827 posts in this topic

- Big Earner -

Defaults

+30 cloak on kill

-25 max health on wearer

Proposed additions

(107) Move speed increased | 10%

Deal 7% max health damage to the boss.

Having a minor speed boost can make the spy a little OP, perhaps we could maybe give it a slight beneficial attribute like maybe:

178 (+) 30% faster weapon switch?

That would mean spy's quick switch in between stabs to do double or even triple backstabs.

I get the whole risk and reward thing for spies... but right now it's far too easy for them to avoid risk by just cloaking all the time. Dead ringer in particular needs to be nerfed, it's as powerful/more so than the demo's shield, but the spy can recharge it just by picking up ammo. I'd like to see it work the same way the shield does; First hit kills it, but they can get it back by doing alot of damage.

I get the whole risk and reward thing for spies... but right now it's far too easy for them to avoid risk by just cloaking all the time. Dead ringer in particular needs to be nerfed, it's as powerful/more so than the demo's shield, but the spy can recharge it just by picking up ammo. I'd like to see it work the same way the shield does; First hit kills it, but they can get it back by doing alot of damage.

An easier way would be that they can't get healing but don't take fall damage. And gain 65 health on backstab, giving them full health again.

Pyro's and medics tbh are very underplayed especialy pyro i barely see anyone play pyro anymore.......... 

That concept of "someone playing a pyro" has been out there for the longest time.

* Medics: Part of the problem is that they can do very little damage themselves (except for a very skilled player with the crossbow) and it's hard for them to be useful and absorb damage from the player they're healing. The players which need more help are the front line classes like demos, soldiers, heavies and scouts (if anyone used them properly) but it can be hard to stay in contact with them in order to absorb the damage properly. It's easier to heal a sniper/engie and absorb their damage, but this is annoying as it ghosts the snipers and is rather useless for both. Some medics also pull the annoying stalling trick of ubering, hanging around the place while invulnerable, then doing just enough damage to charge the uber again and generally being unkillable. Medic-medic teams are particularly guilty at this, although they do sometimes do damage that way.

What I'd like to see is a switch from medics gaining points by their heal target doing damage, to gaining points by healing. That way there'd be no point healing a healthy sniper who's in no danger of actaully getting hurt, and it'd encourage them to actually do their job. I'd make an exception that ubered medics can absorb their target's damage points because that's actually useful behaviour.

* Pyros: Are a problem. Their most powerful attack against the hale is a risk avoidance weapon, the airblast. The airblast needs to be severely limited to begin with, each pyro shouldn't have more than one or two per full reload, this would also solve the problem of them camping at engie nests and providing knockback: They'd empty the dispenser pretty quickly that way.

The ones which don't try to airblast that hale off the oilrig all the time, try to snipe with the flareguns and avoid the hale by spellcasting. Also a problem, but only because spells are waaaay OP.

The other issue is that the pyro does very little damage, the flamethrower doesn't do much and they're two weak/slow to act as a melee class. What I think would make them an interesting and unique class would be to give them buffs related to fire. For example: If their melee did *alot* of extra damage while the hale was on fire, but the hale didn't stay on fire for long, they'd have to tread a very careful and skillful line of flaming, switching to melee, getting in one or two strong hits, then back to flamethrower. You can already do this with the axetinguisher (I think?), I tried it the other day and it was fun, but for the amount of risk/effort/skill required to use, it doesn't really do enough damage.

It's funny really, the only person I've seen good with pyro is Kraithe. I struggle to get 1K with pyro myself. Hell I love jumping as a pyro but I think they need 200 Health, And The backburner needs it's 400 Ammo. Plus I'd love to see some variety in Pyro Melee Weapons. Like having Bleed on the Axetinguisher or Slow on the Homewrecker.

The other issue is that the pyro does very little damage, the flamethrower doesn't do much and they're two weak/slow to act as a melee class. What I think would make them an interesting and unique class would be to give them buffs related to fire. For example: If their melee did *alot* of extra damage while the hale was on fire, but the hale didn't stay on fire for long, they'd have to tread a very careful and skillful line of flaming, switching to melee, getting in one or two strong hits, then back to flamethrower. You can already do this with the axetinguisher (I think?), I tried it the other day and it was fun, but for the amount of risk/effort/skill required to use, it doesn't really do enough damage.

