good as a Solly and you be gettin' herra kills.

1 person likes this

Also after using the Phlog, me and Drayne-O have come to an agreement. Pyros that main Degreaser (such as Drayne-O and I) tend to suck major dick with the Phlog due to having to adjust to no airblast. People who use the Backburner or just W+M1 tend to do better cause they barely use airblast anyway. This seems pretty obvious on paper but it was especially jarring when I got out there myself with the Phlog and ate all kinds of damage.

That is why I think the Phlog is okay (except for the 90% damage reduction when taunting).

Also after using the Phlog, me and Drayne-O have come to an agreement. Pyros that main Degreaser (such as Drayne-O and I) tend to suck major dick with the Phlog due to having to adjust to no airblast. People who use the Backburner or just W+M1 tend to do better cause they barely use airblast anyway. This seems pretty obvious on paper but it was especially jarring when I got out there myself with the Phlog and ate all kinds of damage.

That is why I think the Phlog is okay (except for the 90% damage reduction when taunting).

I really think that damage reduction needs to go. it get's used way to much as a life saving crutch and, hell, insurance for point capping. If they got rid of it at least it would require some strategizing with phlog instead of pure faceroll.

Although, nothing makes me laugh harder, and them madder, when they try to use that on me to save themselves and I get a medic/huntsman taunt kill. And if that's too risky, uber saw him during the taunt and pop uber when he finishes.

i gave up the stickies for the chargin targe. It comes in handy for gettin to the battle or comin at an enemy scout with my big sword, which is also the one you can't unsheith until u get a kill, so they balance the other out.

My demoman build has always been classic demopan. g launcher, charge, pan, strong bad's glasses and the bounty hat. I hate the sticky launcher and I've gotten good enough with the g launcher that I can destroy engi nests with it better. not to mention how often I get direct hits with it now. Nothing more fun than capping a point after panning everyone on it to death.

Sticky launcher is your scout B&B. Most scouts spam jump and don't know where they land, but you will.

Or just run up in your face to make you blow yourself up with your stickies. It's happened to me many times and I've done it to fellow Demomen :>