2079 posts in this topic

What i just read just gave me that feeling in the stomach that cries out loud with an outrageous Sheffield accent "SHITE!"

Look, i suck giving this kind of advice, but if i were you, i would go up to him, by god allow another punch if necessary, then do my best to square things. For what you wrote, he's my-dad-like mad, so i would proceed with caution, but not weirdly. Take it easy, make him know how ye feel, say that ye buggered up big time and that ye really did not mean it at all (basically, the truth). It might not get you to be together again, but will most certainly patch up both hearts.

Godspeed, good sir!

Point is, he obviously wants to keep your relationship on the down-low.

Even if some people already know, he still wants to keep it quiet. And he trusts you to do the same.

Even though your motives may have been pure, that stunt at the mall was not keeping it quiet, and that was a betrayal of his trust.

....You're right cinnamon.......Fuck i really did screw up..

Like I told you in chat Fluffy, you just gotta to apologize first and foremost.

Neither of you acted well in this scenario. You say he doesn't have rage issues. But obviously he wasn't communicating everything he felt. That led him to acting out like he did. But in turn, you reacted negatively to his anger, which just throws fuel on the fire.

While you're not pursuing a relationship, the feelings are still there. And effective communication is the most important part to any relationship. I don't think he illustrated to you how important keeping a low profile was, or perhaps you never understood. I know you aren't afraid to accept yourself for who you are, but he might have more difficulty with that, and you have to respect that as a friend. Like I said though, perhaps he never made it clear to you how important that was.

I can understand why you would be upset though. He was expressing hate for his feelings for you, and that would be incredibly hard to cope with. I don't want to sound preachy, but you both responded in anger, and that never leads to anything good.

I think, from what I can tell, he's just full of anger. I think that will pass in time. Just say your sorry, and give him some time to calm down.

We're here if you need anything buddy.

Guys above me said it best. I can't really add anything further to it but I'm compelled to at least repeat it still.

If you need anything we're here for you. I wish I saw your post earlier D: *was still streaming*

I'm a shattered shadow, something as rare,

as the changing of plain water, into a pear.

the tides of regret have swept me past.

the sandbar of hate, into the ocean of pain everlast.

You can't change before,

you can only try the future.

but you along can't open the door,

To go back to how you once were.

can you understand the message i send?

can i take my life and cause my end?

Does suicide really cause a mend?

..no it doesn't, just another bend.

I don't have words for how much I wish I could have been there and stopped this from happening Fluffy, but I will try and do my best to help you with the aftermath atleast. First of all, remember that no matter how bad things get, suicide never fixes anything as your poem so nicely said. To cope with the depression as of now I want you to try and think about the good things you still have in your life until you have calmed down enough to look the source of the pain in the eyes. Think about how you have a whole community behind you trying it's best to help you out because we all love you as a good friend, watch ponies and listen to either really sad or really happy music, depending on what helps you deal with being sad. Then when you have regained your strenght and is ready to face your troubles, we will be here cheering you on as best as we can.

Fluffy, you are a great person who have been victim of extremely bad luck. But don't let bad luck get the best of you my friend, fight the bad luck and be sure not to cut yourself down. I have faith in you and I truly belive that with some hard work you two could atleast become friends again. You have my best of wishes and I will always be here to listen to and support you.

I just hope he's a very forgiving heart. And if at all possible, I don't advise waiting until Monday to patch things up with him.

While I agree with more or less everything you said Cinnamon, I agree with this especially. Leaving it until Monday to apologise will cause problems and could potentially ruin your relationship. There are obvious errors on both sides here, he shouldn't have punched you for any reason (it is inexcusable unless the person actually deserves it) but you shouldn't have said what you said, but in the heat of the moment we all lose common sense.

I can't offer any help, but I think that all of the other posters in this thread have explained the situation well enough, as well as Rarity did in the chat (I didn't post anything but I was certainly lurking) earlier which he did great. You should take the advice given here. I hope you manage to resolve this issue Fluffy, good luck.

... I wrote this poem... i want to know if i should send it to him

Affliction

I cannot be myself, when you’re like this

Not another soul means as much to me.

But I will no longer fear your hiss,

Because of a shear fact you are unable to see.

Your mistake, was mine as well,

You are as equally to blame for our affliction.

I seek only to avert a hell,

That shall ruin the gift that is each other’s affection.

When that incident happened, I had no clue,

Of the terrible damage I had done to you.

A sacred trust I had unknowingly broke,

And now an internal rage you invoke.

You’ve shown a side not even I could forecast,

But don’t traverse into pain everlast.

You and I are bonded at the heart,

I beg you do not rip us apart.

Search the banks containing those times,

The times that were in no way tense.

Remove your rage and hear the chimes,

That restores you to your former benevolence.

I need say no more,

Because deep down I know you adore,

These thoughtful rhymes I write to express,

So you and I can suffer less and less.

Edited by Lord Fluffy

Well I am not the best with analysing poems myself, but it seemed like a pretty nice one to send him IMO. But before you do so, I would ask you to please look over it and see if there are perhaps some things that might be taken the wrong way and change them, and to wait for some of the other ponies here to look over it aswell.

Best of wishes my friend.

Oooooh, I got in a situation like this once. Basically my friend isn't too good with his parents, and he knew I was going to get an apartment room soon, so he asked me if he could move in with me. I told him I wouldn't be moving in for a while, when actually it was only in a few weeks. Reason I lied was because he's a really messy, but I didn't wanna tell him that =P

Well he found out I did actually move, and got really mad at me, which I understand. But since we're friends, we made up and now he stays over every couple days, so I can see how he keeps the place.

