Rainy

[Versus Ponyville] Weapon Suggestions

827 posts in this topic

@Brony Down Under: Thanks for your review, with the Vaccinator I meant add it a passive bonus while healing because I didn't notice any when healing.

About the rocket jumper, I was basing it on players I saw, I didn't really try it. I saw that a lot of players were doing as max 1k with it, that's why I suggested a buff, I just tried it like 20 mins ago and did 2.6k dmg and got solo raged, so now I think it's fine the way it is right now.

Edited by Guy Incognito

@Brony Down Under: Thanks for your review, with the Vaccinator I meant add it a passive bonus while healing because I didn't notice any when healing.

About the rocket jumper, I was basing it on players I saw, I didn't really try it. I saw that a lot of players were doing as max 1k with it, that's why I suggested a buff, I just tried it like 20 mins ago and did 2.6k dmg and got solo raged, so now I think it's fine the way it is right now.

The issue with removing the no crit attribute is the fact that the crits do upwards of 800+ damage which is a bit extreme, its fine as it is just like the sticky jumper since they make you total glass cannons.

Also the red/green stuff is using the TF2 attribute method, red colored attributes are penalties while green are bonuses, just coloring them up gives an idea of balancing.

Also I'm going through some weapon suggestions and testing them out in private server, including some custom scripted ones.

The red/green stuff is using the TF2 attribute method, red colored attributes are penalties while green are bonuses, just coloring them up gives an idea of balancing.

Also I'm going through some weapon suggestions and testing them out in private server, including some custom scripted ones.

I realized about the "The red/green stuff..." some mins after I asked that :p, good to know that u are testing some of the ideas (ideas in general, not specifically my ideas)

@Arokhantos, I don't see the point of adding Penetration to them.

Edited by Guy Incognito

The issue with removing the no crit attribute is the fact that the crits do upwards of 800+ damage which is a bit extreme, its fine as it is just like the sticky jumper since they make you total glass cannons.

Also the red/green stuff is using the TF2 attribute method, red colored attributes are penalties while green are bonuses, just coloring them up gives an idea of balancing.

Actualy no crit boost does't work i am pretty sure unless that got fixed.

The red/green stuff is using the TF2 attribute method, red colored attributes are penalties while green are bonuses, just coloring them up gives an idea of balancing.

I realized about the "The red/green stuff..." some mins after I asked that :p, good to know that u are testing some of the ideas (ideas in general, not specifically my ideas)

@Arokhantos, I don't see the point of adding Penetration to them.

So bullets pass team mates thru boss, you known how annoying it is when your shots get body blocked, i also hear many scouts give this excuse my shots get body blocks i just camp until mostly everyone is dead so my shots don't get body blocked.

If they don't get body blocked then their no excuse to camp anymore as scout, either way giving every scout shotgun this attribute does't bring imbalance anyway so why not add it.

Server Info -

Name: Ponyville.net (Texas) - Versus Ponyville

IP: 209.246.143.162:27015

Map: vsh_crevice_b5

Offending Party -

Name: Gamebrain97

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:46556199

IP: 66.232.74.61

Category: Rules

Reason: Offensive Chat

Description: Using offensive language over chat

Reporting Party -

Name: i better nazi that

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:43242816

IP: 75.1.136.75

Post auto-generated by Sea Pony SOS.

@Arokhantos: (doing this just so we don't Chain-Quote more), with Scatter, I have to admit it is annoying, but with Force A Nature or Soda Popper, you just have to get close to the boss, I have to admit, Guillotine (genuine version) is a pain in the a** to use, due to people blocking it, but I can deal with it, and still do 1500+ dmg with it, Scout is fine in my opinion.

Edited by Guy Incognito
1 person likes this

If no idea if the bullet penetration attribute would actually work for guillotine maybe it does maybe it does not.

I do agree guillotine is kind of pointless to use currently, for it to be very effective hale needs to chase you and you need run straight path backwards while throwing guillotine at the hale, the hale is't gonna chase a scout long enough for it to be useful.

@Aro: Bullet penetration should either be for all classes or none. The only buff scouts should get is something to encourage them to get close to the hale instead of running.

@BDU: All excellent proposals :) Ilike the ones which make the pyro more effective. And I definitely agree blackbox jumpers need a nerf: Jumping is supposed to have a cost.

@Aro: Bullet penetration should either be for all classes or none. The only buff scouts should get is something to encourage them to get close to the hale instead of running.

@BDU: All excellent proposals :) Ilike the ones which make the pyro more effective. And I definitely agree blackbox jumpers need a nerf: Jumping is supposed to have a cost.

Heavy's could use it to but other then that i dont see any point giving it to any other class.

Scouts primarly need it because they need to fight close combat.

Most other classes need it because when the hale gets mobbed most of your shots get blocked. Giving scouts bullet penetration will encourage them to used ranged weapons, which isn't close combat.

