Rainy

[Versus Ponyville] Weapon Suggestions

827 posts in this topic

WEAPONS

Our page detailing all custom weapon changes is kept up-to-date with changes that take place on the server. Balancing suggestions and new ideas are welcome in this thread. If you want to get really creative, use the tutorial below for creating Boss and Player weapon customizations.

If you would prefer to suggest ideas for a Boss Rage, please use the following thread.

TUTORIALS

These are brief tutorials/explanations for the technically-minded.

CREATING CUSTOM WEAPONS

Proposals for Boss and Player weapon changes work the same. Here is an example of a Boss weapon and it's attributes:

NAME: tf_weapon_bottle

INDEX: 609

ATTRIBUTES: 2 ; 3.1

The Name of the weapon will always be the Weapon Class of that weapon. Melee weapons like The Scottish Handshake, The Conscientious Objector, and The Freedom Staff all share the same Weapon Class, which is tf_weapon_bottle. The Index of the weapon will determine the actual weapon used by the boss. The 609 given in this example goes to The Scottish Handshake. This page listing TF2 Item Definitions and Indexes can be used for reference.

The Attributes for the weapon will determine it's stats. The first number in the sequence stands for the ID of the Attribute. The ID given in this example is 2, which goes to damage bonus. The 3.1 is the value being given to this attribute (in this case, it would be the damage bonus percentage). This page listing TF2 Item Attributes can be used for reference.

2 people like this

Some mediguns do not track anything like ubers or other stats that are on strange medigun botkiller mediguns.

Need to add this to every weapon so stranges work.

"preserve_attributes"         "1"

I'm just asking if it could be updated with the current balancing changes. I've been trying to refer to it, and a couple times have been rather thrown off when things didn't do as noted.

Ex: Concherer is stated in the page to provide healing over time. Found out in server it instead increases health from health packs.

Please and thanks.

That is a shame if stranges don't work as intended. I've got a Strange KGB exclusively for VSP to record how many ponies I've punched out.

1 person likes this

That is a shame if stranges don't work as intended. I've got a Strange KGB exclusively for VSP to record how many ponies I've punched out.

From looks of it is only a few, the mediguns i can confirm.

My gold botkiller rocket launcher i can confirm works fine.

same with ubersaw

KGB does't track stats either also needs "preserve_attributes"         "1"

And so does strange needle gun.

"preserve_attributes"         "1" is also needed to keep name tags description tags working or paint etc.

so bassicly every item that does't have this would require it.

Edited by Arokhantos™

My Blood Botkiller Rocket Launcher Mk. I works fine as well.  If there is anyone that has a complete collection of the botkillers and Strange Festives that is able to confirm of what works and what doesn't would be appreciated.

I'm trying to figure out this issue being reported with regards to Strange KGBs not receiving VSP attributes. Right now all of the unique attributes for KGB are applied to item index 43, which is KGB.

Sometimes, Genuine and Strange items can have a unique item index that needs to be included. Heavy Fists for example are item index 5, while Renamed/Strange Fists have a unique item index of 195. If this is the case for KGBs, then I will need to add the item index, but I can't seem to find one for Renamed/Strange KGBs in the following list:

https://wiki.alliedmods.net/Team_Fortress_2_Item_Definition_Indexes

Can anyone confirm whether or not they do have a unique item index and/or what it is?

While we're on the subject, if you are aware of any Renamed/Strange weapons which are not receiving VSP attributes, it would help me immensely if you listed them here along with the item index for the Renamed/Strange versions (if they exist).

I'm also going to ask Friagram when he is on, because he's a wizard and knows everything about this stuff.

Pumpkins can let you reach high places as heavy for example might be problem.

Botkiller glitches and item glitches are btw a freak fortress 1.07+ problem 1.06h does't have this problem

Pinkie pie

Make pinkie pie say fun everytime gets hit same with minions.

Huntsman

It taunt needs to be disabled its to easy to lure and trap boss chain stunning them.

This plugin allows blocking taunt on weapons based on index

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1854624

I'm trying to figure out this issue being reported with regards to Strange KGBs not receiving VSP attributes. Right now all of the unique attributes for KGB are applied to item index 43, which is KGB.