Basically, if you're really friends (or lovers), you'll get past any fights, just like Applejack and Rainbow Dash :)

Today after school, he confronted me and started saying the most hurtful things to me. I controlled myself this time and did not even bother to respond.. i just stood there and took every insult and every comment he made towards me..

Some of the stuff he said, i could tell he was serious about them... the rest of them just felt like him venting his anger on me...

I felt like this was a good thing, that he would at least talk face to face to me.. then something happened...i came home and 2 hours later i found one of his memento stones in my jacket pocket... i have no idea if he put it there on purpose or by accident... but he put it there one way or another... and i've had quite a bit of time to think about it....

He said to me when he first showed me the stones that "you'll understand their purpose one day" I think he put the stone in my jacket on purpose to take a part of him home with me. he gave me his blue stone, which means he still has his green stone...

I have my own stones,, but they're bond stones, not mementos. I only give one of my stones to the person i'm dating. one of them is green as well...

From the time I've had to think... i think the message he sent me was that he doesn't have the blues... and he's still green at handling his feelings. (As in he's not fully ready)

If this is the case... i'm going to leave him alone for a while.... because his message says he needs time to think...

1 person likes this

Sometimes, it's best to be away from a loved one for a while. I know I used to get in fights with my parents quite a bit during my high school years. Once I moved out though, we've gotten along a lot better lol

My grandmother was just in a head on collision. I don't know much about her condition at the current moment, only thing I do know is they had to cut her out of the car and was air lifted.

If you guys can please keep her and my family in your prayers and thoughts, I'd be very grateful.

I'm trying hard not to break down but I can feel it coming.

That's horrible Punkie Pie. I hope that your gradmother is fine but if she has been injured we all wish her a speedy recovery.

I guess its my turn now...

A couple weeks back, I fell into this depression phase where I believed the only things I was good at were playing computer games and studying. I saw my classmates on Facebook, playing different instruments, hanging out with their friends (I'm not a very social person) and generally doing things that made me feel so so so worthless...

I started falling into this deep, black hole where I felt like useless to the world and I could never, ever accomplish anything. My swimming technique sucked, I didn't think my writing was good enough and my grades were mediocre at best.

The fact that my mother kept going on and on about older kids who were much better than me didn't help.

My body smeed to react to my depression. It felt heavy and for days I didn't feel like doing anything. I didn't say much, either.

In the end I had this talk with my parents and I managed to cheer myself up.

But now that's feeling's coming back again.

Dammit, I just don't know what to do...

I may seem out of place considering my hardships to give advice but....Stop thinking like that smash.

A good friend told me a few days ago, not in these exact words but... "if you were worthless, then why would people bother to try and correct your path?"

There is something you can do with you're life, You are never worthless to the world, you just need to find your cutie mark... i haven't per say found mine yet but... i'm on the right path.

you don't know what to do? how old are you smashing. because if you're younger than 17, start searching now for that special talent of yours. Because not having it when life smacks you in the face will be hard.. but don't ever call yourself worthless.. ever

Your grannies a strong woman Punkie ;)

And I've been told countless times that all I can do is play video games lol. After I decided to drop out of college, lots of people weren't expecting much from me. Well I got a job that I really love right now, and this community is the best I've ever met. I don't care what people say, online friends rock :D

I may seem out of place considering my hardships to give advice but....Stop thinking like that smash.

A good friend told me a few days ago, not in these exact words but... "if you were worthless, then why would people bother to try and correct your path?"

There is something you can do with you're life, You are never worthless to the world, you just need to find your cutie mark... i haven't per say found mine yet but... i'm on the right path.

you don't know what to do? how old are you smashing. because if you're younger than 17, start searching now for that special talent of yours. Because not having it when life smacks you in the face will be hard.. but don't ever call yourself worthless.. ever

Ye just stole the whole thing from my mind and pasted it there...

And lad, trust me, you are NOT worthless. We all have something that makes us important. I was in that same state not too long ago, when I saw my life floating in a big, high and endless cloud of farts. I managed to get down from there, and ye'll be able to do the same.

Just think about this: What do you consider yourself good at? What can you do to expand the bounds of/get better at it? Is it plausible? and finally, Can you use that for something else than buggering around?

Those questions are not too hard to answer. For instance, I considered myself good at gaming. To expand that, i began texturing and customizing my games, got better and better, then began using those texturing skills to aid a mod development team.

Hopefully these words were useful, laddie. And for Christ's sake, YOU ARE WORTH PLENTY. DO NOT EVEN GLANCE AT THE FAKE CHANCE OF YOU BEING WORTHLESS.

You know, there was a reason why I love this community. You guys reminded me of what that reason was.

Thank you all for your kind words, Whatever You Want, OhHaiDare and Koach. This is probably the first time people who aren't my parents have given me advice.

I'm not gonna feel worthless anymore. I will stop feeling depresssed. I will find my special talent, my cutie mark, my path in life.

And when I do, I'm gonna thank you guys again.

1 person likes this

@ Smashing

I have really nothing to add to what these guys already said. You've got you're whole life ahead of you to figure things out. Don't kick yourself down before you even get started. We're here for you if you need to talk.

Also, if it means anything, from the little I've read I certainly don't think your writing sucks.