Rainy

[Versus Ponyville] Weapon Suggestions

827 posts in this topic

Can we plz nerf sentry knockback as this kindy general issue most of the time i cannot even move close to sentry as hale........

You might asswell buff the sentry damage by 1000% because you don't stand a chance against sentry's at all as most hales.........

Suprise princes celestia fluttershy etc etc all get way to much knockback from sentry's.

Its not funny anymore plz nerf.

Also go to keep in mind that sentry knockback stacks.

Weighdown lags to much to be even usefull, and then i hit the ground i cannot even move closer to the sentry because the knockback is clearly overpowered..........

Edited by Arokhantos™

Here's the thing about sentry knockback, as is it's kinda op. Nerf it and you might as well run minisentries.

The most that can be done is fix weighdown.

1 person likes this

Give a flat 30-50% sentry knockback resistance to every boss, so it'll be there but at the same time not overwhelming

1 person likes this

Give a flat 30-50% sentry knockback resistance to every boss, so it'll be there but at the same time not overwhelming

i would start with 35% cous 50% bassicly disables all knockback on rockets.

Though can use attribute 215 on rocket launchers to normalize knockback, though rocket jumps will be boosted asswell then which can be normalized via attribute 59 then.

Edited by Arokhantos™

My 2 cents are that the knockback will be justified if there was more skill involved in getting it. If you look at the Direct Hit or any other rocket launcher, there are times when Hale has practically no chance to even get within melee range due to the soldier's juggling and rocket jumping skills. I don't want to be cocky but there are multiple times where I did to hales which caused them to waste a rage on me which was followed by my butthurt raging on solorages.

Why is that not even remotely mentioned?

Since it requires a very large dose of skill and effort on the soldier's part. You could superjump all you want, but that skilled soldier will airshot you out of the sky.

It may be a little off topic but every class, you can tell who's good and who's bad with every class but engy(some parts pyro and heavy).

There are scunts will double digit damage while good scouts are usually in the quadruple digits and possibly have a 2000+ damage.

There are trolliders and juggling soldiers.

Pyros spamming m2 die while well positioned pyros do a lot of damage.

And etc.

While engineer really just requires where to put your building and knowing how to hide.(which mainly revolves around luck) I personally feel that frontier justice is a step in the right direction.Note: I'm sorry for anyone who mains engineer and is offended by my opinion.

My 2 cents are that the knockback will be justified if there was more skill involved in getting it. If you look at the Direct Hit or any other rocket launcher, there are times when Hale has practically no chance to even get within melee range due to the soldier's juggling and rocket jumping skills. I don't want to sound cocky but there are multiple times where I did this to hales which caused them to waste a rage on me which the. was followed by my butthurt raging on solorages.

Since it requires a very large dose of skill and effort on the soldier's part. The only real counter to this is wasting a rage or relying on the soldier screwing up. You could superjump all you want, but that skilled soldier will airshot you out of the sky.

It may be a little off topic but every class, you can tell who's good and who's bad with every class but engy(some parts pyro and heavy).

There are scunts will double digit damage while good scouts are usually in the quadruple digits and possibly have a 2000+ damage.

And etc.

While engineer really just requires where to put your building and knowing how to hide.(which mainly revolves around luck) I personally feel that frontier justice is a step in the right direction.Note: I'm sorry for anyone who mains engineer and is offended by my opinion.

My 2 cents are that the knockback will be justified if there was more skill involved in getting it. If you look at the Direct Hit or any other rocket launcher, there are times when Hale has practically no chance to even get within melee range due to the soldier's juggling and rocket jumping skills. I don't want to sound cocky but there are multiple times where I did this to hales which caused them to waste a rage on me which the. was followed by my butthurt raging on solorages.

Since it requires a very large dose of skill and effort on the soldier's part. The only real counter to this is wasting a rage or relying on the soldier screwing up. You could superjump all you want, but that skilled soldier will airshot you out of the sky.

And etc.

