Rainy

[Versus Ponyville] Weapon Suggestions

821 posts in this topic

The idea of restricting it to quick-fix only is that they're giving up most of their protection to bring people back from the dead at the cost of time spent reviving, bosses no longer have to deal with excessive crits and uber but compensate with having to rekill a handful of people.

Also you didn't read the fact that their unspent tokens are halved at the start of every round thus reducing farming, then again this can just be fixed by having a cap so they can't have more then 3 or so unspent tokens stored at a time.

Something tells me that these points will somehow be easily earned via Mage Demoknights, KGB Heavies, and pretty much anyone else who can't use a stock weapon to save their life (literally).

Something tells me that these points will somehow be easily earned via Mage Demoknights, KGB Heavies, and pretty much anyone else who can't use a stock weapon to save their life (literally).

Or Strew and Fluffy come in and get 9K per round. Making them more Dangerous.

Edited by Brony Down Under™

Which only happened last night because the hales were freaking TERRIBLE. Clearly hale skill has waned in my absence.

I was actually thinking of making a tutorial video for the server, so when they look up the rules or join the server, my video pops up briefly explaining the basics. But that kind of talk I should save for another thread.

Or Strew and Fluffy come in and get 9K per round. Making them more Dangerous.

The server could use a little bit more Lord Fluffy less than sign three.

Now for some simplier weapon ideas.

Direct Hit:

With the Rocket Launcher buff mimicing the basic damage of a non-airshot rocket from the Direct Hit, it really should get something

+25% faster reload speed

Genuine Flying Guillotine:

Its broken, might as well just remove its attributes

Mad Milk:

To encourage support scout

+30% Recharge Speed

Jag

Remove Sentry Range Attribute

Add:

Cannot Pick Up Buildings

Removes Destroy PDA

Fancy Spellbook/Spellbook Magazine:

Replaces existing melee weapon with stock variant (disables stronger Demoknights, KGB Heavies)

Cannot be equipped on Engineer

Edited by TheGreatJug™
2 people like this

Direct Hit:

With the Rocket Launcher buff mimicing the basic damage of a non-airshot rocket from the Direct Hit, it really should get something

+25% faster reload speed

Mad Milk:

+30% Recharge Speed

Jag

Add:

Cannot Pick Up Buildings

Removes Destroy PDA

Replaces existing melee weapon with stock variant (disables stronger Demoknights, KGB Heavies)

I'm pretty sure The Gen. Guillotine is meant to be that way, you don't get a scatter, and you have a slower move speed. It's a real challenge when using it.

Mad milk could also remove rage instead of adding it, the same way the Jarate works for sniper.

A Non pick up buildings would be good for nerfing the jag but I feel the Destruction PDA is still needed incase you've got a spy boss using your teleporters. Also I feel that a +5 metal regen would be nice incase you're on a map with little to no ammo packs. (Eg. Courtyard)

I'd make it if someone has the skullcutter, they can't have an action slot. That's really the only major Demo Melee apart from the HHH. But I do like the Engineer bit, Spell Engineers are a pain (Sorry Skeith).

Direct Hit:

+25% faster reload speed

Mad Milk:

+30% Recharge Speed

Jag

Add:

Cannot Pick Up Buildings

Removes Destroy PDA

I'm pretty sure The Gen. Guillotine is meant to be that way, you don't get a scatter, and you have a slower move speed. It's a real challenge when using it.

Mad milk could also remove rage instead of adding it, the same way the Jarate works for sniper.

A Non pick up buildings would be good for nerfing the jag but I feel the Destruction PDA is still needed incase you've got a spy boss using your teleporters. Also I feel that a +5 metal regen would be nice incase you're on a map with little to no ammo packs. (Eg. Courtyard)

I'd make it if someone has the skullcutter, they can't have an action slot. That's really the only major Demo Melee apart from the HHH. But I do like the Engineer bit, Spell Engineers are a pain (Sorry Skeith).

The Cleaver didn't seem to work for me the last couple of times I've tried it.

I'm more inclined to keeping it as health on hit since its a more team assisting mechanic.

The problem with the Jag when I originally made it was I didn't take in consideration how powerful it would be, not picking up buildings, removing its so unnecessary sentry range, and having it so you can't destroy your buildings is a good start. Its a balancing process and testing will be required in order to make it fair while also useful.

The issue is with the spellbooks are they add too much considering what they're taking away for classes like Heavy, Demoman, and especially Engineer since two of the 3 have melee based subclasses and the third having his shotgun taken away is absolutely nothing considering the entire class is based around buildings not to mention thanks to custom weapons, all 3 classes already have a set where it automatically takes away the primary weapon (Boots/Shield, KGB, Jag). It'd would actually work better if Engineers are autogiven Gunslingers upon equipping the Spellbook if they still want to keep it as is so they could use it, that or make it so on equip it increases building cost by 71 and removing the Jag's increased max metal attribute so they'd be able to build everything but the sentry. As for Demoknights/KGBs, spellbooks are a free utility upgrade to some of the strongest hitters in VSP. Another alternative for all of this would be to have it so it only spits out Fireball spells for those subclasses.

