2079 posts in this topic

Sonic Rain pretty much said it all. It have been a year and he is asking for forgiveness, go easy on him even if you keep an eye on him so he don't hurt you again.

"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing at someone else; you are the one who gets burned." -Buddha

Thank you for posting that quote.

I am feeling really depressed again. Apparently I have to start taking medicine for nearly a year, and the entire time I will be unable to stay out in the sun or drink any form of alcohol it seems. That kind of sucks. Also my grandpa is in the hospital with some sort of strange stomach flu he got while on vacation in Russia. The doctors says he will survive, but not very fun still.

But what really really bugs me is how I just have no place I feel at home and safe at anymore. I thought I was safe from bullying and what not on this site, yet I get attacked as the most self absorbed bitch ever for simply stating that I don't approve of Nazism. Of fucking Nazism. I don't care if said attack was supposed to be a joke, it was very harassing and I got no apology or clarification.

And when I made a status update afterwards to try and explain that I am not trying to be a self absorbed bitch, what happens? Yes, half the forum goes and make mocking joke updates making fun of my problem and making me look like a massive joke. Thanks a lot.

It is one thing to make a joke, there is another thing to make fun of a victim of bullying with PTSD to the point where she loses faith in everything.

I need a drink... oh wait.

Edited by Nikki Lyra

You have my sympathy Nikki--you really do. But. . .

Love and toleration is dead, and my hopes and dreams died with it. I truly hope there is a way to revive the things bronies where supposed to stand for and for things to go back to the good old days when you could say things without fear of getting gangbanged by half the forum.

Don't go blaming the entire forum for the actions of a few knuckle-heads. That really isn't cool. I dealt with that situation as best I could, and I assure you there are others who would do the same.

*hugs* Lyra, I'm really sorry for you. I have to take medicine all the time, so I'm used to side-effects. Hell, one medicine I was on gave me seizures. I mean, if your not used to them, it can be kind of odd, but I trust in my doctor's decision and it usually works out well.

But what really really bugs me is how I just have no place I feel at home and safe at anymore. I thought I was safe from bullying and what not on this site, yet I get attacked as the most self absorbed bitch ever for simply stating that I don't approve of Nazism. Of fucking Nazism. I don't care if said attack was supposed to be a joke, it was very harassing and I got no apology or clarification.

And when I made a status update afterwards to try and explain that I am not trying to be a self absorbed bitch, what happens? Yes, half the forum goes and make mocking joke updates making fun of my problem and making me look like a massive joke. Thanks a lot.

People are going to have different opinions Nikki, and some people are going to be willing to take them to the extreme and that will always cause fights.

These fights can be prevented if you can be the better person and just back away if you think things are getting out of hand.

I wasn't there, so I wouldn't know what happened, but please Nikki even if you didn't do anything wrong that doesn't mean you can't be the one to fix it.

As for the status, the things you post are emotional and some people make these statuses as levity to make light of the situation, not to be hurtful to you.

A lot of people do care about you.

Welp, I'm back from my oral surgery. It went well. My wisdom teeth were successfully extracted. The only problem is... it's absolutely painful. The lidocaine is wearing off and now I can feel the pain from the procedure. I'm sure I'll be better soon, but for now I'll just have to suffer :\

Welp, I'm back from my oral surgery. It went well. My wisdom teeth were successfully extracted. The only problem is... it's absolutely painful. The lidocaine is wearing off and now I can feel the pain from the procedure. I'm sure I'll be better soon, but for now I'll just have to suffer :\

They didn't give you pain medicine for afterwards?

They did, and I'm using my own as well. It's not helping much.

Oh, and I've encountered one of the possible post-surgery complications: swelling! Only on the lower set of teeth though because the dentist had to use a drill to remove the lower wisdom teeth while the ones on top weren't :\

They did, and I'm using my own as well. It's not helping much.

Oh, and I've encountered one of the possible post-surgery complications: swelling! Only on the lower set of teeth though because the dentist had to use a drill to remove the lower wisdom teeth while the ones on top weren't :\

I sipped on hot tea (but let it cool a little)... The warmth seemed to help with the swelling... It was just mint tea too, so I'm not sure if that made a difference...