100px-Item_icon_Degreaser.png?t=20120630+100px-Item_icon_Back_Scratcher.png?t=201= Fuuuu-

Wizards Revamped!

Since their most recent update, spellbooks have indeed become more interesting and stronger, however their strength comes at little to no cost in certain cases so thats why I propose a revamp of how spells/spellbooks are treated using the new mechanic while also introducing new custom spells to give the caster more options.

First off, lets allow all classes to equip the spellbook.

Second, all weapons besides melee are removed (includes build/destruct PDA, cloak watch, disguise kit, demo shield, boot-based equips, and sapper). Melee itself is replaced with a customized Freedom Staff with the following attributes:

Cannot backstab

Cannot be crit boosted

-200 Max Metal

Cannot pickup buildings

-50% Damage

+20% Melee Resistance.

Lastly, change the possible spells for a player to get be based upon their current class.

Legend:

Fireball Projectile Spell - Shot at crosshair and moves in a straight line

Throwable Projectile Spell - Thrown at crosshair and moves along a curve towards the ground (Bats, Pumpkin Bombs, Monoculus, etc)

Self Cast Spell - Casts effects upon player/nearby players

Other Spell - Movement/projectile special to specific spell

Scout:

Scout is a mobile support class so his spells reflect supporting his team with knockback spells and speed boosts along with mobility spells for himself

Stock Spells:

Fireball (Max: 5) - Recharge: 20 Seconds

Bats (Max: 2) - Recharge: 35 Seconds

Super Jump (Max: 1) - Recharge: 15 Seconds

Customized Spells:

Mini-Fireball (Max: 1) - Recharge 5 Seconds. Fires a homing flare that deals 50 damage to the boss. (Spammable spell)

Bonk! (Max: 2) - Recharge: 40 Seconds. Grants Bonk! effect (condition 14) to the Scout for 4 seconds. (Utility Spell)

Extreme Speed (Max: 1) - Recharge 50 Seconds. Gives caster 520 speed (max movement speed) for 6 seconds followed by 3 seconds of 300 speed (Sniper movement speed). (Utility Spell)

Exhaust (Max: 1) - Recharge: 35 Seconds. Slow Moving Projectile that if it directly hits the boss, it slows his attack speed by 40% and reduces his movement speed to 280 (demoman speed) for 2.5 seconds. (Support Spell)

Concheror (Max: 1) - Recharge: 50 Seconds. Gives nearby players the Concheror effect (condition 29) for 8 seconds. (Support Spell)

Soldier:

Soldier is a damage class that deals in close to medium range damage with slight support capabilities, his spells revolve around medium ranged attacks.

Stock Spells:

Fireball (Max: 4) - Recharge: 20 Seconds

Bats (Max: 1) - Recharge: 40 Seconds

Super Jump (Max: 2) - Recharge: 25 Seconds

Meteor Storm (Max: 1) - Recharge: 50 Seconds

Customized Spells:

Magic Blast (Max: 6) - Recharge 3 Seconds. Fires an Energy based Fireball with 1/3rd the knockback, this projectile dissipates after 2 seconds if it does not hit a target. (Spammable spell)

Drain Blast (Max: 2) - Recharge: 20 Seconds. Fires a Fireball that on-hit will heal the soldier for 50 health, this projectile dissipates after 2 seconds of it does not hit a target. (Utility Spell)

Mega Blast (Max: 2) - Recharge 45 Seconds. Fires large slow moving fireball that deals twice the damage, this projectile dissipates after 2 seconds if it does not hit a target. (Damage Spell)

Buff (Max: 1) - Recharge: 35 Seconds. Gives nearby players the Buff Banner effect for 12 seconds. (Support Spell)

Pyro:

Pyro is a damage/support class that deals in close range damage and support to keep the boss away from other players, his spells revolve around resistance, damage, and knockback.