Quite a good point, considering that a Soldier needs his knockback to stay alive and playing as hale, it's annoying, but not as bad as Engineers as placing sentries requires less skill. Not to mention Jag engi's are ridiculous when 2 are side by side. My other suggestion would of been increasing the range in which sentries are disabled, you could have a set time depending on how many engineers are on the server. When I go and play Surprise for some fun instead of Twilight Sparkle for some fun, the sentry knockback takes away my fun, forcing me to play as Twi and double chain lightning every motherbucker...

Yeah heck should add attribute 215 to all rocket launchers something between 250 and 350 should be enough i think, however you could also give rocket launchers another buff in damage and pick a lower value.

If it gets to much you could also nerf the damage of classes that do way to much already to begin with, like spies would still do fine on damage if they needed 15 backstabs instead of 10.

Mostly you don't see problems with spy's because most of them are crap, but when yukumazi or trew etc are playing it takes 1 min for hale to lose if he does't pay attention to he's back

Edited by Arokhantos™

I don't know if I like the numbers, but I do like the overall idea. I've considered the same with regards to Boss crits as well.

1 person likes this

I've considered the same with regards to Boss crits as well.

Can you at least make it so boxing glove heavies don't get insta killed when the Hale crits them.

I've considered the same with regards to Boss crits as well.

Can you at least make it so boxing glove heavies don't get insta killed when the Hale crits them.

Since when did KGB Heavies get insta-killed by a Hale crit?

Spells-

When an alicorn/unicorn uses a rage, it states that spells are jammed until the cooldown is finished. It's annoying every other day hearing someone say "Why do my spells have so much lag!?"

Remember the Bat Outta Hell/Freedom Staff nerf? Where they lost superjump quality, and for a DAMN good reason? I just thought of a different thing for them...

Perhaps they can offer the Atomizer's triple jump ability in a different manner? Letting all classes that can use the weapons have a double jump that knocks off about 10 HP each time they use it? It would give all those classes an extra chance at survival and fighting tactics, besides running like a chicken with their head cut off, or tricky single-jumping evasive maneuvers.

Remember the Bat Outta Hell/Freedom Staff nerf? Where they lost superjump quality, and for a DAMN good reason? I just thought of a different thing for them...

Perhaps they can offer the Atomizer's triple jump ability in a different manner? Letting all classes that can use the weapons have a double jump that knocks off about 10 HP each time they use it? It would give all those classes an extra chance at survival and fighting tactics, besides running like a chicken with their head cut off, or tricky single-jumping evasive maneuvers.

Or building ubers with a chicken that had its head cut off.

This been problem for long time, all the strange mediguns don't work because they do not preserve attributes.

That means strange parts healing done won't update, ubers assist kills do not get tracked, and australium attribute does't work on australium medigun because australium is attribute.

All the other australiums work perfectly fine only medigun is effected due not having preserve attributes.

Hey, uh, the KGBs are great and I love what they do dearly, but every so often I start missing the traditional sound effects and look of the regular fists. Is there maybe a way you could let the normal fists work the same as the KGBs or have their own special attribute? Like maybe keep the movement speed of the gloves(and lack of a minigun) and the mere under 150 damage per hit, but make it so each hit reduces the boss's rage by 1.5% at the cost of attack speed, or something wicked crazy like that. I dunno, I just feel like the stock weapons don't get as much love as they should, even though the stock sniper and syringe guns do what they do. ;x And it'd be nice to have a badass melee that can combat the more rage-dependent bosses, since most random pyros don't get that their airblasts give the ponies spinach.

Speaking of stock Melee, can we remove that damn Damage penalty on the stock kuiki?

It's great for having more ammo but you can't use a sniper rifle in a hale's face, maybe a huntsman but the penalty is annoying cause you're doing 50 damage every hit. compare this to the other stock melee's and it seems unfair.

Edited by Brony Down Under™
2 people like this

Wee booties and persian pursuader + shield combo is OP plz nerf............

Its not even funny anymore with this loadout you are even faster then scout, i just lost to one i had 5 hits 5 hits that never registered........ not even being able to remove their shields...........

Demoman with this loadout are just godlike and obviously overpowered.......

This issue has been ignored to long......

