Cinnamon Groove

Toys, Toys, Toys!

93 posts in this topic

Quill collected ponies rom gen 1 through gen 3.5. Interesting turnabout that I'm collecting the G4 ones and she's not interested in them. But we both agree that ponyville ponies sucked, as they were tiny, and all the hair was plastic.

$%28KGrHqIOKkYE41U76%296-BOYoyqGVQ~~60_1_2778_1.JPG

And my mom got me this at the store last night. But I have to wait until Christmas day to open it.

I've also got my "A Cupcake is not a hat!" Shirt.

Is that... Pinkamena?

$%28KGrHqIOKkYE41U76%296-BOYoyqGVQ~~60_1_2778_1.JPG

And my mom got me this at the store last night. But I have to wait until Christmas day to open it.

I've also got my "A Cupcake is not a hat!" Shirt.

Is that... Pinkamena?

That's standard Pinkie. Her hair puffs back out after you get her out of the package.

That's standard Pinkie. Her hair puffs back out after you get her out of the package.

Although now you've got me tempted to try gluing a Pinkie figures mane down into Pinkamena. Hmmm....

Hair spray? Glue? Not sure...

Although now you've got me tempted to try gluing a Pinkie figures mane down into Pinkamena. Hmmm....

Hair spray would seem the less messy of the two options. Not sure how it work on fake manes like that though.

Also, totally post an image of it if you do that. :)

Hair spray would seem the less messy of the two options. Not sure how it work on fake manes like that though.

Will do if I do.

Will do if I do.

Do NOT use hairspray on pony hair! It doesn't really hold, all it does is make the hair sticky and nasty.

Here's the guide I'm planning to use, doesn't cover pinkemena, but the principles in it could be applied.

1 person likes this

Do NOT use hairspray on pony hair! It doesn't really hold, all it does is make the hair sticky and nasty.

Here's the guide I'm planning to use, doesn't cover pinkemena, but the principles in it could be applied.

Cinnamon Groove, your Google-fu may be as strong as mine. Doumo arigato.

Heh, I've actually been holding onto that site since before I came to Ponyville. Been putting it off, though, think it's because I'm worried I'll screw something up. Never worked with pony hair.

Heh, I've actually been holding onto that site since before I came to Ponyville. Been putting it off, though, think it's because I'm worried I'll screw something up. Never worked with pony hair.

Yeah, but ponies are $5. I think it'd be worth going through a few to get them looking that good. :)

Probably my biggest complaint with them is that the animal pets that come with them make no sense, for the most part. Applejack does come with a reasonable approximation of Winona,

I was buying that today.

Saw one of those puzzle playsets the other day. (the Pinkie Pie one). Don't want to collect the minifigs, though, until they make a proper Fluttershy, and not just a Rainbow Dash repaint.

Just received a belated Christmas present. A set of cutie mark pins for the Mane Six.

Woot! Flair for my bag. :D

Very cool!

I got one of these on the way

il_fullxfull.258689921.jpg

Edited by Cinnamon Groove

Here's a quick guide for new collectors:

Royal Ball at Canterlot Castle: Target Exclusive (I think) $33.79

ApplejackFIMball_M_hasbro.jpg

This has the Mane Six plus Spike. The dresses are 120% wrong, but they look to be removable. This is a good way to get started, as far as figures go. Not much for accessories, but Spike can be hard to find.

Princess Celestia and Luna set: Target Exclusive (pretty sure) $11.99

51V7VqxwbJL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Ok, pink Celestia....but apparantly this is unnavoidable to-date. Hair clippy star, brush.

School pals and Cheerilee: (spotted on target.com) 14.99

tumblr_lra9hlxkX51qcoci5.jpg

Ok, still not really seeing any accessories, but 15 bucks for the CMC plus Cheerilee ain't bad.

This supposedly just came out, but I have yet to see it locally. I'll be watching though.

That list covers all of the ponies made thus far that have actually appeared in the show, and would be a great start to any collection.

A few other points of interest for the collectors out there

Twilight Sparkel's Twinkling Balloon (various) $10- $20

41Xy-NnY-PL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

This is also a good set to get Spike with. It retails at $19.99, but I found mine at a Big Lots for $10

The Ballon doubles as a musical nightlight, and I find the version of the theme song it plays to be very soothing.

Pinkie Pie & Sweetie Belle's Sweets Boutique (various) $9-$13

BE1F49CF5056900B108640ADA1E6AE94.jpg

Sweeitie Bell was the first of the CMC to be released. This set comes with a ton of cool sweets as accesories, including a checkout, a gumball machine (with little individual gumballs in it), and a three level shelf to put the treats on. I saw this at Wal-mart in the after-Christmas clearance for $9.

sadly all i have is My Rainbow Dash right now will get more soon though. And i have another Rainbow Dash on the way can't wait for it.

untill they look more like the show i won't get them

and MAKE MORE PLUSHIES

1 person likes this