I must have been lucky. I've never had mine removed.

One came in on the upper left, one on the lower right. So I guess it balances out. I guess some don't ever get them at all.

Not sure if I would use hot anything for swelling. If it works, it works but I'd just ice the crap out of it.

One came in on the upper left, one on the lower right. So I guess it balances out. I guess some don't ever get them at all.

Not sure if I would use hot anything for swelling. If it works, it works but I'd just ice the crap out of it.

My high school trainer basically thinks ice is the cure for everything. I once went in with a cut on my lip asking for a band-aid and he told me to ice it. I've heard many times that swelling is best treated with ice. For the first two minutes, it feels like that part of you is being crucified, but once the two minutes is up, it numbs and feels much better. My whole body is covered in hives right now because I was working in posion sumac, and I'm not allowed to do anything that might put heat on it, so I'm guessing heat is probably the worst thing for swelling too, but I'm not a doctor.

Ice for swelling.

For muscle damage: Ice for the first 24 hrs (or maybe 48), then intermittent ice and heat.

Last tooth I had pulled, I kept a bag of frozen veggies on it for about 10-15 minutes every hour, for the first day or so.

I used tea bags on mine.

I forget what kind of tea (Black Pikoe?) or for what specific reason they were good.

Wow haha, amazes me how many people here had their wisdom teeth removed at some point. Really gonna be useful until the wounds seal up.

Speaking of the wounds, I was told by my dentist to rinse them with salt water after each meal in order to prevent food particles from getting in them, rotting and causing an infection. You'd think that applying salt to a still-open wound wouldn't be good for it, and it definitely burns - but in this case it's okay to use salt on the wounds. Well, whatever the doctor says I guess.

Wow haha, amazes me how many people here had their wisdom teeth removed at some point. Really gonna be useful until the wounds seal up.

Speaking of the wounds, I was told by my dentist to rinse them with salt water after each meal in order to prevent food particles from getting in them, rotting and causing an infection. You'd think that applying salt to a still-open wound wouldn't be good for it, and it definitely burns - but in this case it's okay to use salt on the wounds. Well, whatever the doctor says I guess.

Salt in open wounds? In the mouth area that is even more sensitive? Yikes.

Edited by Crooner

Seawater is apparently good for treating wounds... so the doctor told me to take half a cup of warm water, mix in some salt to it and create my own seawater that way. Sure, it's good for treating wounds, but that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt as well.

I'd just pure hydrogen peroxide or mouthwash. With the peroxide, it'll look like you have rabies and the pure wash will sting a tad.

Salt water is a more natural antiseptic. You'll want 1 tablespoon per 1 cup of water.

You can probably use the salt water solution and follow it up with hydrogen peroxide if you have it.

Well, I had all 4 pulled at once and I was only down for a few hours... I mean, I was terrified to eat anything for fear of dry socket, but my mouth felt fine and I was able to talk... Also, didn't end up needing any of the vicodin I was given either (although, they came in handy later when I got hit by a car and sustained a lower back and two knee injuries and they only gave me 3 days worth of vicodin for that...)

I had alll of them pulled, as well (five for me, for some weird reason) Two of them at least needed to be cut out. I was sore for four or five days. Tender for a few weeks.

During that first week, I lived on butterscotch pudding, grape jello, and french toast.

The salt water mimics your body's natural saline solution, i.e.tears, to flush out any food that may get stuck in there.

Avoid rice, popcorn, and anything with seeds for awhile until the holes heal over. That stuff all likes to get caught in the food trap, and that shit hurts.

Keep one of those curved toothpick things on you at all times in cae you're out and you get something stuck in there. I kept one in my wallet. It will start to hurt if you leave food in there for any length of time.

Condolances, bro.

*hugs*

Take heart. There's a special somepony out there for you somewhere.

Yeah, and we just broke up.....

I still love her very much, and she loves me too......that is one of the reasons it hurts so much...

and it being my first relationship.....I just want to crawl in my bed and cry....

Edit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDdNzKyX89E

Edited by Sonic Rain