1 person likes this

You do know that I did the proposals, right?

He just enhanced some :p.

Edited by Guy Incognito
1 person likes this

Bonesaw:

10% Damage penalty

+20% Primary Ammo

:p, sorry, the bonesaw should actually give more ammo for the medic.

Direct hit:

25% Damage Bonus -> 35% Damage Bonus(let's face it, regular rocket launcher seems a lot better, makes you rocket jump higher/farther, has more area of effect and there's only a 15-25 dmg difference)

Equalizer:

Maybe add an 20% damage bonus, it seems pretty bad right now.

Conniver's Kunai:

Deal 5% max hp with stab

-20% Rage to the boss

-70 health to the wearer

Big Earner

-35 health on wearer

7% Max Hp per stab

+50 Cloak on stab

Knife:

8% Damage per stab (pretend this is the regular damage of an stab)

+10% Primary Ammo

Your Eternal Reward:

10% max hp per stab

Disguise as a random class on stab

Cannot Disguise

+20% Cloak Drain Rate

Sharp Dresser:

6% Max hp on stab

25% Longer Cloak Duration

Diamondback:

5 Guaranted Critical hits on stab

No Random Critical hits

Ambassador:

-50% Damage on Bodyshot

Critical hits on Headshots

(Not sure if you can do this) 100% Damage Bonus on Headshots

25% Slower Firing Speed

Cloak and Dagger

-25% Cloak Drain rate (it lasts 25% longer)

-20% primary ammo

-20 health on wearer

Liberty launcher:

25% Damage Penalty (Yeh, it already has this)

-35% Damage from Rocket Jumps

+25% heal from healers

-25% Clip Size (I know it already has this)

+20% Reload Speed

Mini-Crit airborne targets for X seconds (I know it already has this)

Cow Mangler:

50% Fire Resistance -> 60% Fire Resistance

Baby Face's Blaster:

First of all, add it to the game

And add it the same as it is on vanilla tf2 but with 

-35% Slower Move Speed

I think the hale can actually get you if you are that slow/fast with boost.

Edited by Guy Incognito

Scotsman Skullcutter seriously needs a nerf (its simply too strong) by changing two things about it:

Making it so it doesn't regen the shield

Giving it attribute 236 : 1 (cannot be healed by a medic)

Also change engineer spellbooks nerfs from -50 reduced max metal (which I don't think thats even applied properly) to -50% Sentry damage  changed to -30% Sentry Damage and -30% Sentry Range

Edited by TheGreatJug™

Scotsman Skullcutter seriously needs a nerf (its simply too strong) by changing two things about it:

Scotsman has a huge downside...the low swing speed makes it easy for the hale to break through. As a hale I've tended to struggle more with skilled HHH users because they could consistently keep me at a distance.

Scotsman requires a bit of stealth most of the time, like a spy...unless your opponent is just bad at melee.

Scotsman has a huge downside...the low swing speed makes it easy for the hale to break through. As a hale I've tended to struggle more with skilled HHH users because they could consistently keep me at a distance.

Scotsman requires a bit of stealth most of the time, like a spy...unless your opponent is just bad at melee.

Sorry, but I just gotta agree with Jug, Skullcutter needs a nerf, not a huge nerf but a nerf, the "cannot be healed by a medic" is a little excessive, but, the shield part is pretty a good nerf to start with, maybe cap your heads amount too (to 4-5) and then it resets ,so you don't get to be so fast at moving.

1 person likes this

My god, do people understand Demo-knight head taking capabilities, they MAX at 4, what sense is there reducing the reset? You can only use the Loose Cannon Or booties with the cutter, you have a 30% Slower swing speed and only 332 per it. That's less then a KGB yet I don't hear people bitching about them.

I had a suggestion for the cutter and it's more of a balance rather then a Nerf, cause this community seems to go "OMG TOO OP PLZ NERF OR I LEAVE"

Scotsman’s Skullcutter: 100px-Item_icon_Scotsman%27s_Skullcutter

(2) 75% Damage Bonus

(5) 25% Slower firing speed

(125) 15 Max health on wearer

(10) Head requirement for regeneration of shield

The cutter currently has 70% so the 5% should bump it to a nice 350ish. The firing speed is slower but you get less health. Also both Move speed bonus's have been removed, you move as fast as someone with an eyelander.

Edited by Brony Down Under™

My god, do people understand Demo-knight head taking capabilities, they MAX at 4, what sense is there reducing the reset? You can only use the Loose Cannon Or booties with the cutter, you have a 30% Slower swing speed and only 332 per it. That's less then a KGB yet I don't hear people bitching about them.

I had a suggestion for the cutter and it's more of a balance rather then a Nerf, cause this community seems to go "OMG TOO OP PLZ NERF OR I LEAVE"

Scotsman’s Skullcutter: 100px-Item_icon_Scotsman%27s_Skullcutter

(2) 75% Damage Bonus

(5) 25% Slower firing speed

(125) 15 Max health on wearer

The cutter currently has 70% so the 5% should bump it to a nice 350ish. The firing speed is slower but you get less health. Also both Move speed bonus's have been removed, you move as fast as someone with an eyelander.