Heck i will take a break from servers untill these balance issues are solved....

http://www.twitch.tv/arokhantos/c/3621945

Enjoy watching 3 mins of me chasing a persian pursuader demoman

Edited by Arokhantos™

I think it's about time the orb and bomb spells are properly removed from the spell book. Since their 'removal' over a month ago, those two spells are still selected occasionally but have 0 charges, thus wasting the spell book's use for 12 seconds until it selects another spell. ...Which very well could be orb or bomb again.

The tiny and teleport spells have been completely removed from the spell book previously, so it certainly must be possible to do the same with orb and bomb.

Second Chance

Always wanted to suggest this since Two Cities came out.

Non-Scout/Engineer/Spy players drop a revive kit on death, the kits required health and duration (how long it has before it despawns automatically) are determinate on how much damage the deceased player has done to the boss in 4 'levels'. Revived players are outlined upon revival and have their max health reduced by 50. Players cannot be revived more then twice, on the second death the duration/health required are recalculated then halved/doubled respectively. Medics who revives dead players are rewarded half of that player damage to their total (this damage isn't inflicted to the boss but counts towards post-game score). REVIVE KITS CAN ONLY BE TARGETTED BY MEDICS USING THE QUICK-FIX (for added balance/sacrifice).

Level 1: Under 400 Damage

35% maximum player health required (example: soldier requires 70 health to be given before reviving)

20 second duration

Level 2: 401-1000 Damage

80% maximum player health required (example: soldier requires 160 health to be given before reviving)

15 second duration

Level 3: 1001-2500 Damage

120% maximum player health required (example: soldier requires 240 health to be given before reviving)

10 second duration

Level 4: 2500+ Damage

180% maximum player health required (example: soldier requires 360 health to be given before reviving)

8 second duration

Canteens

Dependent on damage done the previous round, players are able to purchase canteen charges (if they have it or the Battery Canteens equipped) to use in the current round via pop up menu in the pre-round. Tokens for purchasing these canteens are halved at the start of every round. Cost/amount given/effect listed below.

Damage Done:

• 1000 - 1999 - 1 Token
  • 2000 - 3499 - 2 Tokens
  • 3500 - 5000 - 4 Tokens
  • 5000+ - 6 Tokens

Effects:

(# of Charges don't stack)

• Surprise me! - 1 Token. Random generated effect on activation. 1 Charge.
  • Ubercharge - 2 Tokens. 2 seconds of Ubercharge. 3 Charges
  • Krit Charge - 2 Tokens. 4 seconds of Critical Boost. 3 Charges
  • Refill Ammo/Change Loadout - 2 Tokens. Regenerates your current inventory (includes changed loadouts). 1 Charge.
  • Upgrade Buildings - 3 Tokens. Upgrades all of your buildings by 1 level/repairs all if level 3. 1 Charge. Engineer Only.
  • Knockback Immunity - 4 Tokens. Grants you the Quick-Fixes uber (no healing), causes you to take no knockback and not be impared by stuns for 5 seconds. 3 Charges.
  • Bonk! Punch - 4 Tokens. Gives you the effect of drinking Bonk! Atomic Punch for 7 seconds. 1 Charge. Scout only but can be acquired on other classes via surprise me.
  • Charge! - 4 Tokens. Forces the player (if demoknight) to immediate charge for 2 seconds, other classes are given a temporary speed boost. 2 Charges.
  • Focus - 4 Tokens. Gives snipers the Hitman Heatmaker's Focus ability for 8 seconds. 1 Charge. Sniper Only.
  • Surprise me 3x! - 4 Tokens Random generated effect on activation. 3 Charges.
  • Fire Resistance - 5 Tokens. Gives players 8 seconds of fire immunity. 3 Charges.
  • Undying - 6 Tokens. Allows the player to survive an otherwise fatal blow for 8 seconds. 1 Charge.
  • Godly - 1% chance from Surprise me! - Combines Undying with addcond 72 (Speed boost, firing speed boost, reload speed boost, and infinite double jumps)

2 people like this

How would hales be buffed to compensate this diversification?