Passive Ability:

Always resists 35% incoming damage (condition 26)

Stock Spells:

Fireball (Max: 6) - Recharge: 20 Seconds

Bats (Max: 2) - Recharge: 35 Seconds

Super Jump (Max: 1) - Recharge: 25 Seconds

Customized Spells:

Flare Barrage (Max: 2) - Recharge 15 Seconds. Fires 4 non-homing flares. (Spammable spell)

Extinguish Allies (Max: 2) - Recharge: 15 Seconds. Extinguishes all nearby allies, if this spell successfully extinguishes allies the pyros next Flare Barrage will shoot crit flares. (Support Spell)

Mega Blast (Max: 2) - Recharge 45 Seconds. Fires large slow moving fireball that deals twice the damage, this projectile dissipates after 2 seconds if it does not hit a target. (Damage Spell)

Resist Damage (Max: 2) - Recharge: 70 Seconds. Gives nearby players the Mmmph defense effect (condition 45) for 4 seconds. (Support Spell)

Demoman:

Demoman is a damage class that deals in close to medium range damage, his spells revolve around damage and self endangerment.

Stock Spells:

Fireball (Max: 6) - Recharge: 25 Seconds

Super Jump (Max: 1) - Recharge: 25 Seconds

Monoculus (Max: 1) - Recharge: 50 Seconds

Customized Spells:

Create Explosion (Max: 6) - Recharge 15 Seconds. Creates a low-knockback explosion that deals 45 damage at crosshair location. (Spammable spell)

Charge (Max: 2) - Recharge: 30 Seconds. Gives demoman the Charge effect (condition 17) for 1.5 seconds. (Utility Spell)

Bombinomibomb (Max: 1) - Recharge 35 Seconds. Places a Bombinomicon Bomb on the Demoman's head (similar to Merasmus's attack) that auto-explodes after 8 seconds, killing the demoman if the explosion does not hit the boss which if it does deals 600 damage. While the demoman has the bomb on his head,he is spooked and has increased movement speed. (Damage Spell)

Heavy:

Heavy is a damage class that deals in close to medium range damage, his spells revolve around damage and self buffing.

Stock Spells:

Fireball (Max: 10) - Recharge: 30 Seconds

Uber (Max: 3) - Recharge: 40 Seconds

Customized Spells:

Self Empowerment (Max: 2) - Recharge 35 Seconds. Gives Heavy a attack and movement speed boost (condition 72) and also an overheal of 500 (max health being 800). (Damage/Utility Spell)

Engineer:

Engineer is a damage support class that deals in medium range damage, his spells revolve around spawning buildings and upgrade them.

Stock Spells:

Fireball (Max: 2) - Recharge: 30 Seconds

Customized Spells:

Summon Mini-Sentry (Max: 2) - Recharge: 35 Seconds. Spawns a mini-sentry wherever the spell lands (must land on buildable surface), sentry de-spawns after it runs out of ammo. (Damage Spell)

Summon Dispenser (Max: 1) - Recharge: 40 Seconds. Spawns a level 3 dispenser wherever the spell lands (must land on buildable surface), dispenser de-spawns if another is spawned. (Support Spell)

Upgrade! (Max: 2) - Recharge: 30 Seconds. Upgrades any active mini-sentry into a Level 1 sentry, any leveled sentries to the next level (maxes at level 3 obviously), and replenishes the ammo of all alive sentries. Level-based sentries cannot be upgraded normally and must be done via this spell. (Utility Spell)

Recall (Max: 1) - Recharge: 120 Seconds. Disables any-local built sentries as the engineer is frozen for 10 seconds which at the end the engineer is respawned. (Utility Spell)

Medic:

Medic is a support class that deals in keeping players alive and happy, his spells revolve around support/healing.

Stock Spells:

Fireball (Max: 4) - Recharge: 30 Seconds

Uber (Max: 3) - Recharge: 30 Seconds

Customized Spells:

Local Heal (Max: 6) - Recharge: 15 Seconds. Heals nearby players for 150 (overheals for whatever is over the max health). (Support Spell)

Krit-Boost (Max: 3) - Recharge: 20 Seconds. Crit boosts (condition 11) players for 3 seconds. (Support Spell)

Ranged Uber (Max: 2) - Recharge: 30 Seconds. Crit boosts (condition 5) players for 3 seconds. (Support Spell)
Move-Boost (Max: 2) - Recharge: 30 Seconds. Movement speed boosts (condition 32) nearby players for 4 seconds. (Support Spell)

Mass Heal (Max: 1) - Recharge: 150 Seconds. Heals all alive RED players for 200. (Support Spell)

Sniper:

Sniper is a damage class that deals in incredible long range damage, his spells revolve around damage from a safe distance.

