Rainy

Introductions and Salutations

1896 posts in this topic

Since we are starting to get new members, I felt that an introduction thread was in order.

If you are new to the forum or would just like to say hello to everyone, please post here and tell us a little about yourself!

ABOUT ME
Most of you already know me, or at least know of me if you've been around the servers or the Ponyville Steam Group, which I founded and maintain. This community originated with my Ponyville: Friendship is AllTalk TF2 servers, which have since expanded to include Minecraft, Garry's Mod, and DayZ servers. I created the Ponyvote_Party Vote Map that you see on Ponyville California with Para as well as a few of the other things that you see around this community. I used to play TF2 on my servers at least 5 hours a day back when I was competitive, but recently I've been more preoccupied playing and streaming other videogames on Twitch.tv, where I am a Partner. If you ever need to get in touch with me in real-time outside of the forums, I'll usually be there. Other than videogames, I also enjoy coding and webdesign for fun, reading sci-fi or fantasy comics/novels (Berserk by Kentaro Miura being my favorite), and watching anything Star Trek (except Enterprise *shudder*).

THE FANDOM AND ME
You've all probably realized it by now, but I'm a big fan of My Little Pony! I grew up watching the original show and movies as a little girl and collected the toys. I'm even a bit of an equestrian in real life! One of the reasons I created my first TF2 server was that I'm as much in love with MLP:FiM as I am the online community that has evolved around it. It is remarkable to me that this show has managed to charm such a dedicated and eclectic fanbase in such a short period of time. Every day I discover creative and unique contributions that people have made to the fandom, which is why I feel so inspired to make a mark with my own servers by making them as pony-themed as possible!

I'm looking forward to meeting and playing with all of you. See you around~! :heart:

3 people like this

Hello everypony! I'm Jokerman100 AKA Kevin. I play lots of fun games such as TF2, Counter-Strike, etc. I also spend my time watching my favorite streams on Justin.tv. When I started watching MLP:FiM, I was like "I ain't watchin' this crap." But then my little sister said she likes ponies, so I showed her MLP:FiM and since then I've been watching it with her. My favorite TV shows are Adventure Time, Futurama, Family Guy, Transformers series and last but not least MLP:FiM. I'm from Europe, though I'm chinese. I hope I can make lots of friends on the TF2 Ponyville server and play with them. So far there are very friendly players on the server, and I like that. Other thing is, I would like to help this community to be as popular as possible. I've been advertising the server to everyone that I know in Europe. It's very cool that I have friends all across the world. Please, share your information too. I'm glad that I have a friendly community.

3 people like this

Umm...hello. I'm Forty (not my age) aka Laron, ima random black guy on the interwebs from Southern California that likes all things geeky/nerdy. I'm a internet junkie so when I'm not lurkin around, I'm just kicking back reading, gaming, watching movies or out around So Cal partying like a damn rock star. I don't see myself playing TF2 anytime soon but I do enjoy watching the gang play, which is good enough for me. Going to keep this short so any questions feel free to ask, I only look scary lol

3 people like this

Name's Kruger. Some of you *may* know me, though I'm sure Kruger isn't ringing any bells. So for those of you trying to figure out who this Kruger guy is, I'm also known as レインボーダッシュ on TF2.

A bit about me: I'm a Brony to the core. Extremely happy to be a part of the herd. My younger sister thinks I'm weird, but I could care less if she doesn't understand why I like this show. I'm also an audioholic. Listening to music 24/7. Also and Epic Games, Inc. fan boy (Unreal Tournament).

I'm also a webmaster... sort of. Code is a bit intimidating to me, I'll mess with it if I have to, but I've screwed a couple times before, and that's never fun, since you have to go into the server itself and modify the code there, are reload a backup. But a friend of mine is learning to become a coder and programmer, so I let him deal with everything under the hood. But all in all, it turns out fine. Here's a link for you curious people: NVerse. I do have another website planned out; however, construction on that has stopped for the time being, but it'll serve as a sister site to my main website, and this sister site will be dedicated to our Equestrian friends.

I'm more old school. Though I find TF2 extremely fun, I will always love Unreal Tournament. I'm not much of a Quake fan (I do play it). Now, don't get me wrong, I love TF2, I just really love UT and will always have a place in my heart for UT. TF2 is on it's way to earning a spot also, but since I grew up with UT, it's a bit harder for TF2.