I'd also wanna suggest that soldiers really should lose their secondary slot upon Last Man Standing if its a Banner or Boots, these (especially Gunboats and Concheror) only seem to encourage round delaying.

Perhaps the Skullcutter probably shouldn't build heads or at least have a higher head requirement for shield regenning (originally I had it so they couldn't knowing that it was a powerful weapon and shouldn't be paired with more movement speed).

Also Bootleggers still have 80% resistance on them, needs to be dumbed down to 40~%

I'm still trying to fix up a script that allows minigun-based Heavies to be a bit more useful, you can find my original suggestion regarding this in the other thread, its about allowing Heavies to be more mobile while using their minigun and also get more bonuses the longer they've been spun up.

Gonna be looking into Pyros to give them more than just airblasting, they seem to be more underplayed then usual. Also same for traditional Demomen.

Edited by TheGreatJug™

I'd say on demo and heavy the spellbook should kill the melee slot, not the primary slot: The whole point is to balance by killing the most commonly used and useful weapon. And in VSH that's Melee for both those classes.

Gonna be looking into Pyros to give them more than just airblasting, they seem to be more underplayed then usual. Also same for traditional Demomen.

My god Pyro's are underpowered. a 400 ammo is much better than 300 as i find myself constantly looking for ammo. And the only Demo loadouts that are used are Knights or Sticky Jumpers.

"And the only Demo loadouts that are used are Knights or Sticky Jumpers."

I use sticky traps/grenade launchers on some maps. Depends on the scenario

Pyros are a bit crap for doing damage, and that only encourages them to airblast like crazy, which is risk-avoiding behaviour and really annoying. It makes it hard for everyone else to aim, randomises hale movement and makes it hard to kill the Pyro (without actually making them a useful class). It also makes sentry nests way OP if there's a pyro defending.

It's part of a general problem of too many things launching the hale right now. Nearly all the spells do it, quite alot of the melees do it, rockets, FoNs, sentries, pyros... the hale spends nearly as much time in the air as they do on the ground sometimes, and on maps like oilrig it gets unplayable unless you rage alot (and have a good rage).

This plus the fact that the weigh-down isn't working in instances that you need it to work.

Also about the thing of spells and melees on heavies, the same can be said if the spells disabled melee and only primary is enabled, and we would instead be arguing that spells should go together with melees right now.

2 people like this

"Also about the thing of spells and melees on heavies, the same can be said if the spells disabled melee and only primary is enabled, and we would instead be arguing that spells should go together with melees right now."

I disagree. Heavy Melee has been specifically buffed for VSH, it's deliberately been made much more powerful than the other slots.

1 person likes this

Heres an idea!

Spellbooks cannot be used on Spies and Engineers and removes Primary (Secondary for Demoman and Medic) Weapons on the remaining classes THEN their melee weapons are replaced with Freedom Staves.

2 people like this

Heres an idea!

Spellbooks cannot be used on Spies and Engineers and removes Primary (Secondary for Demoman and Medic) Weapons on the remaining classes THEN their melee weapons are replaced with Freedom Staves.

It'd certainly go well with the whole mage thing, I like it :) So long as it's an unbuffed version, as in the KGB heavies and Demoknights don't get the usual buff they would without their magic-bazooka/rocketsentry/autoheal.

The idea of restricting it to quick-fix only is that they're giving up most of their protection to bring people back from the dead at the cost of time spent reviving, bosses no longer have to deal with excessive crits and uber but compensate with having to rekill a handful of people.

Also you didn't read the fact that their unspent tokens are halved at the start of every round thus reducing farming, then again this can just be fixed by having a cap so they can't have more then 3 or so unspent tokens stored at a time.

All the other mediguns will be worthless then whats the point, quickfix already gives more overheal also and a uber makes you godlike still while also giving crits.

My god Pyro's are underpowered. a 400 ammo is much better than 300 as i find myself constantly looking for ammo. And the only Demo loadouts that are used are Knights or Sticky Jumpers.

Their damage very low their utility is fine, backburner afterburn dmg is worthless 1 dmg for long duration ? another pyro hits hale and bye bye afterburn.

Heck increased duration of afterburn is worthless.

Celestia is 99% immune to fire dmg, her attribute say's 20% but it acts like 99.99% fire immunity.

You could consider this fine, but i do not consider this fine heck i consider this outragious i have go hit boss with axe to get my damage quota and for whole fight i am worthless as pyro.

Anyway i am kinda losing intrest playing on server these day's same problems from 2 3 month's ago are still their unfixed, most of the weapons are customized via attributes its not hard to tweak those attributes.

Direct Hit:

+25% faster reload speed

Mad Milk:

+30% Recharge Speed

Jag

Add:

Cannot Pick Up Buildings

Removes Destroy PDA

Rather remove the +25% firing speed its totaly OP and adds to much knockback, if insist on keeping it give every hale around 30 35% knockback resistance and reduce max metal to 300.