Sometimes, Genuine and Strange items can have a unique item index that needs to be included. Heavy Fists for example are item index 5, while Renamed/Strange Fists have a unique item index of 195. If this is the case for KGBs, then I will need to add the item index, but I can't seem to find one for Renamed/Strange KGBs in the following list:

https://wiki.alliedmods.net/Team_Fortress_2_Item_Definition_Indexes

Can anyone confirm whether or not they do have a unique item index and/or what it is?

While we're on the subject, if you are aware of any Renamed/Strange weapons which are not receiving VSP attributes, it would help me immensely if you listed them here along with the item index for the Renamed/Strange versions (if they exist).

I'm also going to ask Friagram when he is on, because he's a wizard and knows everything about this stuff.

non strange and strange kgb should be same item index i think, it only has different index i believe when its stock rocket launcher with exception of botkillers which all have their own unique item index like gold blood rust botkillers etc.

Anyway you can find the indexes if they exist also in items_game located in tf\scripts\items

Edited by Arokhantos™

The Equalizer  

Index: 128

Particle effect: superrare_beams1 (Sunbeams unusual hat effect)

Weapon Attributes (current):

236 (-) Blocks healing while active

115 (+) Damage increases as the user becomes injured

Weapon attributes (additional for VSP):

206 (-) -/+85% Damage from melee sources while active (similar attribute to the battalion’s backup in the vsp)

149 (+) On hit: Bleed for 3 seconds (bleed damage per sec -8hp / -10hp on minicrits)

309 (+) Crit kill with gib

This weapon may sound similar as the KGB gloves that the Heavy uses compared to it’s ‘tank-like’ qualities, but it is unable to increase the user’s movement speed and gain health for each successful hit. So therefore, the user will have to rely on other sources of healing such as the scouts mad milk, nearby dispensers, sandviches/steak or health packs provided by either from some spawns or the scouts Candy Cane pack drops.

Since the soldier is quite versatile of both offense and defense, the “vsp” equalizer can help him serve as a 'secondary tank' or 'off-tank' by dealing moderate damage, combined with DoT bleeds, and absorbing fatal blows while keeping the engineers, snipers, and medics safe from harm.. until the soldier draws his last breath.

Edited by PBandJ Commando
2 people like this

The Equalizer  

Index: 128

Particle effect: superrare_beams1 (Sunbeams unusual hat effect)

236 (-) Blocks healing while active

115 (+) Damage increases as the user becomes injured

206 (-) -/+85% Damage from melee sources while active (similar attribute to the battalion’s backup in the vsp)

149 (+) On hit: Bleed for 3 seconds (bleed damage per sec -8hp / -10hp on minicrits)

309 (+) Crit kill with gib

This weapon may sound similar as the KGB gloves that the Heavy uses compared to it’s ‘tank-like’ qualities, but it is unable to increase the user’s movement speed and gain health for each successful hit. So therefore, the user will have to rely on other sources of healing such as the scouts mad milk, nearby dispensers, sandviches/steak or health packs provided by either from some spawns or the scouts Candy Cane pack drops.

Since the soldier is quite versatile of both offense and defense, the “vsp” equalizer can help him serve as a 'secondary tank' or 'off-tank' by dealing moderate damage, combined with DoT bleeds, and absorbing fatal blows while keeping the engineers, snipers, and medics safe from harm.. until the soldier draws his last breath.

I like this idea as a new "melee oriented" setup for the soldier.

Here's a few things I'd change to make the melee soldier unique compared to KGBs and DemoKnights:

"206 (-) -/+85% Damage from melee sources while active (similar attribute to the battalion’s backup in the vsp)" ​-The way this attribute is setup seems to make the soldier take additional damage from melee sources, guaranteeing being 1 shot.

How about this:
206 ; 0.6  (Soldier only takes 60% normal damage.) Note: Does nothing to crits

(Now on to the parts that will separate the melee soldier from the others mentioned above)
149 ; 6 (+) On hit: Bleed for 6 seconds (Primary source of damage)

2 ; 1.25 (+) 25% increased damage bonus (Base damage boost and goes up when closer to death.)

(-) Primary weapon should be disabled with this new melee weapon equipped.

