Scootsy Wootsy Woona Time

Ponyville Meetup (Comicon)

139 posts in this topic

You can now REGISTER for Comic-Con 2012 !

https://secure2.comi...n.org/memberid/

Tickets are NOT on sale yet and registration closes Feburary 28, 2012

Registration just means that you'll be able to purchase the tickets when they go on sale. If you register then decide that you dont think you'll be able to make it, it's no problem. You dont have to purchase anything to register..that being said Go and register ASAP! I've got a hunch people will be able to purchase thier tickets online right afterwards.. Perhaps they'll give e-mails with purchase information via first come first serve on registration.

REGISTER ON https://secure2.comic-con.org/memberid/ TO SECURE YOUR MEMBER ID SO THAT YOU CAN SIGN UP ONCE REGISTRATION OPENS. WE WILL POST WHEN REGISTRATION IS OPEN.

TICKETS ARE GOING ON SALE IN JANUARY HAVE YOU MONEY READY

Kuni and I have been talking for a while and have come up with a good plan for a Ponyville.net meetup.

We have been thinking of many different ways on how to make this happen. Both for convenience and money wise. So, since a number of Ponyville members live in Cali, AND there is going to be a comic-con in cali. Then this is our perfect opportunity.

Currently we have these people who are interested in this meetup:

Kuni

Rainbro Dash

Hugh Mann

Hooker Punch

DrayneO

and myself.

I would like to know if anyone else is interested so we can get this ironed out as soon as possible.

We really would like to make this happen, and have a lot of plans for this future event.

CONFIRMED LIST

Hotel Room 1

Sgt.P0N-3

Wubtavia

Kuni

Greenwall <- * Good buddy of Kuni. Need to get him to join the forum and post up. He's just being a fluttershy

Zeeee

Hotel Room 2

Hugh-Mann

Friend 1 - 3 *If I recall right, you mentioned bringing 2 or 3? I'll count 3 for now..but really need to get that down pact. If you could get them to post here about thier plans or report to us about it, it'd be greatly appreciated. We gotta stay in good communications*

Staying with Relatives

Hooker Punch

*Possible/Not Confirmed

Hotel Room 1

Rainbro Dash

Pinkie Spy

Yoshioka

Hotel Room 3

Lord Fluffy

His Brother

???

Rainbow Dash

Raini

Para

Docs

COST

Just some general information that might help some people out!

4 Day Badge with preview night $175

4 Day Badge w/o preview night $150

Single Day Thur-Sat $40

Single Day Sunday $25

It seems pre-registration is only available to those who attended the 2011 con. Open Public registration is gonna happen soon. The site says Winter 2011/2012

http://www.comic-con...ci_reg_2012.php

Southwest Airlines seems pretty cheap. Rates may vary for you guys ..but helpful food for thought.

Arrival And Return trips are both the same cost. $227 *AT THE MOMENT* Prices vary throughout the year, but I think ordering them far in advance saves some money. So in total

Arrival and Return Trip - $454

We still need to figure out hotel reservations..It'd probably be best if we get a confirmation on who all we can expect. That way we can find the best deal possible..but at the moment for me personally... If I go with 4 Days WITH Preview Night + Current Flight I'm sitting at about $650 give or take. My personal estimation will be..maybe $200 for hotel? Still need to make room for food and swag.. So Gonna shoot for a grand total of $1000 - $1200.

I propose that perhaps..we dont need preview night. Hell maybe forget about a day..Use it just to hang with our fellow Bronys around town or something!

TRANSPORTATION

Found a shuttle service that'd pick us up from the Airport to the Hotel

https://www.supershu...om/Default.aspx

I'm going off the basis that we'd be staying at the previously mentioned Holiday Inn.

For a SHARED shuttle ride to Hotel from arrival flight - $ 22 Dollars for the first person. $22 Additional for every guest afterward. Maximum occupancy is 10

For an EXCLUSIVE shuttle ride to the hotel from arrival Flight - $76 . Maximum Occupancy is 7.