Most used TF2 character is Pinkie Pyro. Pinkie Pie isn't my favorite character; in fact, I choose not to play favorite's when it come to a show as awesome as FiM. Second most used character is Twilight Sniper. Sniper's are awesome (Blame UT's epic head shots). But yes, Pinkie Pyro shall remain my most used character. Third most used is Soldier, but I believe Engineer will soon take that position.

Side note: You can thank Rainicorn for getting me to join. Considering the circumstances, it's a bit strange. It all started with a friend request on Steam. That's right, a friend request. Odd how I ended up here... isn't it? OK, maybe not, but still.

That's all I can think of to say. I tend forget to mention stuff sometimes... Anyway, if you have any questions, just ask.

Edited by Kruger
2 people like this

Eh, I've been really digging you guys here in Ponyville and being a recent fan of the show, this place seems like a nice niche to associate with. So, let's get this train wreck a'rolling:

I'm Edward Lapine. 23 year old male. I started TF2 shortly after it came on the Xbox 360 (no good gaming PC when I was stationed in Fort Sam Houston). I'm primarily a Medic (fairly aggressive one at that, especially with the ubersaw), Heavy, And Soldier. I consider myself fairly decent and a teamplayer (TF2 is serious business after all). At the moment, TF2 is what I've been playing to scratch my gaming itch.

Personal Life? I work as a Critical Care Paramedic (CC-NREMT-P) for 2 24 hour shifts each week. I plan to eventually go into medical school or maybe PA school within a year or two. I love my job, it hardly feels like work... And only working two days a week is swell. I live with my boyfriend in a nice 2 bedroom apartment. I suppose I consider myself a furry (brown cottontail rabbit) and I occasionally fursuit, attend meets and Anthrocon. I'm big into music and making music... I play piano mainly and a few other instruments. I bought a Roland Gaia SH-01 synthesizer a month ago and I love it. I was a combat medic/68W in the US Army, I'm into exercising/working out and I'm a bit of a computer/tech geek.

So yeah, life is swell for me right now albeit dull (when not working). You guys in Ponyville have all been pretty cool with me so far and I hope all goes well between us.

1 person likes this

Hey. My name is David :P... i am from Lithuania*(google it if want :D)....favorite things is anime i am much in it most in romance,action,comedy... i am 14 years old and my Bday is May 7 so yeah i hope get presents from you guys :D ........ i am in tf2 too because it was best fps but Valve destroyed that title....i hate ppl who thinks they are ponys... i like ponys i dont minde if someone is fan of it but then thy post every forum they are ponys and then have partners ponys and they do all sorts of things like ponys it is creepy and not realy that funy or cute.... if you one of them plz think about it because if you like ponys it dont meen you are pony or you should be.... find friends(i dont say you dont have them) go outside hang out with them. Talk about ponys they are cool but we need stop that thing about ppl who think they are ponys and everyone because of them make fun of ponys and ponie's show................................. LaTeR GuYs...... SeE YoU SoOn

Hi Everypony :heartbeat: I'm Nytemare AKA Kyler, I like playing alot of Online games Like, Team Fortress 2, Counter-Strike, Call of Duty, ect. I also go on Justin TV to watch my fav games. I am just now getting into MLP, and I'm also liking it.( :spin: ) I have a couple friends that watch the show, they told me it was a great show and i didn't really believe them because i thought it was only for little girls. Now I'm really liking it, My Favs are Family Guy, MLP, Fosters Home For Imaginary Friends, American Dad. Now a little about myself, I am 16 years old, I live in Alaska...But Im from Nevada, I am part Italian/Black...Great mix I'ma right? :flip: ....I think i covered everything...Oh wait one more thing, I'm Glad/Happy that there is a Loving/Friendly Community such as this

Later Ponies. :heartbeat:

