Videogames380

Starbound Server is LIVE!

10 posts in this topic

Alright, about a week ago, I posted to see if there would be interest in a StarBound server. I'm happy to announce (for myself, the community, and fellow StarBound fans) I've bought a 16-slot server for 3 months, hosted out of NY, NY, USA.

The IP is at the following: 108.61.41.74:24125 (The port is needed on the end or it will connect you to an entirely different server).

I will be spending time there through the following months, and I hope other players will enjoy it as much as I do. Have fun guys!

I want to see how this server does before committing anything more to it. If it remains popular enough, I will extend the subscription.

BASIC RULES:

* Be courteous to your fellow adventurers (Derogatory language and inappropriate communication [Character name or otherwise] WILL NOT be tolerated.)

--- Inappropriate consists of: Excessive cursing, sexual terms, etc.

* Bombs and "Launcher" weapons of any kind are NOT allowed near planet spawn-points, and player-built structures. (Anti-Griefing)

THIS LIST WILL BE UPDATED AS MORE RULES ARE ADDRESSED.

With that out of the way, Get going and enjoy your adventure! Invite your friends if they want to join in! The more the merrier!

4 people like this

I liked the wipe, gave more stuff to do and they did say this is the last one. So I guess that's a chin up!

But more likely then not, when it's out of endless beta, it's going to wipe again for the real version like everything does.

While I was on the server like 2 hours ago, I dug to a very deep place filled with robots and metal stuff.

Just giving everyone a heads up since it's very far out of someone's way but if you see a giant pit littered with torches, don't take it unless you want to go there.

Yep, server is still running for another month or so. By my own use, and the use of my friends, I will be extending the subscription another 3 months, but because of server instability, the max players will be reduced from 16 to 12 (Saves me $20 per payment, and the server has sparatic crashes when the number of players goes beyond 6).

I'm trying to get the company to respond to multiple reports of why it keeps crashing. Sorry if it interrupts gameplay folks.

Also, feel free to list planet coordinates for other players if you find useful resources, ex: Avian Gunship, Large villages,  Frog Merchants, etc

EDIT: Also, unsure of how mods interact when used with unmodded servers. I would assume the mod becomes disabled on the client-side, but at the moment, your guess is as good as mine.

Sorry folks. After multiple (failed) attempts to reach customer support for the server, I have decided to take the server offline.

They were inadequate in responding to my questions regarding the server maintainence and never explained WHY the server repeatedly would crash. i will wait until a more stable version of the servers is available for multiplayer, which I hope comes later on in its beta.

For now, I apologize that the server is offline.