36 replies to this topic

#1 Raini

Raini

Candy Coded

• Alicorns

Steam Profile

Posted 05 August 2011 - 09:05 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF9Zyu1d0qw&hd=1

This is a custom votemap that I made with Para to celebrate the launch of my new Ponyville San Jose server!
Watch the video to learn about the map and unique setup of this new server.

Download the map here: http://ponyville.net/ponyparty/map.rar

PLEASE NOTE: This map will ONLY work on the Ponyville TF2 servers!

Right now it is only running on Ponyville San Jose until I receive enough community feedback to add it to Ponyville Dallas.
If you want to see Ponyville Dallas running with this votemap setup, then vocalize it in this thread!

Ponyville - Friendship is AllTalk
San Jose, California
8.6.2.175:27015

Собственность Вити

#2 Dreynbow Dash

Dreynbow Dash

Blank Flank

• Bronies

Steam Profile

Posted 08 August 2011 - 12:39 AM

Looks like the map made it up to Equestria Daily! http://www.equestria...f2-pony-map.html

#3 Raini

Raini

Candy Coded

• Alicorns

Steam Profile

Posted 08 August 2011 - 12:58 AM

I submitted it and they posted it almost immediately! Wow!!!

I'm so happy, because everyone else I contacted about the map (like the Steam group) wouldn't post about it. XD

The server only had maybe 3-6 people on it the last few days. As soon as the Equestria Daily post went up, it got 24 players and hasn't dropped since!

BTW Dreynbow Dash, your avatar is adorable. <3

Собственность Вити

#4 Einsam

Einsam

That pony

• 20% Cooler

Posted 08 August 2011 - 01:57 PM

The equestria daily post is how i found out about the server. >_>

Edited by Einsam, 08 August 2011 - 01:58 PM.

!Scootaloo

#5 Raini

Raini

Candy Coded

• Alicorns

Steam Profile

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:54 PM

I really appreciate the post made by Equestria Daily. ^_^ The San Jose server was practically empty until that post went up. Now whenever I check the stats, there are around 15-20 people on average.

Some changes that were made to the map last night:

- NoEntry barricades to keep opposite team members out of specified Demoknight Jousting and Foursquare areas to prevent killing/griefing.
- Death pit with sawblades added between the jousting ramps for Demomen to fall into when they collide and fail to kill each other. It is actually possible to survive the drop too!
- Capture point added to voting area. It needs to be captured before voting can begin. Unlocks very quickly with 6 or more players standing on it.

I've posted a request/commission for a SourceMod plugin that will work directly with this map. If you are knowledgeable in coding for SourceMod, or know someone who is, please check it out here:

http://forums.allied...d.php?p=1528595

Собственность Вити

#6 EGOBloodNGore

EGOBloodNGore

Blank Flank

• Bronies

Posted 14 August 2011 - 06:40 PM

lol id go for the vote map thingy

i also think you guys should stick with the custom maps only and forget about all the other maps :P

Edited by EGOBloodNGore, 14 August 2011 - 06:43 PM.

#7 Phoenix Quill

Phoenix Quill

Blank Flank

• Bronies

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:37 AM

Am I the only one with this problem?
missing map KOTH_Twisted.bhp
Missing Map ponyvote_party_b8
these two maps keep saying I dont have them when I downloaded everything from all the links I can find on this site... What is wrong with my PC and the server?

#8 Einsam

Einsam

That pony

• 20% Cooler

Posted 17 August 2011 - 02:34 PM

Am I the only one with this problem?
missing map KOTH_Twisted.bhp
Missing Map ponyvote_party_b8
these two maps keep saying I dont have them when I downloaded everything from all the links I can find on this site... What is wrong with my PC and the server?

See http://forum.ponyvil...indpost__p__548
!Scootaloo

#9 Para

Para

!scootaloo

• 20% Cooler

Steam Profile

Posted 21 August 2011 - 02:11 PM

Going to add a randomizer to the votemap pretty soon, thanks to Axl. The map should lag less in the next version. I'm also considering creating a poll to see which maps people like or dislike on the votemap.

#10 Raini

Raini

Candy Coded

• Alicorns

Steam Profile

Posted 22 October 2011 - 11:08 PM

I made a mistake with the Halloweenie version of this map, Ponyvote_Moonparty.

I forgot to include the new banner image giving credit to all of the vector artists who's art I used to decorate the map.

