imGummy

YouTube Tutorial Ideas and Help

25 posts in this topic

Ok! I got a super cool idea. This is in the raw, but I attend to Make a series of youtube video's on tips and tricks with the server. Well not completely "I". I will need some help. Most of what I could do is make fancy artwork for it. Filming gameplay and setting up key situations during said gameplay. Is where my mind struggles to formulate an idea on how to do this.

If you have an idea or want to help out, That would be cool. It would be nice if I could form a team so we can work on this. Friendship is magic and a team can take a fortress ^^ .  

Totally down for this. Maybe up. Being down would imply being in a lower mood... So I'm up for it then.

I could camera, but I'll leave that to others, as my gameplay suffers severe FPS drops (but the video itself doesn't). I know a bunch of tricks (THAT AREN'T EXPLOITS - *cough*batouttahell*cough*) which are nice as well. I'd be down to show them to some players; Don't forget that some tricks do require some skill level, so if there is a series we need to be sure to label the tricks and such accordingly.

Team name should totally be 'Team Team Fortress 2 Versus Ponyville' because it's long and has two teams in it.

1 person likes this

Totally down for this. Maybe up. Being down would imply being in a lower mood... So I'm up for it then.

I could camera, but I'll leave that to others, as my gameplay suffers severe FPS drops (but the video itself doesn't). I know a bunch of tricks (THAT AREN'T EXPLOITS - *cough*batouttahell*cough*) which are nice as well. I'd be down to show them to some players; Don't forget that some tricks do require some skill level, so if there is a series we need to be sure to label the tricks and such accordingly.

Team name should totally be 'Team Team Fortress 2 Versus Ponyville' because it's long and has two teams in it.

So here's my question: who here can Rarity?

So here's my question: who here can Rarity?

Don't you mean who can't Rarity? Other than than, I must reply with possibly.

I would like to help in any way possible. Tell me if you need me, and if I am online and not really busy, I will be glad to help.

Well One thing's  for sure, I'm not narrating the step buy step stuffs I'll suck at it xD. If you could do that that would be great. Also could use a special sound effects guy that could add extra sounds such as, ripping sound for when rag dolls do splits xD. Last thing we could really use is someone who can edit all this stuff into a nice package. Proubly the most important thing :3   

I have Sony Vegas (Amazing editing software), so i could edit if you want me to. But how are you going to do certain situations for tips? I mean, not everyone on the server will cooperate. 

I would like to help in any way possible. Tell me if you need me, and if I am online and not really busy, I will be glad to help.

Well One thing's  for sure, I'm not narrating the step buy step stuffs I'll suck at it xD. If you could do that that would be great. Also could use a special sound effects guy that could add extra sounds such as, ripping sound for when rag dolls do splits xD. Last thing we could really use is someone who can edit all this stuff into a nice package. Proubly the most important thing :3   

Kenyon would be the best person to do the narrating, because why not?

I have Sony Vegas (Amazing editing software), so i could edit if you want me to. But how are you going to do certain situations for tips? I mean, not everyone on the server will cooperate. 

record at all times till u got the shots u need for film but cant play and record while server is down :l

Gona put this idea on hold. I'm a little disappointed in how a good community Leader was told to not give a **** about this community/ server. I'm heartbroken right now and I don't feel......motivated to do anything for the community atm ;~; 

Edited by imGummy

Gummy, Torky is a "Community Leader" to the same extent I am. We've both been here forever and a day (In community time, at least,) and know many of the admins, and people are apparently influenced by the shit we say.

But we hold no power over you guys. Torky is not the community. I am not the community. If we're giving you shit, it means we're just being dickbags, not that "the dream is dead, community over, everyone go home".

Seriously, if you want to do a YouTube thing for the community, go right on ahead! Hell, if you need some form of announcer/narrarator, that's kind of my thing. Drop me a message, and I'll be happy to help.

Edited by MrKenyon

Gummy, Torky is a "Community Leader" to the same extent I am. We've both been here forever and a day (In community time, at least,) and know many of the admins, and people are apparently influenced by the shit we say.

But we hold no power over you guys. Torky is not the community. I am not the community. If we're giving you shit, it means we're just being dickbags, not that "the dream is dead, community over, everyone go home".

Seriously, if you want to do a YouTube thing for the community, go right on ahead! Hell, if you need some form of announcer/narrarator, that's kind of my thing. Drop me a message, and I'll be happy to help.

we da best

we da best

Reawie @.@

So yeah, I heard you want to start showing the Versus Ponyville Server to Youtube ay? Alright so I have a friend who's already started to record of the random and down right crazy moments that go on in the server and I would suggest you go and ask him for help. I could maybe help out my self as a test dummy when we (if we do) begin to record the strategy guide for each hale on the server. Here's a link to my friend's Steam account and even a little vid of how another VSH server is promoting itself on the web. Hope I could help!

My Steam Account:http://steamcommunity.com/id/spookyscout/

Friend's Steam Account:http://steamcommunity.com/id/ohyoufinallyfoundmex3

Video Example:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spGD8q2xfVc&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PLD26A8B543C6B019D

The quality is horrible, the guy lacks to entertain the viewer and he seems repeat what he said before again and again.

4/10

Also:

Necromancy is bad, kids.

1 person likes this

It is kind of a shame the original plan never got off the ground, though. Lord knows I could use more voice work to boost my ego. we could use a fun video to promote the community a bit.

1 person likes this