Stock Spells:

Fireball (Max: 2) - Recharge: 30 Seconds

Super Jump (Max: 1) - Recharge: 35 Seconds
Cloak (Max: 1) - Recharge: 35 Seconds

Customized Spells:

Quick Magic Blast (Max: 10) - Recharge 3 Seconds. Fires an fast moving energy based Fireball with 1/5th the knockback, this projectile does not dissipate. (Spammable spell)

Homing Magic Blast (Max: 2) - Recharge 8 Seconds. Fires an fast moving homing energy based Fireball with 1/10th the knockback, this projectile does not dissipate. (Damage spell)

Mega Blast (Max: 2) - Recharge 25 Seconds. Fires large fireball that deals twice the damage, this projectile dissipates after 10 seconds if it does not hit a target. (Damage Spell)

Spy:

Sniper is the heavy hitter class that deals in incredible short range damage, his spells revolve around damage from close proximity and escape spells.

Stock Spells:

Fireball (Max: 2) - Recharge: 20 Seconds

Super Jump (Max: 1) - Recharge: 35 Seconds
(The reason why he won't get a traditional cloak spell is because he can attack whilst cloaked which is pretty unfair)

Customized Spells:

Disappearing Act (Max: 3) - Recharge 20 Seconds. Cloaks the spy for 4 seconds while also providing a movement speed bonus for its duration. (Utility spell)

Ultra Blast (Max: 2) - Recharge 25 Seconds. Fires a low explosive radius short ranged (Dissipates after 1 second) fireball that deals 1,000 damage if it hits the targets backside. (Damage Spell)
All In! (Max: 1) - Recharge 40 Seconds. Grants the spy the ability to resist the next hit against him (only leaving him with 1 hp) (condition 70) for 10 seconds. (Spammable spell)
Edited by TheGreatJug™
2 people like this

You want Raini to code new spells? 

:ooo:

Yeeeeeah...I hope you've got a few paychecks lined up for her cause your suggestion is a hell of a lot of work, Jug. :P

- signed, someone with a programming background

It's funny really, the only person I've seen good with pyro is Kraithe. I struggle to get 1K with pyro myself. Hell I love jumping as a pyro but I think they need 200 Health, And The backburner needs it's 400 Ammo. Plus I'd love to see some variety in Pyro Melee Weapons. Like having Bleed on the Axetinguisher or Slow on the Homewrecker.

I'd made a suggestion for pyros before but no one noticed it. I'll make it again with fancy schmancy formatting.

Degreaser

+100% faster weapon switch

What this does is allow crit-switching. Someone could go Degreaser + Shotgun (or some other weapon) + Powerjack. Switch to powerjack until crits light up, then switch to shotgun and immediately fire. It'll fire off a crit. Powerjack is there since you can move faster with it. At least it's an alternative to getting your team rage killed.

Edited by sarysa

I lack the finesse to use mouse wheel properly. I just do numeric switches at first, then just use Q once Q takes me between powerjack and shotgun.

(yes, I stole the idea from another hale server)

Most of the spells are pretty straight forward (apply condition on self/nearby players) and actually a lot of them would share the exact same coding while some even have existing coding, probably the most complex one to code would be the Demoman's Bombinomibomb and Spy's Ultra Blast.

Also updated OP with Spy and a neat legend that explains how the spell projectiles would act/fly.

1 person likes this

@Sarysa: Good idea actually. Or I could just get a new mouse XD My current one sucks a little. The only think I actually like about it is the sensitivity buttons.

@Jug: Firstly, I'm not sure why it's even desireable to have new spells. From what you wrote it sounds like you want to play a new game with a fantasy/magic theme rather than TF2. Secondly, what you wrote would take alot of work, testing and balancing. Coding isn't ever quick or easy. Thirdly... I'm not even sure all of those things are possible. Afaik TF2 mods are done through scripts, they don't have access to the game's source code, they're kinda stuck with whatever functionality valve leaves them access to.