(+) Taunt should not kill the soldier. Any boss that's affected by the taunt takes anywhere from 500-1000 damage and is stunned (like moonshot stun) but for a shorter duration (3 seconds).

442 ; 1.2 (Not sure if this is correct speed increasing attribute, but setting to 1.2 or 1.15 should make the soldier move at pyros base speed)

These are just some of my thoughts anyways, take it, or leave it if you like.

My server has pasive 35% knockback resistance on any boss to nerf sentry knockback so knockback may appear more controlled.

The original

40% faster firing rate

no reload

fall of damage tweak

"1"                               "118 ; 0.60" //fall off dmg tweak

"2"                               "303 ; -1" // clip size primary hidden -1 for no reload requirement

"3"                               "6 ; 0.60" //attack speed

Some attributes that can control things and only use on my server.

"4"                            "215 ; 0" // knock back adjustments does nothing at 0 at high value like 300 it starts adding knockback

"2"                            "256 ; 1.75" // making air blast less spam able

Also attribute 303 states it overrides primary clip size, if not managed to get this working for example with melee weapon to strip of primary on soldier along with primary ammo penalty to create for example pure melee type soldier like kgb heavies or demoknight

Attribute 303 basically only works if applied on the weapon with the clip.

However if you add the original without reload you could basically force the original with 100% ammo penalty and clip size -1 to strip of primary, i dunno how to do this but i got feeling some one knows, bassicly meaning you could add equalizer soldiers or katana soldiers via this method.

also side effect doing fall off damage tweak

It boost rocket jumps but this can be normalized if considered imbalanced via attribute 59

Edited by Arokhantos™
1 person likes this

My server has pasive 35% knockback resistance on any boss to nerf sentry knockback so knockback may appear more controlled.

The original

40% faster firing rate

no reload

fall of damage tweak

"1"                               "118 ; 0.60" //fall off dmg tweak

"2"                               "303 ; -1" // clip size primary hidden -1 for no reload requirement

"3"                               "6 ; 0.60" //attack speed

Some attributes that can control things and only use on my server.

"4"                            "215 ; 0" // knockback adjustments does nothing at 0 at high value like 300 it starts adding knockback

I like it, just needs a 50% knockback nerf.

Demo knights need nerf in general btw.

Especialy persian pursuader demoman with charge cooldown needs be increased.

As in general the movement speed is way to much, they gain heads they gain extra speed to gain to many heads you cannot catch up to them and their melee range is way to much giving them their shield back way to easy.

i was playing eppal jack and not single crit on demoman they kept surviving even 1 hit without shield......

Because it takes 7 heads to regen shield the speed becomes way to fast, each head gives like 10% movement speed increase not 100% sure.

You could reduce the requirement for shields down to 5 but that would make them more anoying especialy persian pursuader demoman.

Edited by Arokhantos™

The Vita-Saw  

Index: 173

Particle effect: None

125 (-) -10% max health on wearer

188 (+) On death: Up to 20% of your ubercharge is retained

251 (+) On Hit Ally: Boosts both players’ speed for 4 seconds

1 (+) +20% Damage bonus (234 crit dmg)

206 (-) -50% Damage from melee sources while active

This weapon in the VSP mode is to give not only the medic, but to also give his patient an offensive push, and to deal much greater damage if left standing on his own. However, it will leave the user more prone to melee damage from the hale and the hale’s minions. Can be paired well with the medic’s crusaders crossbow.

>

The Family Business

Index:I 425

Weapon attributes (current):

1 (-) -15% Damage penalty

3 (+) 33% Clip size bonus

178 (+) 30% faster weapon switch

107 (+) 30% faster movement speed while active

I know this weapon already has some attributes added to it such as:

+50% Additional Clip Size.

+60% More Accurate.

Mini-Crits Airborne Targets.

But hopefully this new improvement can change it’s use in VSP is to give the heavy a small speed boost while having it active, followed with a quicker weapon switch. This can pair quite well with the KGB gloves without sacrificing the speed reduction by switching away from the gloves, instead it helps maintain the user’s speed, allowing you to use hit-and-run tactics(having both will not stack his speed in total). Show the little babies you truly mean business.