It's the same thing for the ride back for Departure flight. If we have a minimum of Four participants, then the EXCLUSIVE shuttle beats out.

Exclusive total - $76

Shared total - $88

Not counting the Possible ones, we've got 6 - 8 Hotel goers.. Meaning it'd be cheaper to rent a 10 occupant SHARED Shuttle to/from airport to hotel. Again, if I have my people/numbers mixed up do point out!

SCHEDULE

July 11th: Arrive as early as possible in the morning. Let's forsake preview night and let's have fun together.

July 12 - 13th : Max the hell out of Comic-Con!!!

July 14th : It's Saturday...Gonna be the busiest there is.. How about we chill that day?

July 15th: FINAL DAY OF COMIC-CON! LETS GO!

July 16th: We say our farewells and part ways.

Or we could just swap the 14th and the 15th.

1 person likes this

I live about an hour away from SD and I would love to meetup with you guys. I have not been to any Comic cons myself so that should also be a fun experience.

dammit... i live on the east coast and i don't have money to bust on plane tickets. plus i don't think my parents would take to kindly to me going across the country to see a bunch of people on the internet xD

This sounds really awesome! I'd really want to go, but I live in the midwest. I'd make the time to go, but I can't make the money to spend on plane tickets, hotel rooms, etc.

I've expressed interest, but damn, money is a serious issue for me. I might be getting a job this winter, but I've got a fair amount of debts to pay still. T_T

How long is the whole con? Because aside from money, I've got two dogs that need taking care of, and I don't know anyone who take care of them for me. . .Not for more than a couple days at the very most. I dunno, maybe I can work something out.

Edited by Rainbro Dash

Just some general information that might help some people out!

4 Day Badge with preview night $175

4 Day Badge w/o preview night $150

Single Day Thur-Sat $40

Single Day Sunday $25

It seems pre-registration is only available to those who attended the 2011 con. Open Public registration is gonna happen soon. The site says Winter 2011/2012

http://www.comic-con...ci_reg_2012.php

I did some number crunching.. Southwest Airlines seems pretty cheap. I live in Arkansas so rates may vary for you guys ..but helpful food for thought.

Arrival And Return trips are both the same cost. $227 *AT THE MOMENT* Prices vary throughout the year, but I think ordering them far in advance saves some money. So in total

Arrival and Return Trip - $454

I still need to figure out hotel reservations..It'd probably be best if we get a confirmation on who all we can expect. That way we can find the best deal possible..but at the moment for me personally... If I go with 4 Days WITH Preview Night + Current Flight I'm sitting at about $650 give or take. My personal estimation will be..maybe $200 for hotel? Still need to make room for food and swag.. So Gonna shoot for a grand total of $1000 - $1200.After some Number crunching, I know for certain, I'll be able to attend..It's all about saving up now

I propose that perhaps..we dont need preview night. Hell maybe forget about a day..Use it just to hang with our fellow Bronys around town or something! I don't know about you but I've NEVER been to San Diego..Hell California! It'd still be hella tight to just sight see or dick around in the hotel playing video games. ~

We have 7 MONTHS.. It may seem far away but we gotta get plotting now.. So c'mon guys! Let's try and do this! :D

Edited by Kuni

If possibly, we can share hotel rooms. Reducing the cost by splitting it up between the people who need it.

I've done this before when I went to SGC. Save a lot of moolah. We've had 6 people in a two bed hotel room.

Unless anyone is not comfortable sharing a bed with another person then we can have a good amount, without being over crowded. Most of our time will be outside of the hotel room anyway.

I believe only a few of us are needing to fly and the majority just need to drive over, since they live in cali.

Again, money is not a problem for me.

I don't mind sharing a bed. I can sleep on the floor even--sharing rooms is not a problem. I just hope no one snores :P

I'll have to make plans for my dogs (still don't know what to do), and get a job and save a ton of money. But for now go ahead and add me to the official list.

