Cinnamon Groove

Toys, Toys, Toys!

93 posts in this topic

Since the (original intended) point of the show was primarily to sell plastic, let's discuss the toys.

What's in your Pony Collection?

Who should they make into toys in the future?

What do you like about this (figure? doll?) or that playset?

What should Hasbro change in their product?

And anything else plastic-related (also the occasional plush)

Discuss!

I've got the basic models of the Mane Six. Probably my biggest complaint with them is that the animal pets that come with them make no sense, for the most part. Applejack does come with a reasonable approximation of Winona, and Fluttershy does come with a white rabbit that passes for Angel. Twilight does come with a bird; it might even be an owl. But it's the same colors as Twilight, purple on lavender. Huh?

Pinkie Pie has a yellow mouse instead of Gummy, and Rarity has a blue chick thing that looks like Tweetie Bird and Papa Smurf's love child. No Opal.

Oh, I actually have the RD with the light up wings instead of the basic model. So no pet there, though the basic model does come with a squirrel, so I'm not sure what's up there either.

Aside from the pets, the basics are okay. They look mostly like the show, mostly, and they sit on a shelf and look pretty.

I'm a bit of a collector, myself. I'm not ashamed to admit, once I got hooked on ponies, I just HAD to go out and collect them all.

I got the Mane six, Spike, the Princesses, and Sweetie Belle.

I got Fluttershy, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and Rarity in single packs. The princesses were in a two-pack that my roombrony got for me (he also got me one or two of the singles).

I got Twilight with Spike and the Baloon. I find the music the baloon plays to be very soothing.

I got Pinkie Pie in a Swet shop pack with Sweetie Belle. I love the accessories that come with them. Little treats, and a cash register. Oh, and the gumball machine was awesome.

I've heard about a series of figurines sold in blind bags that are supposed to be accurate to the show. But, I've not seen them anywhere. I would like to have a set of the Mane Six that are more accurate to the show, but if I can't find them, I can't buy them.

I'm a bit of a collector, myself. I'm not ashamed to admit, once I got hooked on ponies, I just HAD to go out and collect them all.

I got the Mane six, Spike, the Princesses, and Sweetie Belle.

I got Fluttershy, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and Rarity in single packs. The princesses were in a two-pack that my roombrony got for me (he also got me one or two of the singles).

I got Twilight with Spike and the Baloon. I find the music the baloon plays to be very soothing.

I got Pinkie Pie in a Swet shop pack with Sweetie Belle. I love the accessories that come with them. Little treats, and a cash register. Oh, and the gumball machine was awesome.

My friend, you've got it bad. :)

Unfortunately, I've pretty much run out of canon ponies to collect.

I may get a Cheerilee at some point, but I reuse to get the non-canon repaints that Hasbro spewed out recently.

I also saw of an Applebloom/ Sweetie Belle two pack. I'm still on the hunt for that, as I want the Applebloom.

I've heard about a series of figurines sold in blind bags that are supposed to be accurate to the show. But, I've not seen them anywhere. I would like to have a set of the Mane Six that are more accurate to the show, but if I can't find them, I can't buy them.

Think the blind pack ones ended up in a big set. they were all-plastic (hair included) mini-figs.most of them looked accurate, but the Fluttershy was a Rainbow Dash repaint, and for that they lost a sale.

Oh bloody hell..

Why did I type My Little Pony into Etsy? Why?!

Edit: I managed to escape after only spending $10.

Edited by TwilightPixel

That Fluttershy doll is amazing, I'd definitely go outta my way to get it

(note that I hate going shopping)

iv got none :c and the item I was bidding on eBay is now rather expensive...

I don't have the guts to even dare go and see if we have any merch here where I live, heh.

But as Cinnamon said, them plushies would have been awesome, and perhaps more show accurate figures.

have you guys seen the new wave of figures?

They just changed colors on the mane six, and renamed them!

Still be good for a 'bizarro universe' collection.

They did make a scootaloo for G4!!!!

Saw it on ebay.

Apparantly, from what I saw, there was a variant to the Applebloom / Sweetie Belle 2-pack.

Said variant is a Scootaloo / Sweetie Belle 2-pack, only I think it still listed her as Applebloom.

But it was scoot, wings and all.

Yeah, I totally dropped mega-hints at Quill to get me a few pony patches from there for christmas. Now to play the waiting game....

Pony patches, like in jacket patches aka. the ones you see metalheads always having sewed on their jackets to promote their favorite bands? If yes, please tell me they ship outside the US!

Yeah, I totally dropped mega-hints at Quill to get me a few pony patches from there for christmas. Now to play the waiting game....

Pony patches, like in jacket patches aka. the ones you see metalheads always having sewed on their jackets to promote their favorite bands? If yes, please tell me they ship outside the US!

mmmyes!

http://www.etsy.com/...lery&ship_to=US

Don't know from shipping, though.

Edited by Cinnamon Groove

mmmyes!

http://www.etsy.com/...lery&ship_to=US

Don't know from shipping, though.

!omgosh

I can't thank you enough for redirecting me to this site man! Hopefully I will get my Paypal account up soon, and once I do there will be pony gear in my mail!

Also whenever I get the patches over here and sewed on I will probably post a picture or two of my heavy metal/pony jacket, it's going to be glorious I tell ya!

Edited by Nightmare Lyre
1 person likes this

Just showed hun the sea ponies from the old 80's movie... They freaked him out just a smidge... however he agreed the old toys were cute.

A friend of mine brought over her Gen 1 toys to show off the original Applejack and Rarity. So very different from the ponies I love. And so huge!

I told her Gen 1 ponies aren't real ponies. Ye gods, if looks could kill. :D

2 people like this