>

The Degreaser

Index: 215

178 (+) 65% faster weapon switch

1 (-) -10% damage penalty

72 (-) -25% afterburn damage penalty

340 (+) On Hit Spy: Reveal disguised spy

16 (+) On Hit: +2 health on rapidfire

The Degreaser has been quite "overshadowed" by the Backburner and the Stock. In this suggestion, it can serve as a much devastating primary for the Pyro. We all know the Pyro is mainly used for airblasting hales into hazards (or pretty much into other people on accident) and “spy checking” enemies such as Rarity, Queen Chrysalis and her changlings. The other flamethrowers can already set the enemy on fire "Oh look, a disguised player on fire.. yay." however this flamethrower can reveal the disguised player and quickly catch off an ambushing spy-based Pony, especially giving the sentry the time to detect. Not only you melt away their disguise, you also feed off stolen bits of burning flesh to you! Revealing and Healing! (Worth testing if afterburn can block the spy from disguising)

Edited by PBandJ Commando

The Degreaser

The Degreaser has been quite "overshadowed" by the Backburner and the Stock. In this suggestion, it can serve as a much devastating primary for the Pyro. We all know the Pyro is mainly used for airblasting hales into hazards (or pretty much into other people on accident) and “spy checking” enemies such as Rarity, Queen Chrysalis and her changlings. The other flamethrowers can already set the enemy on fire "Oh look, a disguised player on fire.. yay." however this flamethrower can reveal the disguised player and quickly catch off an ambushing spy-based Pony, especially giving the sentry the time to detect. Not only you melt away their disguise, you also feed off stolen bits of burning flesh to you! Revealing and Healing! (Worth testing if afterburn can block the spy from disguising)

To my knowledge the 340 attribute never worked properly, also the degreaser really doesn't need a buff considering it serves its main purpose of being the quick-switch flamethrower, early on I tried to push the Charged Airblast attribute on it but many players complained due to the fact that it also slows the airblast down so you just can't spam it as often...which honestly I saw no problem with considering you had a rather extreme airblast strength.

Feel like venting a couple of odd ball weapon ideas.

Gunslinger

Ever see an engineer that isn't tied up in a nest? This one won't be!

Weapon Attributes

Standard

500% Maximum Metal (1000 Max Metal)

Cannot receive ammo from dispensers

+20 Metal regenerated every 5 seconds

-100% Healing

On-Hit: Returns Damage as Ammo

-20% Slower Firing Speed

Script-given Attributes (with basic pseudo code of how to do it)

Removes Primary, Secondary, and Destruction PDA (remove on-loadout give)

Cannot build Teleporters/Dispensers (on "build" command check for dispeners/teleporters)

No All-Crit Mod (continuous check to remove crits/modify all-crit mod to exclude it)

Cannot receive metal from dispensers/ammo kits/building scraps/dropped weapons (no idea how to do this for the dispensers, perhaps on-ammo/scrap pickup check for current engineer)

Crits deal 5x damage (up from 3x, apply multiplier on damage receive for boss, check for crit flag)

(Complex shit ahead)

Metal acts as a shield, absorbing incoming damage at the cost of the metal. If the damage is more then the amount of metal the engineer has but the engineer has more then 70 metal, it'll take whatever remains. (check on damage receive for player, nullify damage and remove appropriate metal)

If the engineer has more then 500 metal, his player model is changed to that of a Robot Engineer (check on-metal receive, start repeat timer to check if he has less then 500 to remove model)

If the engineer has more then 700 metal, he is given condition 55 (same as above except for conditions)

If the engineer acquires 1000 ammo, he is given 8 seconds of condition 51 before returning to 600 metal. 

Bonk! Atomic Punch

Changes up the formula by providing a different effect

Weapon Attributes

Script Given Attributes

Removes Bonk! on drink (remove condition on +attack)

Replaces Bonk! effect with the Medic's Shield from Mann Vs Machina for its duration (create entity shield, unsure about this)

Rescue Ranger

Balances its grabbing power

Weapon Attributes

Script Given Attributes

Reduces grabbed buildings down to level 1 on deploy (unsure how to do this, probably check on build/etc)

Southern Hospitality

Exploding buildings, what could go wrong?

