Rainy

[Versus Ponyville] Weapon Suggestions

827 posts in this topic

Vaccinator is somehow more dumb then it used to be. Thanks Valve.

Current stats

+50% UberCharge rate (10)

Press your reload key to cycle through resist types.

While healing, provides you and your target with a constant 10% resistance to the selected damage type.

You are healed for 10% of the matched incoming damage on your patient.

-66% Overheal build rate. (479)

-66% UberCharge rate on Overhealed patients. (739)

Suggestion

+75% UberCharge rate (10)

Press your reload key to cycle through resist types.

While healing, provides you and your target with a constant 10% resistance to the selected damage type.

You are healed for 10% of the matched incoming damage on your patient.

+50% UberCharge duration. (314)

Nothing negative.

Considering the nerfs it has on Uber build rate, you just have to wait such a long time, for a measly 2.5 seconds of resists, crits, or speed. The Overheal penalty and Uber penalty definitely need to go, as it makes the Medi Gun completely useless almost. Then a buff to the Uber duration I feel could actually make it somewhat decent.

Problem is that it's actually still broken though. Ever since Valve completely overhauled the thing, it only actually half works anyways, so it would need to be fixed also. Half the time your Uber works on time, sometimes it's a second or so late for whatever reason.

tl;dr

Worst Medi Gun

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_j5wFL-pYK1PI8meKOF3OdjgQdfawtuNAb9h_oY0Pmc/edit?usp=sharing   I made this a while back, I think I did good.

1 person likes this

Another thing: Demo Projectiles go straight through walls and the ground. Even on hales like Pinkamena and Nightmare Moon, everything has to be a direct hit.

Another thing: Demo Projectiles go straight through walls and the ground. Even on hales like Pinkamena and Nightmare Moon, everything has to be a direct hit.

This happened plenty amount of times lately.

It works fine and then at a time, this glitch will occur. This works and glitch itself over and over again at times.

I know a reason to such a glitch happening is due to the amount of props loaded at the time but this can't be reason of it happening.

Edited by ThunderRunner

Incoming suggestions.

Flaregun/Detonator:

+ Alt-fire mini-crits target that are burning. 

A bonus that was added in the Gun Mettle update, and the flares are already awful at dealing damage so would be better with this bonus as it don't make it still useful since you have the flare jumping.

Escape Plan/Equalizer

Blocks healing while in use.

Can be annoying if you want to use your maximum speed but Medics are healing you to prevent you from that. Also the way to charge your uber much faster :P

Batsaber/Giger Counter/C.A.P.P.E.R

Update these weapons to it's stats the servers are using on the reskins as they still are using PvP stats.

Edited by ThunderRunner

Can the widowmaker's fire rate be returned to its vanilla fire rate?

It might have just been the map, but I and my partner got absolutely destroyed on spotline as tia and lulu, because a single engineer with a level 1 sentry, dispenser and a widowmaker was camping in this spot (http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198017447754/screenshot/400053744938099751) on the yellow barrels. It didn't matter if we raged or not to disable the sentry, the engie easily held us back with just his widowmaker.

To be honest, I don't know why it has the fire rate is has now, but it is in no way fair that non-stun hales cannot destroy such a set-up.

The Cow Mangler's charged shot doesn't seem to do much different than a normal shot. Only extra thing it does in minicrit, which any other shot can do after setting the hale on fire with the first shot. I recommend a 300 damage (with damage fallout of course) and the fire damage rate that the manmelter has (9 damage per tick) so using the charged shot can be worth it. Also include a bigger blast radius. Right now, emptying your charges on a shot that will do the same as a normal one isn't worth it.

2 people like this

Quick suggestion for the Tomislav.

Currently it's something along the lines of +10% firing speed, 20% damage penalty, 20% faster move speed while deployed (This doesn't even work btw).

To keep it short, it's trash, and there's no reason to use it.

Just make it default, the 20% accuracy boost will actually make it somewhat useful.

3 people like this

Obligatory reminder for fixing the new skins we got in the latest update.

Some weapons might need some rebalancing too, but will get to that later.

3 people like this

You can still axe combo with all pyro melee weapons with the degreaser besides the axtinguisher (no idea what the actual f*ck valve was thinking with that weapon), besides that everything is bascailly the same on pyro and nothing broke too badly besides the fact that the flamethrowers do slightly more damage from the tip of the flames. So I guess fixing the axtinguisher would be about all thats needed.

Edited by WHYYYY.EXE

You can still axe combo with all pyro melee weapons with the degreaser besides the axtinguisher (no idea what the actual f*ck valve was thinking with that weapon), besides that everything is bascailly the same on pyro and nothing broke too badly besides the fact that the flamethrowers do slightly more damage from the tip of the flames. So I guess fixing the axtinguisher would be about all thats needed.