Personally, I would love for the medic to be able to his shield as an offensive ability, One of mediguns no longer gives uber/crits but rather acts like the quickfix giving large overheal and rapid healing to full health, whilst making this shield around which damages hale which stays within its radius, if possible it would act like the spit from l4d2, longer inside the damage zone the more damage it does.

Second Chance

Always wanted to suggest this since Two Cities came out.

Non-Scout/Engineer/Spy players drop a revive kit on death, the kits required health and duration (how long it has before it despawns automatically) are determinate on how much damage the deceased player has done to the boss in 4 'levels'. Revived players are outlined upon revival and have their max health reduced by 50. Players cannot be revived more then twice, on the second death the duration/health required are recalculated then halved/doubled respectively. Medics who revives dead players are rewarded half of that player damage to their total (this damage isn't inflicted to the boss but counts towards post-game score). REVIVE KITS CAN ONLY BE TARGETTED BY MEDICS USING THE QUICK-FIX (for added balance/sacrifice).

Level 1: Under 400 Damage

35% maximum player health required (example: soldier requires 70 health to be given before reviving)

20 second duration

Level 2: 401-1000 Damage

80% maximum player health required (example: soldier requires 160 health to be given before reviving)

15 second duration

Level 3: 1001-2500 Damage

120% maximum player health required (example: soldier requires 240 health to be given before reviving)

10 second duration

Level 4: 2500+ Damage

180% maximum player health required (example: soldier requires 360 health to be given before reviving)

8 second duration

Just limit max revives to 1 and -30% health uppon revival.

Make it work for every medigun, medics are extinct class, just don't make it work on specific classes that are listed especially scout.

Limit medic class to 5 or 6 implementing this though.

Canteens

Dependent on damage done the previous round, players are able to purchase canteen charges (if they have it or the Battery Canteens equipped) to use in the current round via pop up menu in the pre-round. Tokens for purchasing these canteens are halved at the start of every round. Cost/amount given/effect listed below.

Damage Done:

• 1000 - 1999 - 1 Token
  • 2000 - 3499 - 2 Tokens
  • 3500 - 5000 - 4 Tokens
  • 5000+ - 6 Tokens

Effects:

(# of Charges don't stack)

• Surprise me! - 1 Token. Random generated effect on activation. 1 Charge.
  • Ubercharge - 2 Tokens. 2 seconds of Ubercharge. 3 Charges
  • Krit Charge - 2 Tokens. 4 seconds of Critical Boost. 3 Charges
  • Refill Ammo/Change Loadout - 2 Tokens. Regenerates your current inventory (includes changed loadouts). 1 Charge.
  • Upgrade Buildings - 3 Tokens. Upgrades all of your buildings by 1 level/repairs all if level 3. 1 Charge. Engineer Only.
  • Knockback Immunity - 4 Tokens. Grants you the Quick-Fixes uber (no healing), causes you to take no knockback and not be impared by stuns for 5 seconds. 3 Charges.
  • Bonk! Punch - 4 Tokens. Gives you the effect of drinking Bonk! Atomic Punch for 7 seconds. 1 Charge. Scout only but can be acquired on other classes via surprise me.
  • Charge! - 4 Tokens. Forces the player (if demoknight) to immediate charge for 2 seconds, other classes are given a temporary speed boost. 2 Charges.
  • Focus - 4 Tokens. Gives snipers the Hitman Heatmaker's Focus ability for 8 seconds. 1 Charge. Sniper Only.
  • Surprise me 3x! - 4 Tokens Random generated effect on activation. 3 Charges.
  • Fire Resistance - 5 Tokens. Gives players 8 seconds of fire immunity. 3 Charges.
  • Undying - 6 Tokens. Allows the player to survive an otherwise fatal blow for 8 seconds. 1 Charge.
  • Godly - 1% chance from Surprise me! - Combines Undying with addcond 72 (Speed boost, firing speed boost, reload speed boost, and infinite double jumps)

Not sure if this is a good idea or not, make it hard to get these canteens, else people keep buying crit canteens to get maximum amount of tokens for the next round, and repeat this tactic until farmed enough tokens.

Tbh i think this will throw of balance probably to much.

Edited by Arokhantos™