Oh man, I really want to go, and I'm fine with sharing a bed. But I don't know if my parent's would even think about letting me go!

Hmmmm... I'm gonna have to find a job... Anyways, I think I can afford this, I'll be working with my friend tomorrow AND GETTING PAID. If we are really going through with this, who is gonna bring the Wii/Gamecube so I can scrape sarge in some SSBM

If i we're to go to this. i'd need to

1) get a flight from vancouver booked to SD

2) get a few people to bunk with me in a hotel room

3) get more money

And unfortunally. 1 and 3 aren't exactly very likely for me....

i'd love to come. but first i'd have to get the extra money and convince my parents to let me go...

@hugh. i could bring my gamecube but if i could go but someone else would need to bring a couple controllers and the game

I'll take ANYONE on in fighting games! That's the real game genre of competition!

We should totally make plans for ...

Smash Bros. *Tch, You ain't got nothin' on my Ness people. LETS GOH!"

Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

Tekken 6

Street Fighter X Tekken

Fighting is Magic *PLEASE..PLEASE be out by then!*

..and anything else anyone can think of! :D

*Edit* - I'll totally bring my PS3 and my arcade sticks.

But I'm honestly thinking.. I don't know how to fairly divide this but I want to help out people that know they're gonna come and have a fair bit of money saved up. I want to try and split some money and start a donation box or something..All funds would go directly to people that need just a little bit to make it.

Edited by Kuni

I'll bring my ORANGE Gamecube controller that has pwned many a soul in the Melee of Smash Brothers.

And I shall bring my ORANGE Gamecube controller as well!

You do not want to see my Mario in action.

tf2_spray___come_at_me_bro_by_ambris-d4alcep.jpg

Edited by Rainbro Dash

None of you want to see my purple GCB controler and my immortal link skills :D

XD i'm probably pretty decent. but i'll probably lose. what with only really being able to play against idiots now adays (my super smash bro's melee matches videos can preview my skills)

EITHER WAY

COME

AT

MOI

BRETHREN

De-railing aside..So it sounds like we might want to take a day to hang and do this gaming. This can seriously effect prices . Let's work something out. What do we WANT to do? Sunday ,15th seems to be when most the lines die down.. So if you want to play a new game being show cased there, that's probably the best time to do so.

I propose this-

July 11th: Arrive as early as possible in the morning. Let's forsake preview night and let's have fun together.

July 12 - 13th : Max the hell out of Comic-Con!!!

July 14th : It's Saturday...Gonna be the busiest there is.. How about we chill that day?

July 15th: FINAL DAY OF COMIC-CON! LETS GO!

July 16th: We say our farewells and part ways.

Or we could just swap the 14th and the 15th.

..Also I just realized this is cutting extremely close to my 23rd birthday. July 19th. I demand a huge ass party the likes Pinkie Pie would totally be jelly! :spin:

Edited by Kuni

Sounds really fun, but can't afford a trip to Cali :/

Btw I'd eat you all with Jigglypuff

Edited by OhHaiDare

Alrighty, I have just gone over my mother with this, she is fine, although she flipped out when I said I would be meeting random people on the internet and sharing a hotel with them. I just need to start saving up for the trip and for the likely SWAG that is gonna be there.

Sorry to push this but let's focus on the schedual first. Does anyone have problems with the Tentative schedule? *Check the previous page*

Also another idea. We totally need to have matching shirts and what not. I propose we get shirts with the Logo Rainbro made for the UFF on them...Or perhaps get a color varient for non UFF.

brony_team_badge__by_ambris-d4eydn5.png

@Kuni, Hehe, I like this schedule a lot.

Though I'm not too happy about July 16th.

@Hugh, We aren't random peeps breh. OUR FRIENDSHIP IS MORE POWERFUL THAN POWER ITSELF. REGARDLESS OF BEING OFF THE INTERNET OR NOT

Naw I know you guys well enough, I just said "random people" to get a rise out of my mother hahaha. But yeah, I'm getting in a little over my head here, let's plan this out more carefully first.