Hi Everypony :heartbeat: I'm Nytemare AKA Kyler, I like playing alot of Online games Like, Team Fortress 2, Counter-Strike, Call of Duty, ect. I also go on Justin TV to watch my fav games. I am just now getting into MLP, and I'm also liking it.( :spin: ) I have a couple friends that watch the show, they told me it was a great show and i didn't really believe them because i thought it was only for little girls. Now I'm really liking it, My Favs are Family Guy, MLP, Fosters Home For Imaginary Friends, American Dad. Now a little about myself, I am 16 years old, I live in Alaska...But Im from Nevada, I am part Italian/Black...Great mix I'ma right? :flip: ....I think i covered everything...Oh wait one more thing, I'm Glad/Happy that there is a Loving/Friendly Community such as this

I AM NOT PONIE I LIKE PONES :D :heartbeat:

I AM NOT PONIE I LIKE PONES :D :heartbeat:

:unsure: Sorry :heartbeat:

Hi there. I'm Wudz. I can either be really wordy or really quiet, depending on the subject. Expect both.

I play video games and watch cartoons, and sometimes plays video games on servers related in some way to those cartoons.

I hail from Michigan, which is pretty cool in some places, but not in a lot more (on a related note, if you ever get a chance to go to either Hell or Paradise, go for Hell since it's apparently an actual place that you can get to where Paradise is a pitstop in the UP with a hotel near Lake Superior. Completely not worth it.) If you ever get up to Charlevoix or Torch Lake (#3 most beautiful lake in the world according to National Geographic, and I agree), though, you're in for a good time.

I don't really do forums much anymore*, but I'll probably hang around to keep up on The Haps every once in a while.

* - paid $10 to join forums in 2005, haven't posted once. Yeah.

Edited by Wudz

Greetings everypony! =)

I've started to play at the ponyville TF2 server recently & I enjoyed it so much, that I decided to join the forum too. I'm not actually a fan of MLP (I hope, I won't get banned for such a heresy!), but the atmosphere at the server is so great (and fun, and friendly, and stuff) that it became basically my favorite one!

So there is some words about me: My real name is Vlad (Yep! Like Dracula, how cool is that?). I'm 23 years old and I'm a Master of History. I live and work in Lublin, Poland (and yes, every dancing in Poland is poledancing!). I like movies, music, art and good literature. And of course videogames! A lot! I'm actually more cRPG platyer, but when TF2 became F2P, I thought "What a heck! Let's give it a try!". And i liked it! =) In my free time, I also like to play some classic Pen-and-paper RPG, some board games (like Star Craft or Shadows over the Camelot) or even participate in some reenacting (S.P.Q.R. or GTFO!).

Well that's all for now! =)) See ya in battle!

Edited by mad_trucker

Hey there everypony!

I'm Dreynbow Dash/Dreytaloo! I change my name quite a lot, haha. But I'll always go by my real name of Phoenix! Yes, really!

Anyways, I'm a college student working towards a degree in Computer Forensics, a parkour enthusiast, and all-out pony fan from Central Pennsylvania. I found myself spending loads of time on the Ponyville TF2 server lately, so I only saw fit that I should donate a bit towards the server, and just now.. well, join the forums and get into the community a bit more.

Hope to see ya'll around!

Hi everypony.

Some of you have probably seen me on the servers - I'm FlutterJun, a combination of my favorite pony (Fluttershy) and my online name (Jun). Sometimes my name shows up as Tenshi Hinanai, but I usually change it to FlutterJun before entering the server.

My real name I don't like very much, so just call me Jun. My hobbies include video games, anime, and ponies. I used to be incredulous about this whole pony thing, but Mew pressured me into watching it. At first I was like "No way I'll enjoy this, but what the heck." But then, after watching a few episodes, I grew to enjoy the show. Though I think the thing I love the most about MLP is the fanbase. The gaming and anime fandom tends to be characterized by a lot of elitism and hate - something I can't say I'm completely free from either. But all of that barely exists among bronies, and I hope it stays that way.

Anyway, I'm 17, planning on majoring in Computer Engineering, live in Cali, etc.

And oh yes. I'm in a relationship with Mewlight Sparkle, my soulmate, lover, and best friend in the world.

Edited by FlutterJun

Yo everypony

I'm that well known Mewlight Sparkle :3

I like anime.

I love MLP, especially Twilight Sparkle and Rarity.

I am currently borrowing Rarity's Diamond Cutter. You'll see when I backstab you at the server.

