Scootsy Wootsy Woona Time

Ponyville Meetup (Comicon)

139 posts in this topic

have been discussing with my parents and siblings.

My bro is willing to go just because it's comi-con. and my mom is considering letting me go with him

There's still the issue of money for me. I need either another job to get extra funs or get more shifts at work.

I'll probably room with my bro if we go. so no need for me to share a room

Alrighty, so let's get a confirmed headcount real quick organized via lodging.

CONFIRMED LIST

Hotel Room 1

Sarge

Wubtavia

Myself

Greenwall <- * Good buddy of mine. Need to get him to join the forum and post up. He's just being a fluttershy

Hotel Room 2

Hugh-Mann

Friend 1 - 3 *If I recall right, you mentioned bringing 2 or 3? I'll count 3 for now..but really need to get that down pact. If you could get them to post here about thier plans or report to us about it, it'd be greatly appreciated. We gotta stay in good communications*

Staying with Relatives

Hooker Punch

*Possible/Not Confirmed

Hotel Room 1

Rainbro Dash

Pinkie Spy

Yoshioka

Hotel Room 3

Lord Fluffy

His Brother

Not counting the Possible ones, we've got 6 - 8 Hotel goers.. Meaning it'd be cheaper to rent a 10 occupant SHARED Shuttle to/from airport to hotel. Again, if I have my people/numbers mixed up do point out!

Edited by Kuni

It occurs to me that we should start learning each others real names. It might be kinda weird calling out "Hey Sarge! Take a look at this" in public places. . .

Actually never mind, that's pretty awesome.

Just call me Rainbro. :D

Edited by Rainbro Dash

It occurs to me that we should start learning each others real names. It might be kinda weird calling out "Hey Sarge! Take a look at this" in public places. . .

Actually never mind, that's pretty awesome.

Just call me Rainbro. :D

Tch, 'real' names are for losers. Our Online Handles/Nicknames are bawss. Something we don't have to worry about at the moment..buut when it gets closer is defenitly contact information. I think I have most of the people interested/participating either on my Steam *sans additional friends/family members mentioned*. Later on we should exchange Cell Phone Numbers. It'll make things alot easier at the airport or if we get separated, that's for sure. Now, don't go and post your Phone HERE..That'd be silly. Contact via steam or PM box.

But yeah, still a little while before that. Just something I figured we'd need to do at some point.

Now, don't go and post your Phone HERE..That'd be silly. Contact via steam or PM box.

Or announce your number ingame, without the area code, and leave people to spazz over how to reach you, a la Hooker Punch.

"Piano, TX" is still my favorite moment on these servers.

June/July, right? I live in Vegas and that's like a five-hour drive away from SD. I might be able to go if I don't have any summer school sessions (which I'm sure I don't). :)

Also, I have lodging taken care of: my grandma owns a condo in Coronado and I don't think she'll mind if I use it.

Edited by Rainbow Dash™

Now, don't go and post your Phone HERE..That'd be silly. Contact via steam or PM box.

Or announce your number ingame, without the area code, and leave people to spazz over how to reach you, a la Hooker Punch.

"Piano, TX" is still my favorite moment on these servers.

If they can't guess my area code, they don't deserve my phone number. Sarge got it easy.

Suddenly, hella people reading the thread :o.

And about my fourth, do you really need to know as of this moment if he's coming or not? July is still 7 months away...

And about my fourth, do you really need to know as of this moment if he's coming or not? July is still 7 months away...

Nah, don't need to know quite at this moment. I'm thinking perhaps..by the end of January is a good deadline for this. Pretty sure the Comic-Con tickets would be sold out by then anycase.

*edit*

Sorry if I'm coming off as a strict bastard. I really want to make this work. If you can get any information in ASAP it's greatly appreciated. =)

Edited by Kuni

Nah, don't need to know quite at this moment. I'm thinking perhaps..by the end of January is a good deadline for this. Pretty sure the Comic-Con tickets would be sold out by then anycase.

*edit*

Sorry if I'm coming off as a strict bastard. I really want to make this work. If you can get any information in ASAP it's greatly appreciated. =)

Naw, it's coo'. I'll just ask him on Monday. Garsh, I'm gonna have to save up like 400-500 dollars for this... WORTH IT.

When do tickets go on sale? Also, I checked and I should be available for July. I'm probably gonna be in Cali either way at that time because we go every July for the 4th.

Since registration opens soon, at least have enough money to buy the tickets so you can secure your spot.

Then, worry about plane/hotel later if you're sure that you can go.

We would HATE to see anyone not being able to go because they are sold out.

When do tickets go on sale? Also, I checked and I should be available for July. I'm probably gonna be in Cali either way at that time because we go every July for the 4th.

