Scootsy Wootsy Woona Time

Ponyville Meetup (Comicon)

139 posts in this topic

Exact words from my mother when i asked her

"how do you know these people aren't drug addicts, or murderers?"

she... way too over protective

so basically. if someone living in vancouver who's over the age of 19 could "chaperon me. my parents won't let me go.

sigh

My opinion is that we have one person do all the hotel booking, so we can all be in the same hotel, but seperate rooms if we have too. I also like the schedule, but it is very unlikely for me to be able to go... D:

Oh awesome thing, why must you be 3000 miles away from me?

If only I had $2000 dollars lying around to take a trip to Cali. Alas, I shall have to wait for a meetup closer to me.

Sarge, since you and I are kinda spearheading this.. Let's try to be the primary guys in charge since we kinda got an idea on what to expect.

We'll need a couple things by the end of this month. *If not possibly sooner*

We need to know if people are DEFINITELY WITHOUT A DOUBT coming. We gotta figure out how many rooms we need so we can split cost effectively, so on and so forth. So I'm gonna start a tally list. So far from what I understand that list stands as the following.

Sarge

Myself

Hugh-Mann Hug Man =p

Hooker Punch

If I made any mistakes please correct me!

*Edit*

@ Kino and Groove

New York Comic-Con perhaps? ~ I live pretty central..so totally down with that! ..Given if I can regain enough cash by then! :lol:

Edited by Kuni

Do we know a possible maybe kinda sorta price to expect for hotel rooms? I'm trying to figure up prices, so I can give a kind of presentation to my parents with as much info as possible.

Im checking the price for 1 room with 4 Adults..

http://reservations....info_h2264.html

Currently at this holiday inn, it seems to be ..$152 a day. If we can get 4 people per room, that splits the cost effectively to $152 PER PERSON.

Given current estimates, 3 day WITHOUT preview night Comic-con + Hotel = $272

You guys are gonna have to figure out your own travel fees. I'd also suggest about..$200 Dedicated for food at least. It may seem much but just trying to be safe.

Edited by Kuni

Sorry to push this but let's focus on the schedual first. Does anyone have problems with the Tentative schedule? *Check the previous page*

Also another idea. We totally need to have matching shirts and what not. I propose we get shirts with the Logo Rainbro made for the UFF on them...Or perhaps get a color varient for non UFF.

brony_team_badge__by_ambris-d4eydn5.png

COMING SOON! *starts working on something*

Im checking the price for 1 room with 4 Adults..

http://reservations....info_h2264.html

Currently at this holiday inn, it seems to be ..$152 a day. If we can get 4 people per room, that splits the cost effectively to $152 PER PERSON

Pfft, lets just sneak extra people into a room. I'll sleep on the floor even.

Edited by Rainbro Dash

According to my "calculations", I could possibly swing this thing for about $1000. I think it's time I start a change jar, tip jar, and any other kind of jar people will put money into. I also hope I get this job I am applying for so I could have some kind of chance of going.

@ Rainbro

I know but I'd rather estimate High without squeezing people at the moment. That way if it turns out we have more than enough, we'll have some spare money at least

As much as I wish I could go, I can say there is 0% chance of me even getting my hopes up. Maybe we could set up Skype or ooVoo or something for those of us that can't make it. Also for my fellow east coasters, what about PAX East? That's the only big convention I can think of at the moment in our general area.

Welp, as the Mrs said, financially, this one would be just too much for us. Last time we went outside our state, it was just Mrs Kenyon, and the airline ticket alone killed us. If we're gonna see you crazy kids, it'll have to be more local. I remember a suggestion of A-Kon in June, which is a regular visit for the Kenyon clan...

Sorry to push this but let's focus on the schedual first. Does anyone have problems with the Tentative schedule? *Check the previous page*

Also another idea. We totally need to have matching shirts and what not. I propose we get shirts with the Logo Rainbro made for the UFF on them...Or perhaps get a color varient for non UFF.

brony_team_badge__by_ambris-d4eydn5.png

COMING SOON! *starts working on something*

Sorry for the small size, but:

th_UFFshirt.png

Can totally make these cheap at spreadshirt.com!

Oh, and here's one for Sarge:

UFFhoodie.png

/stereotype

XD

Edited by Rainbro Dash

@Rainbro, DAMN RIGHT

As this can be a hefty amount of cash to drop onto, I like to think of penny spent is worth it.

Not everyday you get to hang out with a large group of friends without a care in the world. That we are there not because of comic con, but because we all want to just be together.

I probably won't room with you folks--as great as that'd be, I have family in San Diego, so it'd be silly to pay extra for a hotel room when I could just board there.

Hanging out with friends AND Smash Bros on the hotel rooms!? Man I wish I was rich right now...

We east-coasters need to try something like this!

I'm PA, Seen a Maryland and a few Jerseys.

Same, from the Philly area ^_^

I'm from New York. =P

I would like to go, but its mad far and all.

And besides, my parents wouldn't be too keen with me meeting up with people of teh interwebz.

I'm from New York. =P

I would like to go, but its mad far and all.

And besides, my parents wouldn't be too keen with me meeting up with people of teh interwebz.

Wow, east coast representin'. There's more of us over here than I thought. Cool thing is I'm like right in the middle of you all.

Found a shuttle service that'd pick us up from the Airport to the Hotel

https://www.supershu...om/Default.aspx

I'm going off the basis that we'd be staying at the previously mentioned Holiday Inn.

For a SHARED shuttle ride to Hotel from arrival flight - $ 22 Dollars for the first person. $22 Additional for every guest afterward. Maximum occupancy is 10

For an EXCLUSIVE shuttle ride to the hotel from arrival Flight - $76 . Maximum Occupancy is 7.

It's the same thing for the ride back for Departure flight. If we have a minimum of Four participants, then the EXCLUSIVE shuttle beats out.

Exclusive total - $76

Shared total - $88

Currently trying to find a shuttle service to the actual convention at the moment. Having a little harder time..Figured I'd post this up in the meantime.

Edited by Kuni

While you guys are concerned with public transportation while in San Diego, I still need to figure out how I'm going to get there.

Bah, my family has only one car, so I'm going to have to find public transportation.

Edited by Rainbro Dash

I am bringing 2 friends with me, and possibly a 3rd so it's highly likely I'll share a hotel room with them. I also have my transportation all sorted out so that's good as well.