Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Samoset

Appealing on behalf of a friend

15 posts in this topic

Heyo,
My friend TannerLC came to me upset about being banned from the ponyville vs server and asked me to appeal for him.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198091442489

This guy ^

Said he got introuble for doing too many /me commands in chat. I don't know if he deserved it or not, I'm inclined to side with the admins and say he deserved to get kicked, but I'd still like to appeal his complete banishment.

Well, I was in the server at the time, an he was not only repeatedly using the /me command at an annoying rate, but was also copy-pasting the messages trying to use !me instead of /me, creating a chat block that pretty much took over the entire chat.

Also, me and a couple people told him to stop MULTIPLE times, and he ignored us every. single. time. He had this coming. He was warned excessively, and kept going, not caring about others.

2 people like this

why cant your friend appeal his own damn ban

Why don't you appeal to your own sandviches then Torky!

Why can't you just not get shot.

Well, when an admin first kicks a player, when I could have banned for ignoring me, I consider that to mean I gave the person a significant chance to avoid a ban.

Your friend calling me an "Asshole" for kicking him gave me a good laugh honestly.

Next time, when I say to stop the romantic roleplay, it means: Stop the romantic roleplay.

By the way, did he look at the length of his ban? It's 3 days.

Yeeeaaah, I'm not reversing that ban.

Also, for an appeal, it's much more considerable when the banned user does it themself.

1 person likes this

I can't really say the fact that it being a 'romantic' roleplay that really bothered me (it was a nuisance, but tolerable.. for a bit), but it turned into a spam of copy-paste.

"TannerLC has died! The only way to revive them is a passioned kiss..."

That becomes very irritating to see in the chat, especially when spammed. Everyone saw the message the first time, the extra 3 messages PER ROUND are unneeded.

Now, given that this was a mere 3-day ban, I can speak for myself in saying I'm not removing the ban.

I hope your friend also realizes that calling admins A-holes is a terrible idea.

1 person likes this

Roleplay on a sandbox map (like Ponyville San Jose's Votemap) is tolerated to a degree. However, excessive roleplay shouldn't be going on during a normal match as it interferes with regular gameplay and discussion for the majority of people on the server.

I was going to suggest taking roleplay to steam messages or something similar, but I'd feel bad forcing people to do this, as I do realize that there is a significant population of roleplayers on the server now.

What I could do is modify an existing plugin to provide players with an RP Chat on the side. They would just need to type /rp or something similar to say their RP messages. Other players could then enable or disable this chat as they saw fit.

xD
Yes, he is a squeaker.

And no, I don't blame you at all, meowser.
Well cool, thanks guys.

I appealed on his behalf because I have a crippling need to be helpful (kinda like applejack, lol) And I figured I'm both better at asking politically, and at reading forums than him. ;b

I'll give him a little talk about consideration for others.
If he gives you any trouble in the future, the banning of his sorry ass will be 100% Samo approved.

EDIT; After the little pep talk I had with him, he concluded he doesn't want to make a steam group and do his rp privatly but instead plans to either beg admins/moderators to alllow him to rp in chat. (or just plain rp)
I will not feel bad for him. Yay banhammers. *gets popcorn and settles in to watch the show*

Edited by Samoset

I'm normally fine with roleplay for the sake of, say jokes.

"Videogames380 wants to Rock the Boat (1/15). Type !rtb to join in!" (A year ago, any server with /me used to trick half the server into trying RTB)

"Videogames380 fired the confetti cannon!... it backfired"

Etc.

Roleplaying where people start kissing... Ehhh no thank you. I'm not a person who is easily disturbed, but I know by the time I am bothered, there is nearly almost always someone else who feels disrupted by it.

However Raini's idea of a /rp command is one I can agree with. Anyone who won't want to see it, won't have to, which is a good solution rather than trying to eliminate it..

Just as long as it doesn't take over /me entirely. I still use it once in a while .__.

Can we also throw in a /trade plugin command?  I know that trades make up a good part of the game, but repeatedly saying "Selling stranges pls friend me" in steam chat after someone said that they're not interested will get on someone's nerve.

Can we also throw in a /trade plugin command?  I know that trades make up a good part of the game, but repeatedly saying "Selling stranges pls friend me" in steam chat after someone said that they're not interested will get on someone's nerve.

The worst I've seen is "any1 want 2 trde?" being spammed by a guy. The same person then traded me 3 times. Every time, he put up like 3 weapons and a can of purple paint, and said "Brotherhood of arms?". God was this annoying. The only issue I have with the /rp and /trade chats would be the question: Will anyone actually use them? How will they know they exist?