OverDose

Should I stay or go?

12 posts in this topic

Title says it all. I'm currently in the middle of deciding if I should stay a part of the VSP servers I'm frequently on, or the community altogether.

I've been with you guys for a long time now, if you know it or not. I don't tend to post about myself or my thoughts often, except in the TF2 section. There's a bunch of great servers and I really enjoying playing on them. Problem is, I've been having a lot of thoughts about leaving this server recently, and if you know me/talked to me recently you'd know why. It's been a great time, but the past little while, not so much. I will not be mentioning the reasons why I would stay or why I would leave for quite a few reasons.

As of right now, no final decision has been made, and I may be on a lot less frequently than normal until I do finalize the decision. I know quite a few people who have already left, and I may join them, but for now I feel like I'm standing at a fork in the road and forced to make a decision.

If I do quit Ponyville, I may end up quitting TF2 altogether. That goes for just the server or even the community.

Anybody's opinions on my current stance would be appreciated, be it either positive or negative.

I am at the same situation, i have been on this server for a very long time, i have seen people come and go for the very same reason as above.

I have donated a lot to this server, i have loved my time here. It has helped me through the worst moments of my life, the people are amazing and it used to be a lot of fun. But now, i feel like the server is getting worse. An even bigger problem is that i have no other place to go if i quit. Twi empire isn't my cup of tea and that poniponiponi one is a friendly fest.

My next year may be my worst and i was hoping this server and it's people will help me through it. But it may not even come to that.

A lot of people have left for perfectly understandable reasons. I may join them or i may not.

Edited by Crusty Skunk

I mean, it's your decision to make if you want to quit the servers or not. It's not something you're supposed to commit to or anything of the sort. it's a place to gather with your friends to have fun. There's no obligation or strings attached to it, and there's no reason for any kind of exit. Just do what you want to to have fun, and if that involves quitting the VSP servers that's fine too. I'd be sad to see you go, and i'm sure a lot of your friends would feel the same way. 

I mean, it's your decision to make if you want to quit the servers or not. It's not something you're supposed to commit to or anything of the sort. it's a place to gather with your friends to have fun. There's no obligation or strings attached to it, and there's no reason for any kind of exit. Just do what you want to to have fun, and if that involves quitting the VSP servers that's fine too. I'd be sad to see you go, and i'm sure a lot of your friends would feel the same way. 

It's more about leaving the community if I quit, if I stay as part of the community I'll get too many reminders of reasons why I did quit (if that's what I choose to do in the end).

You will be missed, it is your decision to leave. I hope you will have fun, whereever you choose to shift your focus to, and that you don't forget friends you've made here!

You will be missed, it is your decision to leave. I hope you will have fun, whereever you choose to shift your focus to, and that you don't forget friends you've made here!

This is one of the reasons I don't want to go ;_; Because you guiz are so niec.

This is one of the reasons I don't want to go ;_; Because you guiz are so niec.

'xcept for Xenmas.  But Torky is so cute and snuggly-wuggly :3

2 people like this