nope

3 Reasons Why Fluttershy is Best Pony

99 posts in this topic

This is turning into another Rainbow Dash Vs. Fluttershy war. Clearly Fluttershy is the better pony, u mad RD fans? Fluttershy is cute, Rainbow Dash isn't, nuff said.

1 person likes this

Why is it that the RD fans always use "nope.avi" and "Sonic Rainboom" as their only arguments anyways?

Why is it that the RD fans always use "nope.avi" and "Sonic Rainboom" as their only arguments anyways?

Because it's already clear to everyone that RD is best pony. :3

Because it's already clear to everyone that RD is best pony. :3

More like that you guys wouldn't have recognized a logical argument if it came and bit you in the plot =P

its all they have, unlike Fluttershy who has so many more options for "discussion"

1 person likes this

This is turning into another Rainbow Dash Vs. Fluttershy war. Clearly Fluttershy is the better pony, u mad RD fans? Fluttershy is cute, Rainbow Dash isn't, nuff said.

What happened to the truce? I'm gonna hafta get all G3 up in here....

Edited by Cinnamon Groove

What happened to the truce? I'm gonna hafta get all G3 up in here....

Ah buck, he is not joking guys. Retreat! Reinforce the truce!

Before that I feel like pointing out two things.

#1 Archaephyrryx broke the truce, so that's on you guys.

#2 The biggest problem I have with Fluttershy is that her fans deify her too much. Every other pony's fans are willing to admit that their favorite pony has faults. Rainbro and I, probably the two or two of the biggest RD fans on the forum, have happily admitted that Rainbow is immature and has a huge ego. It's part of what makes her character round. I've never seen any Fluttershy fan admit to Fluttershy's shortcomings. It's like they want her to be a Mary Sue (which she isn't). It reminds me of trying to convince fans of Twilight (the vampire book thing) that their main character is shallow and flat. They seem to forget that a character needs faults in order to be interesting.

Yeah, topics like this are meant to brag about a character's strong points and talk about why they're awesome. The RD topic (and now this one) has plenty of that for RD. But that one and many other threads also explore RD's weaknesses, which is something I've never seen happen to Fluttershy. It's kind of unfortunate, because unlike Bella or whatever her name was, Fluttershy is an excellent character, but her fans just seem to want a moeblob.

Well said, Kino.

They're all, in fact, great characters with their own strengths and flaws. (my argument is AJ could use another flaw or two--but lets not derail this topic with that--she's still a really likeable character).

Edited by Rainbro Dash

Inb4 G3 ponies...

Well seeing how you obviously are taking this a bit to serious good sir Kino, I am playing the same game in this thread that Rainbro is doing in his thread, by purposely being a super obsessed fanboy for the lulz. Sure, I am happy to admit Fluttershy got her flaws like being so shy it ruins some of her social life and always being very affraid of things, but honestly these are some of the things that make me like the character so much because I can relate so much to that. Always when I post something "witty" or joking I am always affraid of offending someone, and I see I have done that again with this thread, so I am genuinely sorry for starting this miniature flamewar of ours. Let's all just say that all ponies are awesome and leave it at that, shal we?

let it be know i did not participate in this truce breaking *hides back in house like fluttershy*

Edited by Lord Fluffy

#1 Archaephyrryx broke the truce, so that's on you guys.

He was comparing Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash with an obvious bias towards Fluttershy, sure, but it is a topic about Fluttershy so I don't see the problem.

#2 The biggest problem I have with Fluttershy is that her fans deify her too much. Every other pony's fans are willing to admit that their favorite pony has faults. Rainbro and I, probably the two or two of the biggest RD fans on the forum, have happily admitted that Rainbow is immature and has a huge ego. It's part of what makes her character round. I've never seen any Fluttershy fan admit to Fluttershy's shortcomings. It's like they want her to be a Mary Sue (which she isn't). It reminds me of trying to convince fans of Twilight (the vampire book thing) that their main character is shallow and flat. They seem to forget that a character needs faults in order to be interesting.

I agree, but Rainbow Dash fans do it just as much. I respect both you and Rainbro since both of you are aware of RD's faults, but many other RD fans that I have seen seem to be oblivious to them and say stuff like "LOL RD IS BEST PONY ALL OTHERS SUCK LOL." Yes, it is a minority, but unlike the fans of the other 5 ponies RD fans do it a lot more. What I'm trying to say, is that blaming this stuff on Fluttershy fans is very harsh, because RD fans are just as bad.

