Rainy

[Versus Ponyville] Weapon Suggestions

827 posts in this topic

I could care less about the Freedom Staff or the Necro Smasher, but the Pan, don't you dare touch the pan. It's fine the way it is. :c

Also keep in mind Engineer can use the Necro Smasher, so that causes problems.

I agree. The pan is wonderful and perfect as it is.

It would be a very sad thing if it were changed :<

1 person likes this

Regarding the spells, it really should go back to one spell at a time, WITH RNG (every player should have different spells, making spell combos harder with same spells). Spell spam has really affected some players of their play style, REALLY relying on spells. It was OP in the old days because before, there were Tiny and Tele spells, and all classes just had no primary weapons. (Leading to spell spies with knives, KGBS, and engies with buildings) Now, to today's standards, it would be great to have one spell at a time, but make the nerfs less intense, and it should work out just fine. Also, Tiny spell kind of would work now, because VALVe's 'bug fixing' with the spell (huehuehue, slopes kill you), so it shouldn't be OP anymore, just saying.

Edited by Ibuinesu
2 people like this

Im not quite sure if the Eureka Effect has stats in VSP but if it dosen't i got a possible suggestion for it, basically at the cost of it having a -25% slower build time and a shorter shoot radius (from 1100 Hammer units to possibly somewhere between 600-800 Hammer units) it does much more damage then the stock sentry gun does (possibly 15-30% more) and slightly more melee damage (possibly 10-15%).

I think the reason it was disabled before is because the taunt was built into the wrench. Now that it's a reload ability, that can probably be disabled. So new stats would be nice.

1 person likes this

Well, this one's been a long time coming, but since it just came up in conversation while not in the game, I'm going to let it out.

Goomba Scout Set

Scouts have had a long standing bad reputation of being useless. To counter this, things like the scoutknight set and the Shortstop fire allowed decently skilled scouts to often manage top 3 status. Another set, which had been around for awhile, was the goomba scout. This being:

• Soda Popper
  • The Winger
  • any melee

People can attest to the fact that done properly, it can be very useful. I once had people call me "mario" since I'd made a concerted effort to be decent with it and try to place on the top 3 with my stomps.

Unfortunately, this set is more often than not used to troll the hale. For this reason, it was given attributes to increase incoming damage. I believe Simple told me damage is increased by like 58% or something with both Soda Popper and Winger. Personally I have nothing against it...mostly. It's a difficult set to catch so the hale doing damage to it should make the target deader than dead. I'm fine with this.

The problem is fall damage.

Fall damage does nothing to stop the useless troll. The useless troll is just going to keep running without looking back and is more concerned with self-survival and as such won't stupidly fall to their death. The goomba scout, however, actually attempts to kill the hale and suffers fall damage as an inevitable occupational hazard. A 58% increase in fall damage absolutely screws the goomba scout over. It causes them to make less attempts against the hale (i.e. 3 on flat land instead of 5) before running off in search for often scarce health packs, or to yet again bug the same medic who's probably sick of you already. In essence, it forces the goomba scout to be more useless, which goes against the whole point of the nerf. At this point I find it more or less impractical, except on easy maps like Crevice and 2fortdesk, or healthpack rich maps like spotline

The solution to this while retaining the intended purpose...obviously it would be to remove the offending attribute and replace it with something better, either something like:

• -35 HP on wearer for Soda Popper
  • -15 HP on wearer for The Winger

Which would be the easier and less confusing solution, or a mix of these attributes (I'm pretty sure they're all multipliers, not 100%):

It was the first real useful scout loadout VSP ever had. It needs to return to its former glory.

Also, before people argue for using the pretty boy's...assuming it still even works, the Winger is superior due to the height that you get. It allows more fine tuning of your goomba attempts even if you're starting from a long, flat surface.

Edited by sarysa
2 people like this

There are quite a few reskin weapons that have no stats, or old stats.

• Postal Pummeler - It seems to still have the old half ammo and more damage stat on it. Axtinguisher has only about -25% ammo.
  • Fishcake - Does not have the +25 health on it that the Dalakohs Bar has.
  • Apoco Fists - Is completely default, should give more ammo like stock fists.