Its more about the fact that Demoknights have more survival tactics then your average KGB Heavy with: Increased Movement Speed, Scaling Health Pool, Charge for quick escape, and now Spellbooks. Having someone that hits that hard and can out maneuver the boss very easily is a little overpowered (since mainly if a KGB heavy runs from the boss, its semi-easy for them to catch up while chasing a demoknight is another story).

I think the fact that you can still use the Booties/Loose Cannon is a bug considering it was originally no secondary weapon.

I also would still insist both KGB Heavies and in this case Skullcutter Demoknights get Blocks Healing Attribute since they're strong as hell as is and giving them uber makes them very problematic, for KGB Heavies this was something long coming to them and now Skullcutter demos should be included.

Couple of other things:

The Headtaker that is used before going Horseman really should get an initial damage reduction (I had it at -25%)

Claidehmor could use a damage bonus (+20%?) since right now it really isn't as useful as could be, I might go ahead and suggest something new for it to use however.

Eyelander is still a good option but I feel it needs something more, if just a smaller head requirement for shield regenning (down to 8?)

Mantreads could go with having something new, currently looking at the Goomba Stomp plugin for changes.

Daily reminder to reduce the explosive resistance on the Bootleggers down to 40-60% and to give the Direct Hit +25% Reload Speed

Is there any way to implement the "Can't be healed by a medic" when the demo has X+ amount of heads?

Btw, the demo is mainly better than the KGB heavy because of the Range the Skullcutter has, and, ofc, he's faster than a heavy.

Its more about the fact that Demoknights have more survival tactics then your average KGB Heavy with: Increased Movement Speed, Scaling Health Pool, Charge for quick escape, and now Spellbooks. Having someone that hits that hard and can out maneuver the boss very easily is a little overpowered (since mainly if a KGB heavy runs from the boss, its semi-easy for them to catch up while chasing a demoknight is another story).

I think the fact that you can still use the Booties/Loose Cannon is a bug considering it was originally no secondary weapon.

I also would still insist both KGB Heavies and in this case Skullcutter Demoknights get Blocks Healing Attribute since they're strong as hell as is and giving them uber makes them very problematic, for KGB Heavies this was something long coming to them and now Skullcutter demos should be included.

Couple of other things:

The Headtaker that is used before going Horseman really should get an initial damage reduction (I had it at -25%)

Claidehmor could use a damage bonus (+20%?) since right now it really isn't as useful as could be, I might go ahead and suggest something new for it to use however.

Eyelander is still a good option but I feel it needs something more, if just a smaller head requirement for shield regenning (down to 8?)

Mantreads could go with having something new, currently looking at the Goomba Stomp plugin for changes.

Daily reminder to reduce the explosive resistance on the Bootleggers down to 40-60% and to give the Direct Hit +25% Reload Speed

Well if you really need to, simply disable the use for a primary while wielding the cutter, you can do it for the KGB's.

Also I had more idea's noted down for other Demo weapons. 

Eyelander (Nessie’s Nine Iron): 100px-Item_icon_Eyelander.png?t=20120630100px-Item_icon_Nessie%27s_Nine_Iron.png

(2) 25% Damage Bonus

(6) 15% Faster firing speed

(8) Head requirement for regeneration of shield

(125) 25 Max health on wearer

HHHH: 100px-Item_icon_Horseless_Headless_Horse

(264) 45% (total) melee range (8% Increase)

(6) 15% Faster firing speed (It currently swings as fast as the persuader, make it the same as the eyelander with the 15%)

(10) Head requirement for regeneration of shield (Keep HHH 10 head boost)

Claidheamh Mor: 100px-Item_icon_Claidheamh_M%C3%B2r.png?

(202) 1 second increase in charge duration

(208) On Hit: Target is engulfed in flames

(209) 100% Minicrits vs Burning players

Edited by Brony Down Under™

I don't understand why would u give minicrits to claidheamh mor' (not specifically you, BDU, I'm speaking in general, also to whoever designed the wep) when the other melee weps always crit. If only the claymore had a damage bonus.

1 person likes this

I don't understand why would u give minicrits to claidheamh mor' (not specifically you, BDU, I'm speaking in general, also to whoever designed the wep) when the other melee weps always crit. If only the claymore had a damage bonus.

It would be pretty underpowered without the minicrits, But a small damage bonus might be added. But regular afterburn does 60 damage total, so with the mini-crits it does 90ish per burn. with the base damage that itself is a crit, you're looking at 280 damage with a full afterburn.

Gunslinger needs to preserve its attributes so it properly builds minisentries, that or just give it it again. Don't know who thought of some of these weapon changes.

1 person likes this