PUBLIC Tickets are not on sale yet. They're still doing pre-registration for the people that attended last comic-con..So yeah those guys get first serve..But the Comic-Con twitter said it'd be up about Winter 11/Winter 12.. So it's gonna be hitting us soon!

So further discission with my parents ended in failure. My brother has had very "rough" experiences with being in america. and has been known to mouth off security guards.. so my parents are not willing to let me go with him. so for now unfortunally i'm still without a chaperone.

I'm still entirely willing to go. but for now i'm off the going list. i'm gonna ask around my school tommorow to see if anyone would be willing to go with their parents or whatever and have me come along

My neighbor went to comicon last year, cool lady. She greeted me with a "yar har" whilst a tricorn when I went to borrow some power tools on haloween o:

It's a major plane trip from Detroit, but I'm going as far as I'm concerned. My brother will have to go too since he's the one making the plans; I'm persuading him to like MLP, and so far he's considering it.

I'm making a large amount of money at the moment, so yes, I'm sure of it. I'll probably make more with the posters I'll be selling there.

Edited by Zelcface

Am I seeing this right?

4 Day Badge with preview night $175

4 Day Badge w/o preview night $150

Single Day Thur-Sat $40

Single Day Sunday $25

so a 4 day badge is $150 and if you buy badges separately each day it's $145?

Not too interested in Comicon, but I am interested in a meet-up. Half of my family lives out in LA so maybe I'll plan my next trip to cali around that time. I'd love to play some smash melee with people, maybe we can organize a friendly tournament or something.

I'll try to figure out the details on vising cali within the next few months. Don't count me in just yet, but don't count me out. If it happens I'll probably carpool with Raini and Docs_Fox down there for a few days or something.

Really, we should have a dallas meetup at A-Kon or something. I know me, Sarge, Negevs would all be able to go. Or even better: Quakecon, since that's free. Plus, airfare to Dallas generally runs a bit cheaper than to Cali.

But that's all a sideshow, I guess. I just like Quakecon more.

Am I seeing this right?

4 Day Badge with preview night $175

4 Day Badge w/o preview night $150

Single Day Thur-Sat $40

Single Day Sunday $25

so a 4 day badge is $150 and if you buy badges separately each day it's $145?

That's what it seems like. You can check it out here

http://www.comic-con...ci_reg_2012.php

From what I grasp from the page, there was a discount but it was taken away to encourage separate day purchases.

A more local convention would be really cool to do too! We wanted to try and nail something huuuuuge and involve the Cali Crowd. But setting up a meet up at a convention in Texas would be pretty sweet too. Then the West coasters can pay for their own flight next time =p. But if you guys want to go ahead and try to plan a different meet up, you should totally post another thread about it to keep things organized =). I'd definitely be interested in going myself.. Texas is within driving distance from Arkansas. Depending when it is, I might be able to go.. but lordie Comic-con's gonna have my wallet tight forever!

Edited by Kuni

I've been snooping around the net, trying to find a good con for east coasters to meet up at. I know there's a Comic con in NYC, and Pittsburgh. There's also some stuff in Baltimore, I just gotta pinpoint some. Is Otakon still happening? I was gonna go about five years or so ago, but never got around to it.

I know Pittsburgh is in March, I think. If Otakon is still around, I think that was August-ish Anypony know when the NYC con is?

@Kuni: at this point, any plans for any other conventions would just get ignored if put in a different thread, seeing as how the Cali one is 'the' meetup and the new header message will only direct to this one. Maybe an admin could split the whole thing up, but till then...

Honestly any 'mass meetup' will only really favor the ponies most local to the meetup point. Few ponies are able to travel cross-country, or to another country, for a meetup with internet friends, especially considering the demographic of the brony populace. much of the crowd here is just finishing high school, and the economy being what it is, many ponies who work aren't likely to be able to swing airfare + hotel + con tickets. So I think relatively local meetups are the way to go. At least keeping one to a time zone puts meetups in a more rational travel distance.

So Cali covers the west coasters, Then there's Texas, East coast, maybe the midwest would be another good meetup. I recall some indiana ponies round here, i think. Oh, and don't forget our European bronies. Anything less than an eight hour drive away cuts down alot on the financial commitment a pony will have to put out for a meetup. So expect a meetup to generally cover ponies in about an 400 mile radius from it.

Anyway, for the East coasters, I'm trying to find something in easter-central PA. Not just cause I live here, but from what I've heard from fellow east coasters, It's fairly centered, being about 1-2 hour drive from most of Jersey, 3 hours from NYC, and maybe 4-5 from most of Maryland and Ohio. I want to meet other bronies from here, but I don't want to break anyone's bit bank in the process.

Anypony interested in Ren Faire's as a meet point? There's one in southeastern PA that runs from Labor Day through the end of October.