Lots of stuff sarysa said

Another annoying thing about the winger specifically, if used with the stock Scattergun, the bleed will take an extra point of health each time it ticks down. Being 3 instead of 2. Whether intended or not, it can be a pain, and i find myself relying on health packs and medics more often when using it.

There are quite a few reskin weapons that have no stats, or old stats.

• Postal Pummeler - It seems to still have the old half ammo and more damage stat on it. Axtinguisher has only about -25% ammo.
  • Fishcake - Does not have the +25 health on it that the Dalakohs Bar has.
  • Apoco Fists - Is completely default, should give more ammo like stock fists.

The Postal Pummeler had the damaged halved but still with old half ammo. The Axtinguisher also still didn't get the old stats like "crit vs burning players" removed and still made an advantage and disadvantage between these two as the Axtinguisher only had damage bonus when they were set on fire but less ammo penalty. Unfortunately, it was not intented. Also last reduced Axtinguisher's primary ammo to -20%.

All of heavy's melee reskins is a direct downgrade (including Holiday Punch) as it the fists has no downside compared to other stocks which had penalty like slower firing speed or less damage. The same is with the bottle.

Any chance the Ali Babbas Wee Booties can get a full turn while charging? I mean, if you go full demoknight, you deserve the turning in my opinion. Tide Turner lost that stat as it is, and it's just not very fun playing full demoknight.

1 person likes this

The Air Strike needs some Changes Let's first look at it's stats now.

+Increases attack speed while blast jumping(official TF2 Wikipedia says increased by 65%)
+ Fires a Barrage of 3 rockets when Blast Jumping.

-25% damage penalty

-15% explosion radius

Normally the Air Strike has 3 rockets and gains one for each kill, which was changed to just starting with 4 rockets, and removing  the power to gain extra. This Includes Killing a Minion that spawned from a hale.

This makes the Air Strike not only a complete downgrade from the stock  rather then it being just a side grade, and Into the worst Rocket Launcher you can use by far.

My idea for the stats are this.

Pros

+Increases attack speed while Rocket Jumping(Keep it the same 65%.)

+Clip size Increases with every 400 Damage done up to 5 extra rockets.( Rather then gutting out the special feature, and just giving them 1 extra rocket at the start, reward them for doing damage.)

+25% damage Increase (The reason behind this change is the way TF2 does rocket damage. The further you are away from the target when the rocket hits the less damage, if you are rocket jumping you are most of the time moving away from the hale so you already doing less damage when it hits. Not only will you be doing more damage to the hale, you will hurt yourself more every time you rocket jump.)

Cons

-20% firing speed while not Rocket Jumping.(The Idea behind this change is we want to encourages a player using this to rocket jump and shoot, rather then get closer to the hale for the full benefit of the extra damage that been tacked they would be losing DPS by shooting slower then a normal Air Strike on land.)

-25% clip size

-25% explosion radius(They are going to be spamming the rockets once they get more then a base clip of 3. Making the explosion radius 10% smaller then It is now.Will help off set the Extra rockets they get.)

So in the end, this changes the Air Strike into a under performing under powered weapon that is by far the worst  Rocket Launcher you could put on. Into a Weapon that has it's own Risk Vs. Reward of style of Self damage to Increase DPS done.

Any changes you think would make this weapon better balanced, I would love feedback.

(Also special thanks to Colgate who helped me get the stats the Air Strike.)

(Update After talking with Colgate Turns Out Knockback wouldn't effect one's own rockets for rocket jumping. So I am taking that out, and leaving this little message.)

Edited by Natsumehack

Any chance the Ali Babbas Wee Booties can get a full turn while charging? I mean, if you go full demoknight, you deserve the turning in my opinion. Tide Turner lost that stat as it is, and it's just not very fun playing full demoknight.

Building on this, why can't the Ali Babbas Wee Booties and the Bootlegger both have each others stats? I see newer players use the Bootlegger with a demoknight loadout, and usually have to tell them that they do different things on here. I think them both having the sticky jump buffs and the shield buffs whouldn't cause any issues. I also can't be a pirate with my bootlegger when I have a shield :c

1 person likes this

widowmaker

-only change i think it should have is you can't get metal from dispensers while its out just like the short circuit  

1 person likes this

widowmaker

-only change i think it should have is you can't get metal from dispensers while its out just like the short circuit  

Not to play off on this, but how about also that upon if an Engineer becomes the last man standing, his Widowmaker is reverted to the stock Shotgun?