Weapon Attributes

-50% Build Speed

Script Given Attributes

Removes Destruction PDA

On-Building Death: Explodes dealing 100 damage, +200 damage per level.

Sapper

Possible buff to give the Sapper some use, be it a little complicated

Weapon Attributes

Script Given Attributes

Can be applied to allied buildings to immediately upgrade to level 3 (destroys used sapper in process), removes sapper and forces spy to use primary/revolver for 1 minute

Red-Tape Recorder

Like above, possible buff for a useless slot

Weapon Attributes

Script Given Attributes

Nearby non-spy players (300~ hammer units) drop MvM revive packs (medics cannot heal them) that expire in a minute, spies can use their RTR to start reviving them at the rate of 10 health a second. Bosses can destroy these packs in 1 hit (2 if its being revived by a RTR). Upon use, the RTR is disabled for 30 seconds.

Edited by TheGreatJug™
1 person likes this

The Degreaser

To my knowledge the 340 attribute never worked properly, also the degreaser really doesn't need a buff considering it serves its main purpose of being the quick-switch flamethrower, early on I tried to push the Charged Airblast attribute on it but many players complained due to the fact that it also slows the airblast down so you just can't spam it as often...which honestly I saw no problem with considering you had a rather extreme airblast strength.

Bummer.. hmm.. well way before I did suggest an item attribute #31(+) Crit boost on kill to grant about 4 seconds of 100% critical chance with the flamethrower and quickly draw out either the shotgun, flaregun, detonator, reserve shooter, scorch shot or the man melter for 'additional crit kills' to go along with the 'healing with direct burns'.

The Degreaser

Bummer.. hmm.. well way before I did suggest an item attribute #31(+) Crit boost on kill to grant about 4 seconds of 100% critical chance with the flamethrower and quickly draw out either the shotgun, flaregun, detonator, reserve shooter, scorch shot or the man melter for 'additional crit kills' to go along with the 'healing with direct burns'.

Would this be a forced-switch to Secondaries, or is it just something to give advice to the players?

Would this be a forced-switch to Secondaries, or is it just something to give advice to the players?

It's actually more of advice  to go along with the #31 suggestion..

I got carried away. XD

356 - Conniver's Kunai

To keep thing short. Keep the current stats.

275 - Wearer doesn't take falling damage.

326 - 25% Higher jumps

107 - 15% faster move speed.

??? - Can't find, but afterburn immunity.

155 - Can't disguise.

226 - Honorbound. If possible, resets each time.

Something to make this not a death wish to use. If another nerf is needed, slower firing rate.

526 - Diamond back. Remove old stats.

! - Highlights target.

218 - Marked for death

179 - Crits when it would minicrit.

106 - 100% more accurate.

204 - On miss, hit yourself. Idiot. Applies all effects including highlight on spy.

5 - 25% slower firing speed.

A weapon great for marking targets, but one you wouldn't want to miss with.

356 - Conniver's Kunai

To keep thing short. Keep the current stats.

275 - Wearer doesn't take falling damage.

326 - 25% Higher jumps

107 - 15% faster move speed.

??? - Can't find, but afterburn immunity.

155 - Can't disguise.

226 - Honorbound. If possible, resets each time.

Something to make this not a death wish to use. If another nerf is needed, slower firing rate.

526 - Diamond back. Remove old stats.

! - Highlights target.

218 - Marked for death

179 - Crits when it would minicrit.

106 - 100% more accurate.

204 - On miss, hit yourself. Idiot. Applies all effects including highlight on spy.

5 - 25% slower firing speed.

A weapon great for marking targets, but one you wouldn't want to miss with.

Something tells me that this should more apply to Spies that use Ambassador, but then again I'd be lol'ing too much on self-death headshots.

Also, on the Kunai, have the Spy not be affected by spells.

As long you hit something it does't work bullets always hit something so it does't work.

A melee weapon hits air if it misses its not like a bullet their for you hit your self.

If tryit something like that with the baby face blaster making it do like 1000 damage but on miss hit your self it did't work because bullets always hit something.

Maybe could write a plugin though to make something like that work.

Edited by Arokhantos™