While I like Jug's Idea I feel that Texas VSP has drifted far from it's classic mode. If you didn't want to lose all your hard work then chuck the spells into the funbox, I feel that Spells are there for screwing around not serious gameplay. Which would get the best of both worlds. Texas one has classic VSP while the funbox has all the spells when it's on VSP.

Ohoho, you doubt the power of sourcepawn coding. Play gamemodes such as Super Zombie Fortress, Slender Fortress, and Star Fortress 64 (Very early build, something I very lucky to beta test as you can see in the video), all very complex and ludicous amounts of coding to get effects such as NPC calculation, functioning vehicle, and various other things not naturally done in TF2's code.

While I'm not saying this will be coded quickly and easily, its all possible and theres a ton of stuff that already exists in what we have, thus can be easily recycled/re-purposed.

Lets break some codes down in pseudo-code (or pretty much how it would be put forward in code to function) and use examples of code that already exists in our modified Freak Fortress, note this is from my very limited knowledge of Sourcepawn/traditional coding.

Ground Work for Customized Spells -

1. First thing first is adding either a listener/on player run cmd event for "(+)use_action_slot_item_server" (the command for casting a spell) so it can output the proper spell when the selected spell is not a natural one. This is a similar method to how Freak Fortress hooks boss raging to the taunt key and how Ninja Spy's Slowmo Attack propels him forward/kills targetted players

2. Create IDs to tag which custom spell is which. Simple database stuff that SourceMod codes are filled with

3. Calculate which class the player spawns and outputs the available spells to him. Pretty much exactly how certain loadout modifications work in Freak Fortress.

4. For untraditional spells, whenever the spell is casted, force the player's view and world model to play the spell casting animation OR have it cast a spell that has no effect by default via removing whatever it casts. Code for setting animations exists in Freak Fortress for whenever a Spy backstabs a boss, it forces the view model for the spy to play the proper animation of backstabbing (its actually pretty vague which animation it plays but the coding exists)

5, For all projectile-based spells, classify a projectile's entity tag as special so when it lands, it checks if the entity is special then to apply effects. This would work similar to how Zombie Fortress's Zombie Scouts can use a sandman to create a cloud of poison wherever the ball lands.

Self Cast Spells - These are by far the easiest of the 4 archetypes to do.

1. On spell cast (use_action_slot_item_server), call forward the effects by adding conditions (or for the spells that heal, calculate a new health to put on the player by adding their current health to the given amount then applying it, similar method for new movement speeds for scout). Applying condition literally fucking LITTERS the Freak Fortress code but the primary use for adding conditions is applying melee/sniper/last man standing crits (you thought they happens 'naturally'? Wrong, its in the code).

2. Regarding applying conditions to nearby players, you would cache casters location and go through all players, checking if their XYZ location is within a certain range of the casters location. After checking who is and isn't (and is also a valid target (Not a boss, alive, valid entity, etc)), its just like it is above. The primary example of what this is used for is how certain bosses have Saxton Hale's original rage of spook stunning nearby players, uses the exact same method too.

3, For Medic's mass heal, it would just target every RED player. I feel I don't need to explain how easily thats done OR where its used.

4. Engineer's upgrade spell looks for all existing buildings owned by the caster then applying a new level/model to it.

Fireball Projectile Spell - Slightly harder to do when modifying damage/on-hit effects but nowhere near impossible.

1. For these you could probably attach these effects to the existing Fireball spell while having new effects on hit. An example of how this is already used in our Versus Ponyville Mod, Trixie, Judge Dredd, and R-Dash 5000 have projectile based abilities that apply ignite and deal a specified damage so I would imagine you would apply a similar method except changing the projectile to tf_projectile_spellfireball and the damage/etc to their rightful values.

2. Homing projectiles? Like above, this exists for those 3 bosses so applying that is already possible/easy to add.

3. Spells that dissipate, simple as adding a timer to whenever the spell is spawned then killing that entity whenever it expires.

4. To add flare, just simply remove the particle effect attached to the fireball projectile then attach your own to make them look like energies and such.