1 person likes this

widowmaker

Not to play off on this, but how about also that upon if an Engineer becomes the last man standing, his Widowmaker is reverted to the stock Shotgun?

widowmaker

I think it's already like this? It might be a different stat doing it. But I'm fairly sure you cannot get ammo while it's active. I'll look into it a bit more.

Edit: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=407019370

It has this stat. You guys are silly, get your facts straight before suggesting :3.

Edited by Colgate❄

D-double Pooooost.

We allll hate spell snipers, so I'm going to suggest at least a small change. Make it so they cannot use ANY secondary with spells. This includes the RazorbackI think one reason spell snipers are so annoying is because 95% of them use the darn thing. It's essentially a 2nd life.

Edited by Colgate❄

D-double Pooooost.

We allll hate spell snipers, so I'm going to suggest at least a small change. Make it so they cannot use ANY secondary with spells. This includes the RazorbackI think one reason spell snipers are so annoying is because 95% of them use the darn thing. It's essentially a 2nd life.

Double this with DemoKnights.  It's gotta be one or the other.

widowmaker

I think it's already like this? It might be a different stat doing it. But I'm fairly sure you cannot get ammo while it's active. I'll look into it a bit more.

It has this stat. You guys are silly, get your facts straight before suggesting :3.

i think that was changed recently we had been talking with some of the admins about it in bugs and issues fr a couple of days i just posted on here for formality 

widowmaker

i think that was changed recently we had been talking with some of the admins about it in bugs and issues fr a couple of days i just posted on here for formality 

I'm fairly sure that it's always been there. I could be wrong though

Found a bug with the new taunts, tried to use the sax taunt with the Twilight Boss on the EU server but it didn't play the animations (sounds worked). Also tried the most wanted taunt and got same result.

Actually all of them needs to be recompiled with the new animations, which means all of them must be updated, which means we'd have to do this with all of them, then give raini the new versions, then have people downloading all models, not something I'd plan doing.

Complicated stuff bellow

Valve made the dumb decision of adding a new file with the new taunts instead of modifying each class animation file like they used to, if this file isn't imported on the model then you don't have the necessary animation to use the new taunt, and if the animation isn't detected you can't use said taunt.

widowmaker

I told Raini about the Widowmaker using the wrong attribute (was using can't collect ammo from dispensers instead of metal from dispensers) back in August 2014, it's been there for a long time. Next time get your facts straight please.

Several dozen changes (nerfs / buffs / balancing etc) got implemented based on last 4 pages of feedback (from the last patch). Regarding winger / soda popper: I have balanced them this way for a reason. You are meant to take more falling damage with both of them equipped, since it makes you so much more mobile as a scout. I have balanced scouts in several ways, and all the weapons give you downsides but have benefits (maybe except the backscatter). Slowing down the scouts, removing the double jump, and the infamous HP drain on the default scattergun are all the things I did to balance a class that's usually hard to balance. Right now it works out fairly well, all things considered. Every weapon has its strength and its downside, and the only one that does not affect speed, ammo, vulnerability or jumping abilities is the default scattergun, which is the one that has the HP drain necessary to prevent F2P scouts from stalling.

Regarding soda popper / winger; there had to be a pretty significant downside to being able to jump anywhere, it also being one of the most popular weapons to stall with, and I chose to make the gravity damage you heavily (along with any other kind of damage) if you miss a goomba / jump off things. Keep in mind, that the 33% damage vulnerability for the winger only applies when the pistol is out (I am wrong, it does not, the point still stands though).  Same thing goes for the pocket pistol, the reason so many people use it is because you can just take it out when you fall, and then switch back to your primary since the pistol's effects only work when it is out. Changing the vulnerability to melee + others will defeat the purpose of what I did with it, which is making it very dangerous to use the soda popper + winger concurrently.

Stuff Simple said

Is there any chance we can get all of these stats listed on here? It can get a bit irritating having a large amount of weapons changed and not knowing what does what anymore as a player. The only things I've noticed so far is that most of the stock melees appear to have been nerfed.

2 people like this