Here is the correct banner if you guys were wondering who drew what art on the map:

Posted Image

If a name doesn't appear there for something, then it is because I drew/vectored it myself.

When Valve releases their new Halloween map, I will update Ponyvote_Moonparty to include this new banner. I will also replace the Ahoballs vote box with the new Halloween map.

Собственность Вити

#11 DrayneO

DrayneO

Oh! My dishes!

• 20% Cooler

Steam Profile

Posted 23 October 2011 - 06:51 AM

looks great! my only complaint is that the server's population seems to suffer because 80% of the time when loading the map after completing a map before it, you get a snapshot overflow and get disconnected. the second connect always works immediately, but the disconnection thing seems to sometimes cut the population of the server down a lot

#12 Raini

Raini

Candy Coded

• Alicorns

Steam Profile

Posted 23 October 2011 - 07:08 PM

I have no idea what causes the reliable snapshot overflow error. =(

Собственность Вити

#13 Whatever You Want

Whatever You Want

>she sees your deck

• 20% Cooler

Steam Profile

Posted 24 October 2011 - 12:00 PM

I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say that it is when many players are all trying to get onto the map at the same time, because it only ever seems to happen when there are more than about 10 players and when the map has only just changed to the votemap.

"As arrogant as it may sound, I feel above such crutches despite their potential helpfulness" - woodledoodledoodledoodle
"i was so piised i actually thought about suing the school for wasting my time" - blank
"i alienated my readership when i made celestia turn her poop into nutritious syrup and feed it to barack when they were starving in the wilderness" - flipflopfloop

#14 Smashing Good Time

Smashing Good Time

{SGT} Thanatos

• Bronies

Steam Profile

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:57 AM

I took the liberty of making a video (a replay, actually) of the Ponyvote Moonparty map. Don't worry, I haven't claimed any credit for it. But, uh, it's gonna be awkward if Raini or Para are already in the process of making a video, so I apologize in advance.

sorry...

Anyway, here's the video:

Should I submit this to Equestria Daily...? I don't know.

Edited by Smashing Good Time, 25 October 2011 - 08:57 AM.

Shin Megami Tensei: Pokemon with violent, bloodthirsty creatures. People actually die, too.

#15 Raini

Raini

Candy Coded

• Alicorns

Steam Profile

Posted 25 October 2011 - 09:59 AM

I like the video, but could you please not submit it to Equestria Daily? I was planning on making a video. I just haven't done it yet because I'm working on an optimized version of the map for when the new Halloween map from Valve goes live. The current version of the map on the server doesn't show the credit banner either which is very important since I'm using pony vectors that were drawn by other people.

Собственность Вити

#16 Whatever You Want

Whatever You Want

>she sees your deck

• 20% Cooler

Steam Profile

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:50 PM

On the next version of the map, could you make the signs for the voteable maps a bit brighter, because it is kind of difficult to see them at the moment.

"As arrogant as it may sound, I feel above such crutches despite their potential helpfulness" - woodledoodledoodledoodle
"i was so piised i actually thought about suing the school for wasting my time" - blank
"i alienated my readership when i made celestia turn her poop into nutritious syrup and feed it to barack when they were starving in the wilderness" - flipflopfloop

#17 Raini

Raini

Candy Coded

• Alicorns

Steam Profile

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:30 AM

Yes, I've already done that. The version on the server right now was put out as quickly as possible to correct lag. The only reason I haven't put the optimized version up is because I don't want to put people through downloading the map twice and I would need to update it again to include the new Halloween map from Valve once it goes live.

Собственность Вити

#18 Raini

Raini

Candy Coded

• Alicorns

Steam Profile

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:47 AM

Собственность Вити

#19 Alcina

Alcina

*Taps Server* Oh Horsefeathers... *watches server crash*

• 20% Cooler

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:49 AM

:D looking good!
It's time to buck ass and chew hay.
And I'm all out of hay.
♫♪.ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı.♫
Id rather live on Hooves than die on Feet.

#20 Trix

Trix

Wonderbolt

• 20% Cooler

Steam Profile

Posted 31 October 2011 - 03:10 PM

I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say that it is when many players are all trying to get onto the map at the same time, because it only ever seems to happen when there are more than about 10 players and when the map has only just changed to the votemap.

i still get the snapshot overflow error even when there are like five of us on. anyways, my understanding of it is that it has too many moving objects on the map. but i haven't found an answer from valve on the issue. no big deal to me really, i just reconnect and join back in on the fun.
Fluttershy is best pony.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Change Theme!