5. Spy's Ultra Blast spell is kinda difficult but still possible, you would calculate the boss's XYZ rotation angle to check if hes facing away from where it hit him, then changing the damage values.

Throwable Projectile Spells - Like Fireballs, a tiny bit difficult until you have the base code for changing the effects on different projectiles.

1. Pretty much the same as Fireball except having a different projectile type.

2. Engineer's build spawning spells rely on taking wherever the place lands and creating a sentry/dispenser entity owned by the caster at location. The common RTD plugin uses a similar method for creating building at crosshair location and also has a method for checking if it can spawn (on buildable flat location)

3. Medic's Ranged Uber? Combine this with the local heal code mentioned above.

Other Spells - More complex depending on how they work

1. Flare based attacks would be an exact copy of Judge Dredd's Shotgun where it spawns flares inplace of bullets.

2. Creating explosions would take wherever the player is looking by either taking a viewtarget entity or the rotation of the player and caluclating where he/she is looking then creating a damaging explosion at the location. Again the RTD plugin has almost exactly this for spawning instant sentries/dispensers, just remove the restrictions of where it can land.

3. Now the Bombinomicon can be approached a number of ways (as can a lot of these), but heres how I'd do it.

On-cast, create a bomb entity that is tied to the demoman's head and give it the model of the bombinomicon's bomb, then mark the demoman in a way code-wise to show hes under the effect of the spell (Discord spawns cosmetic props whenever he kills someone)

Stun the demoman and change his movement speed to a higher value (Typical stun effect, Derpy does this at the start of her rage to nearby RED players, changing movement speed is very straight forward)

Hook players colliding with one another then apply a check if one of the players is under the effect of the spell, if there is, remove the effect from the bomb player, knock them up and away from the other player and deal damage to the non-bomb player (On-touch effects are how certain plugins allow them to pass through one another, think the friendly/no-collide plugin. Knocking up the player is teleporting him to the same position he is in then setting the velocity of the player to that of away of the other player. Dealing damage is also pretty straight forward)

Having the bomb explode if it doesn't get used is straight forward, set a timer for when the bomb spawns to when it runs out, it kills the player.

Again, its doable, time consuming, but all possible. Hell I can write up some of the basic framework for this.

Edited by TheGreatJug™
1 person likes this

Also me writing about 4 walls of texts regarding new spells is because the problem I'm tackling is that while spells are interesting, there should be a spell-per-class since if every class ran around with the ability to get every spell, it'd be messy real fast.

Having specific spells per class reduce the amount of certain spells from appearing (namely Bats, Uber, Meteor Storm, and Monoculus), however the thing is there isn't a huge amount of spells to choose from and only having about 3-4 spells per class makes them incredibly weaker and very few choices as to what spells fit the class. Having a large range of possible spells while also keeping to the class archetype (Support, Damage, Utility, etc) would work well and as such a lot of spells can be introduced (some easy, some complicated) to still fit the class style and damage.

Certain spells were introduced since the existing spell is either too weak or strong to be a common use, an example being the Uber spell for Medic, its a very short ranged/low duration uber while on the other hand Cloak for the spy is incredibly strong since you can still attack whilst cloaked.

Not to mention it was all just a suggestion, it might not even happen...things I suggest hardly do since a lot of my suggestions are thinking outside of the box.

Edited by TheGreatJug™

Whether it's possible or not, I haven't mucked around with TF2's scripts, the fact remains you're basicly asking her to code a new game for you...

@BDU: That'd be a good compromise. Personally I'd beg for the chance to go back to classic PFF2.

Who says she'll have to do it? I am more the capable then to get at least the ground work coded if not a taking it a bit further.

Infact I already have a portion of it fleshed out in a .sp file

Edited by TheGreatJug™

So yeh, 

Three Rune Blade

+100% damage bonus (so it deals 210 per hit)

20% slower firing speed

+50% damage resistance (or enough to survive a hit)

Disables Main Weapon (Scatter/Shortstop/Soda-Popper/Force-A-Nature)

-50% secondary ammo

15% slower move speed

It's my first suggestion, please don't kill me. This item is an idea I had so scouts can go melee. And to make the sword not a simple re-skin of that bat that makes you bleed.