Personally think the Degreaser needs a fix still though. Comboing is still possible, but its so much more difficult, and much less rewarding. Not a huge point in using it now over the other flamethrowers, especially considering the nerfed airblast cost and damage penalty it has. Suggest it be boosted up to at least ~50% on holster time (199).

1 person likes this

Personally think the Degreaser needs a fix still though. Comboing is still possible, but its so much more difficult, and much less rewarding. Not a huge point in using it now over the other flamethrowers, especially considering the nerfed airblast cost and damage penalty it has. Suggest it be boosted up to at least ~50% on holster time (199).

Gonna be honest here. I love the new tough break update because it buffed all the flamethrowers, even the degreaser changes are more of a buff than a nerf. That being said however, the degreaser in vsp is utter garbage and isnt good enough to be worth a primary slot so here is my suggestion to change it.

Remove the damage penalty and just make it like the original stock flamethrower damage wise in tf2 (attribute 1)

Increase afterburn time by +50% (attribute 71)

Flame spread area increased by 20% (attribute 162)

Flame ammo per sec reduced by 25% (attribute 174)

Increase weapon holster by 60% (178) or (199 im not sure)

Keep the extra airblast cost

Keep the burn damage penalty

On the axtinguisher and volcano fragmenet which are the actual damage weapons in the degreaser combo.

Axtinguisher needs its slower switch speed and firing speed removed so it can actually axe combo, nothing else needs to change

Volcano fragement needs +150% afterburn damage increase instead of 100%. Ive played with this weapon for a long while now and the inital burst damage of the axtingiuisher still overpowers the actual damage of the volcano fragements afterburn in terms of usefulness and damage dealing potential.

That should fix everything pyro related for tough break in terms of vsp.

3 people like this

Forgive the double post but it also seems the reserve shooter is bugged at the moment and doesnt actually minicrit when you airblast targets. It wasent really useful anyway so I think using this bug is a good excuse to probably change its stats up a bit to make it more special. Im going to make my balance ideas around a pyro using the reserve shooter (because lets be honest, what soldier ACTUALLY uses the reserve shooter).

So at the moment the stock shotgun has a +40% damage bonus and fires I think its +25% extra pellets I cant remember off the top of my head but its a LOT of damage. The reserve shooter on the other hand has a +10% damage boost that minicrits airborne targets with 3 shots in the clip compared to the stocks 8 AND a faster fire rate where as the reserve shooters only other saving grace is that it makes you switch slightly faster.

So basically the stock shotgun is WAY better than the reserve shooter on the server so lets fix that with 2 ideas.

IDEA NUMBER ONE

Reserve Shooter

+Target is engulfed in flames (208)

+10% Damage bonus (2)

+Crit vs burning players (20)

-10% Damage penalty vs non burning (21)

Keep switch speed and negative clip size

IDEA NUMBER TWO

Reserve Shooter

+Target is engulfed in flames (208)

+60% Burn damage increase (71)

+Mini crit vs burning player (209)

+20% Damage bonus

Keep the switch speed and negative clip size

I personally think idea number one is more powerful than idea number two but I think idea number two has more of a fun and gimicky aspect to the weapon because fire is always fun to play with. The ideas I gave are kinda just out of the box to make the weapon something special. In all honesty a +30% damage boost instead of +10% and removal of the clip size would probably make the weapon decent in vsp but I like the idea of making it more of a niche weapon for pyro since the only other class that can use the shooter is soldier and I dont really think any soldier uses the thing.

Edited by WHYYYY.EXE

All the new skins needs their custom stats to be added

Due to the amount of new skins I built a small application to make the process much faster. Idunno when the skins will be updated, but I sent the app to simple, so sometime soon most likely.

3 people like this

Any reason the stock scattergun only drains 1 hp every 4-5 seconds, despite it's description saying -1hp/s?

Edited by Koekelbag

Any reason the stock scattergun only drains 1 hp every 4-5 seconds, despite it's description saying -1hp/s?

It's because of the reworks Valve did to the health regen on the Conch and Cozy Camper.

This also effects the Jarate. Jarate is almost completely worthless to use right now, since you have to hold it out for such a long time for the regen to become useful. So Cozy is pretty much always better.

Not entirely sure if it's "fixable", it might be a bit buggy no matter what you do to it.

Could always remove the health drain on the Scattergun entirely, since its dumb :3 (I actually never minded it)

Jarate definitely needs a rework of some kind though. The health regen was sorta pointless anyways considering the Cozy Camper can already do that, needs something entirely different.

2 people like this

snip

Know this response is delayed, but whatev.

Reason it doesn't minicrit now is because it still has the old, no longer working stat. Just needs the new one applied. (114)

Though I completely agree that it's junk compared to the stock shotgun, though I wouldn't want it adding burning damage.

I thought it'd be a neat idea to just give it a nice accuracy boost (106?), then buff it back up to having 4 shots in a clip. Of course this with the minicrit damage still.

Then the reserve could be the slower shooting shotgun that rewards you for being accurate, while the stock is better for spamming without thinking much.