As for rest those are awesome idea's, especialy mad milk though i doubt i would ever use mad milk still, i just love force of nature.

Heres an idea!

That would be awesome change, though i think few more changes are needed to spellbooks to make it desired while at same time not obviously OP, i don't want the orb spam back ever again tbh.

This plus the fact that the weigh-down isn't working in instances that you need it to work.

Also about the thing of spells and melees on heavies, the same can be said if the spells disabled melee and only primary is enabled, and we would instead be arguing that spells should go together with melees right now.

If posted a fix before it was ignored, it makes weigh down so instant you can keep your self on the ground with ease.
Another idea would be to rewrite weightdown plugin to give 100% knockback resistance while using weightdown, + a 5 sec 50% knockback resistance buf after landing on the ground.
100% knockback should then only trigger while used in the air, and 50% knockback resistance buff for 5 sec would only trigger upon landing on ground.
Edited by Arokhantos™

Their damage very low their utility is fine, backburner afterburn dmg is worthless 1 dmg for long duration ? another pyro hits hale and bye bye afterburn.

Heck increased duration of afterburn is worthless.

Celestia is 99% immune to fire dmg, her attribute say's 20% but it acts like 99.99% fire immunity.

You could consider this fine, but i do not consider this fine heck i consider this outrageous i have go hit boss with axe to get my damage quota and for whole fight i am worthless as pyro.

Actually she just has fireproof for 5 Seconds on hit from fire. But yeah afterburn damage needs to increase but less duration.

If say'd it many times before and i say it again, nerf demoknight with persian pursuader, charge cooldown way to short melee speed way to fast......... charge has to much knockback.......

Heads give movement speed bonus nerf.................

I am seriously enraging when a demoknight with persian pursuader just runs around forever not even doing any damage, only charging and running fullfilling scout role at stalling 10 times more effectively........

Not funny anymore tired of complaining......... some point i am gonna stop bothering will just move on.....

Demo knights running around with only the intention to stall and run around basically not even attempting to fight need big nerf.......

Scouts stalling is bad enough already, demoknights are much better at it.......

Edited by Arokhantos™

One rageable targets

Speed Demos > Scouts > Engi Nests > Medic's with a charge

You need to stop thinking of one rage, pinkie pie's rage does't help one bit against speed demo's......

Speed demo's hardly add anything to vsp either they just stall gameplay running around charging the momment you try to catch up to them using super jump..........

their charge cooldown is nothing, it has no penalty for using it.

Edited by Arokhantos™

One rageable targets

You need to stop thinking of one rage, pinkie pie's rage does't help one bit against speed demo's......

Speed demo's hardly add anything to vsp either they just stall gameplay running around charging the momment you try to catch up to them using super jump..........

It's not that hard to take down a 'speedy demo' and the little 'scoots' that scoot around. All you have to do is outsmart them.

One rageable targets

It's not that hard to take down a 'speedy demo' and the little 'scoots' that scoot around. All you have to do is outsmart them.

Says the one that Market Gardner's everyone with Iron Will or Surprise.

Ok..

Since it's February, I would like to spread a couple suggestions and these 2 classes deserve the love...

The Sun-On-A-Stick 

100px-Item_icon_Sun-on-a-Stick.png?t=201  

Index: 349

Particle Effect: Orbiting Fire unusual particle effect

Weapon Attributes (For VSP):

208 (+) On Hit: Target is engulfed in flames

178 (+) +20% faster weapon switch

1 (-) -25% damage penalty*

Harnessing the element of fire, the sun-on-a-stick (or simply called the “Torch”) grants the user to inflict additional damage upon it’s foe,

leaving victims to burn for a short amount of time and highly exposed to some attribute "finishers".

"Talk about bringing the heat to the battlefield.."

* - Current attribute listed and kept without change

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Warrior’s Spirit

100px-Item_icon_Warrior%27s_Spirit.png?t

Index: 310

Particle Effect: N/A

Weapon attributes (For VSP):

+50% Damage Resistance

Restricts Primary and Secondary

Restricts Spellbook

2 (+) 150% Damage Bonus

115 (+) Damage increases as the user becomes injured

326 (+) +40% Increased jump height

220 (+) On Kill: Restores you to 50% health

63 (-) -30% critical hit damage vulnerability on wearer

“When you gotta act like an animal, you gotta think like an animal.. especially an animal with a fashion sense and an urge to pounce on your prey..”

The Warrior’s Spirit may act similarly like the KGBs.. except you no longer have the ability to collect ammo and damage into health,

restricted from both your primary and secondary equipment, no reductions to push force, movements speed and more prone to critical damage. However the user can regain half your health on kill or pick-ups and followed with increased jump height.

Edited by PBandJ Commando
3 people like this

Speed demos aren't that much of an issue: The shield doesn't take you that far and it takes quite a while to recharge. Demomages are much worse, all the more so because they can still cast during a rage.