Flamethrower:

50% Damage bonus

-50% Afterburn duration

+100% Airblast cost

+20% Primary ammo

This is just so pyros can actually use something that is not backburner and don't spam airblast too much.

Manmelter:

+20% Firing Speed

+100% Critical hit chance on burning players

-25% Primary Ammo

Ubersaw:

30% Slower Firing Speed

40% Ubercharge Added on hit

-50% Primary Ammo

I added the -50% primary ammo because Any Syringe Gun, adds more uber than ubersaw, and is less riskier, they add more because of the lot of shots.

Mantreads:

Remove fall damage (or reduce it by 75%, what ever you think is better)

(I don't know if you can actually do this) Make Goombas deal 50% more damage.

-50 health on wearer

-10% primary ammo.

Black Box:

Instead of -50% health from packs, why not from healers?

Concheror:

-50% heal from healers.

Reserve Shooter:

+25% Weapon Switch Speed

Mini-Crits airborne targets for 99999 secs.

Crits when it would normally Mini-Crit

No Random Critical Hits

25% Damage Bonus

+20% Reload Speed

+10% Firing Speed

Rocketjumper:

Remove the "Cannot be Crit Boosted" from it.

Edited by Guy Incognito

I took the liberty of getting (Most of) the proper Attribute numbers for you and giving my thoughts. (And some pretty pictures)

Three Rune Blade:100px-Item_icon_Three-Rune_Blade.png?t=2

(2) 100% damage bonus (210 per hit)

(206 maybe?) 50% Melee resistance (or enough to survive a regular hit)

(5) 20% slower firing speed

(312?) Disables Primary

(79) 50% secondary ammo

(15) 15% slower move speed

Thoughts: I'm liking the idea.

Sun On A Stick: (PB and J made a suggestion of this a few pages back)

Flame Thrower: 100px-Item_icon_Flame_Thrower.png?t=2012

(2) 50% Damage bonus

(76) 20% Primary ammo

(74) 50% Afterburn duration

(170) 50% Airblast cost

Thoughts: With that airblast cost, it will be 30. Therefore giving the stock 240 ammo or 8 total airblasts. more then the Backburner ever was. Make airblasts 40 each (100% increase) so they can only have 6 total airblasts.

Manmelter: 100px-Item_icon_Manmelter.png?t=20120630

(103) 50% Projectile Speed (Already has this)

(6) 20% Firing Speed

(???) 100% Damage Bonus on Burning Players

(77) 25% Primary Ammo

Thoughts: Make the damage bonus a 100% crit chance on burning players (att: 20) so it does 90 per hit instead of your proposed 60. 

Ubersaw: 100px-Item_icon_Ubersaw.png?t=2012063023

(???) 40% Ubercharge Added on hit

(5) 30% Slower Firing Speed

(77) 50% Primary Ammo

Thoughts: Personally I'd keep it the way it is but add a -30% for primary Ammo.

Vaccinator: (Pretty much does what you said)

Mantreads: 100px-Item_icon_Mantreads.png?t=20120701

(118?) Remove fall damage

(259) Deals 5x falling damage to the player you land on.

(125) 50 health on wearer

(77) 10% primary ammo

Thoughts: Would be a nice secondary along with the other boots plus the backpack weapons.

Bootlegger: (Is fine the way it is)

Southern Hospitality: (Pretty much does that)

Black Box: 100px-Item_icon_Black_Box.png?t=20120630

(69) 50% health from healers on wearer

Concheror: 100px-Item_icon_Concheror.png?t=20120701

(69) 50% health from healers on wearer

Reserve Shooter: 100px-Item_icon_Reserve_Shooter.png?t=20

(178) 25% Weapon Switch Speed

(179) Crits when it would normally Mini-Crit

(2) 25% Damage Bonus

(97) 20% Reload Speed

(6) 10% Firing Speed

(114) Mini-Crits airborne targets for 999999 secs.

(15) No Random Critical Hits

Thoughts: I'd probably use it for my solly to soak up those extra damage points.

Rocket Jumper: (Wait, you wanna buff this damn thing? I'd remove the crit boosted but that's about it)

Edited by Brony Down Under™
1 person likes this