While on the topic of Pyro, might as well throw in some other suggestions.

Backburner:

Please just remove the extra ammo consumption on it (173) , it's not that great of a Flamethrower, doesn't really need the nerf.

Nostromo Napalmer:

I never understood why the Napalmer had custom stats, it might be craftable, but it's not that easily acquirable, and there's literally another skin sitting right there that could take the stats, the Rainblower. Though, the current stat's are easily outshined by stock since the buffs it's gotten. Since I'm too lazy to think of it's own stats, just making it the same as stock would make it better honestly, will let more creative people think of better stats.

2 people like this

I think the Big Earner could use a buff. Currently it is a downgrade in every way, Less health. No reward for backstabbing Hale. I don't even think it gives cloak on hit. I was thinking that it could have the speed boost on back stab but at the cost of being one hit by hale (Even with DR) by giving him Melee vulnerability.

Speed Boost on Back-stab

+25% Cloak on Back-stab

Melee Vulnerability - 500%

And, As it stands now. Stock Cloak is COMPLETELY useless. I know it was given a 3% speed boost passively. But its really not helpful, as a medic is 7% faster than stock speed classes. The speed boost isn't nearly close to medic speed. So maybe with the big earner buff the cloak would be usable / worth using again.

(FIX BIG EARNER PLS)

^2595F647FCAA29A2B6E9CFE399A82E92350733D587EB15F8FD^pimgpsh_thumbnail_win_distr.jpg

Edited by Mystery™
4 people like this

On 2/13/2016 at 5:57 PM, Aurotzel said:

So, Multi and I did a bunch of Pyro rework idea stuff.

Link here > https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i1K6IJROTv54yV18aJE1GazkCi7ed7h5ZPUkjD2zm0U/edit?usp=sharing

Might do other classes in the future.

I like reading Pyro weapon stats because it lets me find ideas on how to mess with people so lets take a look.

To start off I like the way pyro is going on the vsp server which is being a damage class instead of a support class which is there to build hales rage and basically be a punching bag. (Any weapon I don't mention from your document I agree with fully.)

Phlogistiantor-

I don't think Simple or people on the vsp servers would like seeing uberd phlog pyros again, but I am down with the changes.

Volcano Fragment-

Still think it needs the 150% afterburn damage bonus to be a side-grade to the axtinguisher.

Overall I like all the pyro changes.

Phlog changes are fine but I don't think Simple or people on the servers will like them.

Volcano Fragment probably needs 150% afterburn damage to be a side-grade

Everything else I think will be great additions to the pyro's arsenal or are properly balanced

All the changes boost pyros damage ability but still make him easily destroyed by people who spam neigh down, aka anyone who is competent. But that's fine I guess... I will proceed to annoy those people and try to time them out and end the round in a stalemate until that is fixed. 

Wanna truly fix pyro tho?

Give neigh down a longer cool down of at least a full second I think that's fair right? I like being able to airblast hale and then use a secondary weapon without being smacked in the face instantly. Its literally a rage that counters no other class but pyro and the occasional sentry gun/heavy and takes no damage to charge. Its gotten to the point where not only have people found out how to abuse it to counter pyro but they can LEAP FORWARD with it. As in I will  burn them while holding s to maximize flamethrower damage only have them jump in the air and then neigh down and then jump and neigh down again to be boosted about 3 feet forward, cancel my airblast and then smack me in the face. The only way to counter it is to hold down right mouse which doesn't even work sometimes and then waste all of your flamethrowers ammunition after dealing around 200ish damage and then have hale be on his merry way. Needless to say I am very salty because it makes all the flamethrowers that revolve around burning hale for damage or ANY pyro weapon for that matter near useless. I already hate having to camp in building because hale can jump halfway across the map and make sure that building doesn't have a low enough ceiling for hale to jump off it, I don't want to have to also watch out for the most deadly thing every map has that is literally unavoidable... the floor.

Sorry for the rant and sorry for the bad grammar.

Edited by WHYYYY.EXE

4 hours ago, WHYYYY.EXE said:

-snip-

I honestly really dislike the Phlog and didn't want to give any idea to buff it, but it's just bad how it is right now. Also think that any weapon with a heal block should get reworked as it is, since it's just a pain for Medics. If there needs to be a nerf set in place, I'd think a slight range nerf would be the best way to do it.

Can agree to buffing the Volcano Fragment a bit more, I never really found much a use for it.

When it comes to the weighdown, I agree that it's annoying as a Pyro, but trust me, the hale is definitely more irritated then you are with the airblasting to begin with. Never really knew how to truly "fix" pyro, but I don't think a buff to one of his most powerful tools he already has will really make it more balanced. It will just make hale even less fun. Pyro's will always succeed at annoying people, airblast is annoying. Especially when you're forced to melee only. If weighdown didn't exist, and people didn't rage Pyros as much as they did, and then people spammed airblast constantly, hale would pretty much be next to impossible to win.

3 people like this