Trinket

Weird Al on MLP?!

10 posts in this topic

http://www.usatoday.com/story/popcandy/2014/01/15/weird-al-my-little-pony/4490001/

Apparently, "Weird Al" Yankovic is going to be on a future episode of MLP, as an earth pony by the name of Cheese Sandwich.

...I do apologize, but I'm going to go off into my little corner here and fan boy out.

Opinions? Thoughts? Anyone want to join in on my chorus of "It's about goddamn time"?

Normally I'd blame the parents for that godawful name, but I guess it'd be hard to work with the surname "Sandwich".

Edited by Ponargonian

It kinda makes sense. If ya pay close attention, his cutie mark is that of a grilled cheese sandwich being pulled apart...and it looks like an accordion.

Which is Weird Al's instrument of choice.

PERFECT SENSE!  :crazytown:

1 person likes this

Weird Al? Now all the fans the Pinkie Weird Al PMVs will rejoice. It sounds pretty cool actually.

1 person likes this

Well I guess Weird Al needs SOMETHING to do.

Has he done anything in the past 14 years?

Does anyone remember the Simpsons episode in which Weird Al Yankovic has the lyric "they say love goes on, long after the grilled cheese sandwich is gone"?

Anyone remember that? every once in a while I get reminded of the past glories of The Simpsons. MLPFiM has definitely taken inspiration there, with Super Speedy Cider Squeesy 6000 and "Monorail!"

2 people like this

Saw the episode since I heard Weird Al was going to be on it. I've been a fan of weird al for decades. Was pretty good. :D He only dropped into his standard Al voice during the Goof Off song.

I wonder if MLP will be seeing a string of guest stars a la The Simpsons at this point of its life?

Also, Al's been pretty active since...did a Gaga parody recently, White & Nerdy had insane YouTube views, etc.