I'm in a relationship with FlutterJun like he said, and I LOVE HIM MORE THAN PONIES.

Okay not sure what else to add. .-.

Greetings and hello. I uh, I play on that there TF2 server, think it's got some fancy bits and I know a lot of people there so I gave it a lil' donation and figured I'd sneak around and hang out with some other people as well. I'm not exactly good at introductions but those of you who DON'T know who I am, I hope to get in better touch with soon. :)

Hi all.

I've been wondering if there was a decent pony forum around, but I usually need more than one topic to exist on a forum to get me really into it. Luckily TF2 has its own section here, and being the game I have dumped the most of my free time into among my library, I think I can get on board with this forum.

I was on the server a bit last night, as A SONIC RAINBOOM!, but that name may change.

Another major interest of mine is Magic the Gathering. I'm a judge of the game, if anyone knows or cares what that means. I doubt any of you are active on the GatheringMagic.com forums, but if you are then I am the same Kino from that forum.

I graduated from RPI this year and am currently working with a start up company developing aps for iPhone and related devices and Android devices.

That's about it. I'll see you around!

Hello all! I am the being known as TGYR. That's The Great Yoshi Rider if you care, it's pronounced tuh-JEER. I'm also occasionally known as 5ir 1337. I discovered MLP when a friend told me it was bad, I watched it and loved it, then convinced said friend that it was amazing, and now we're both bronies.

I stumbled upon the TF2 server, loved all the people and loved the server itself, so I figured I might as well join the community.

I'm currently going to school studying History, eventually going to move into Law.

My hobbies include video games, comic books, spriting, tabletop games, watching cartoons, and most of all reading. My favorite books are the Hitchhiker's Guide books, Harry Potter, anything by Daniel Quinn, and Mogworld. I also enjoy baking cupcakes, and have several books on that as well.

You can find me around the web on Youtube, tons of forums, Smackjeeves, and maybe some other places if I happen to like the place.

That was kind of a long winded introduction...

I hope I fit in here, though I suppose that's inevitable when the site's banner says that people will love and tolerate the shit out of me. So That's my story, and hello again!

Edited by TGYR

Heyo, Im Fox. If you know me, Im 99% sure its from the Ponyville Server

I spend alot of time there, trying to help out more and more.

I also set the Forum as my Homepage, So I can post more.

Uhh.

I main Soilder and Spy..

.. :|

Hi.

Uhh.

I main Soilder and Spy..

Hi.

...There is only room for one fox around these parts! WE MUST DUEL TO THE DEATH!

Uhh.

I main Soilder and Spy..

Hi.

...There is only room for one fox around these parts! WE MUST DUEL TO THE DEATH!

Ahh... A Worthy enemy! I worn you know, OTHER Fox. I will love and tolerate the shit out of you before you even have the chance to return fire!

hey there, my (user)name is randomguy my real name is carlos (if anyone cares :FOREVERALONE: )

I play at the tf2 server

my "main" classes are soldier,medic and sniper

I hate scouts

I suck at engie

I like anime, bleach overall

Hey.

I'm Andy. I live in California, and enjoy a multitude of things, such as video games, longboarding, tinkering with automobiles/engines, and playing music. I have yet to play on the TF2 server, as I was just looking to join a MLP forum, but I did recently get into PC gaming after having a PS3 for almost 2 years. I do love playing TF2 and Brink though, as well as Minecraft (I have my own server). I am also sort of an audiophile (Sr60i <3).

I didn't watch MLP growing up, but after I found about it recently, I fell in love with it. I consider one of the best shows out there.

Also, I'm sort-of fluent in speaking Russian. Not too good on reading and writing it though.

Yo Guys!

I'm Kuni and pleasure to be part of this place!

I'm a total whore for Team Fortress 2 as you may imagine~ and after quite abit of coaxing I finnaly watched MLP a monthish back..Needless to say I'm ready for season 2! :P Anyway if I'm not playing on Steam I can be found the PS3 practicing the hell out of fighting games (Total junkie) or doing some arts. Actually, I think I'm starting to get the hang of drawing MLP stuff while on the tangent~.

Hmm..I also main Demoman and Scout. Anyways pleasure to meet and see you guys on the server!