Like Rainbo Dash pointed out, the only pony without faults is Applejack. She also happens to be a boring character too, so it probably is related.

Could we stop all the Fluttershy Vs. Rainbow Dash stuff in this thread, it's getting annoying.

1 person likes this

Like Rainbo Dash pointed out, the only pony without faults is Applejack. She also happens to be a boring character too, so it probably is related.

Could we stop all the Fluttershy Vs. Rainbow Dash stuff in this thread, it's getting annoying.

Actually, isn't AJ kind of a racist? She always seems sceptical to everything Zecora does or what? Not a full fledged clanspony or anything, but still.

But yeah, let's please have a truce now.

Edited by Nightmare Lyre

Actually, isn't AJ kind of a racist? She always seems sceptical to everything Zecora does or what? Not a full fledged clanspony or anything, but still.

Not at all. I would say AJ's potential other fault is that she's just really simple:

"Don't use your fancy mathematics to muddy the issue!" -- Applejack

It's not something that comes up too often, as making a character's defining flaw as being dumb comes across as kinda mean, for whatever reason--especially for a kid's show. Having said that, I would actually never call AJ stupid. She's just somewhat simple, and perhaps is slightly less willing to trust things outside of her experience, such as Zecora's bizarre form of magic.

Thought it's too late for this, it might have been interesting if Applejack was perhaps a little wary of magic in general, putting her slightly at odds with Twilight. Not in the sense that she wouldn't trust Twilight herself, but more in the sense that she would think magic is unreliable, and would prefer to do everything by hoof and handwork.

But that's a entirely different topic. If someone wants to continue on with it, please start a new topic, and perhaps link to it from here. I don't want to be accused derailing this one--something that I'm beginning to think is my special talent. :tongue:

Edited by Rainbro Dash

Not at all. I would say AJ's potential other fault is that she's just really simple:

"Don't use your fancy mathematics to muddy the issue!" -- Applejack

It's not something that comes up too often, as making a character's defining flaw as being dumb comes across as kinda mean, for whatever reason--especially for a kid's show. Having said that, I would actually never call AJ stupid. She's just somewhat simple, and perhaps is slightly less willing to trust things outside of her experience, such as Zecora's bizarre form of magic.

Thought it's too late for this, it might have been interesting if Applejack was perhaps a little wary of magic in general, putting her slightly at odds with Twilight. Not in the sense that she wouldn't trust Twilight herself, but more in the sense that she would think magic is unreliable, and would prefer to do everything by hoof and handwork.

But that's a entirely different topic. If someone wants to continue on with it, please start a new topic, and perhaps link to it from here. I don't want to be accused derailing this one--something that I'm beginning to think is my special talent. :tongue:

I wouldn't say Applejack is dumb or stupid, but probably the most close-minded of the mane six, which works hoof-in-hoof with her stubbornness.

Also, Rainbro, is this your cutie mark? heehee

rail_track_gleise-2555px.png

I never said all the other ponies suck. I love all the Mane 6. I just think that RD is best and that's my opinion. I can't change yours so I don't try to. I was partially messing around with my previous posts because of my display name.

Edited by Rainbow Dash™

I wouldn't say Applejack is dumb or stupid, but probably the most close-minded of the mane six, which works hoof-in-hoof with her stubbornness.

Agreed.

Also, Rainbro, is this your cutie mark? heehee

rail_track_gleise-2555px.png

Lol, it might just be.

Well, this would be wonderful to have in a "3 Reasons Why Applejack is Best Pony."

Problem is, it doesn't exist because I don't know bout you guys but I haven't really seen any Applejack fans.

Maybe I'll make it myself but problem is she is actually my fourth favorite pony (tied with Pinkie Pie and RD), so I can't really make good arguements and it would be best if a true fan made it him/herself.

I'll think about it after Finals. Atm, I can come up with some reasons but not enough/kinda weak.

Edited by Dellobow

Well, this would be wonderful to have in a "3 Reasons Why Applejack is Best Pony."

Problem is, it doesn't exist because I don't know bout you guys but I haven't really seen any Applejack fans.

I think OhHaiDare is a big AJ fan, we should ask him